Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on the basketball game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,189

Thoughts on the basketball game

Nov 1, 2013, 10:40 PM

First, I get that we were playing a D2 school and I can't read too much into it yet, but as bad as our Offense was last year, for us to hang 98 on anyone shows improvement. Hopefully we continue to see an improved offense. Also, KJ McDaniels is still a beast and has the freshest shoes on the team. Jaron Blossomgame looks like he's going to be the real deal. Definitely feel like he would've helped us last year, but having the RS year to develop may have been good for him. Finally, the fans need to support this team. I know it was a scrimmage, so the low crowd wasn't shocking, but hopefully it will pick up as the season goes on. I feel like this will be a better product on the court than what we saw last year, so let's start filling up Littlejohn now and not wait until Duke comes in January. I like what I saw tonight, hoping we shock some people this year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on the basketball game

Nov 1, 2013, 10:46 PM

Agreed. Need some fans at the game against Stetson next Friday night. Lets show these guys some support.

Nov 1, 2013, 10:48 PM

I had fun tonight! It's not everyday you see empty court side seats when there free. Kj is a lot of fun to watch

Jamie King

Nov 1, 2013, 10:55 PM

was in mid season form. Called a number of "you're kidding, right" type of calls. We are set at the Center position for a number of years, impressed.

Athletic dept. should offer discounted tickets NOW!

Nov 2, 2013, 12:31 AM

Turnout for a free game was below low.

Where are the discounted tickets they need to offer to get a half decent croud?

Re: Athletic dept. should offer discounted tickets NOW!

Nov 2, 2013, 8:06 AM

how about some discounts for Seniors?

Nov 2, 2013, 7:21 AM

Was at the game last night,and while it's true FMU was outmanned,I was impressed by some of the things I saw from the Clemson side of the ball:
First we have some depth.Even with Patrick Rooks out,Brad was able to substitute players in and out.
Secondly,we have some athletes that can play.K.J. is a beast,and Landry Nnoko looked like he added
some weight in the offseason.
Free throw shooting looked better,but still needs work,shooting the treys was also better allthough I think they only hit 25% of the threes attempted.Still at least we have some guys now capable of hitting the threes.
Finally we have have a team that is not dependent on the play of one guy.No longer when we dish the ball inside like last year with Devon,the guy in the low post has some players to dish the ball too that can shoot without hestiating(like Jennings who looked lost at times).
Whether this team makes the Big Dance is yet to be seen,but I do think 18 wins is in the realm,and if not an NCAA trip,maybe an NIT bid,which is better than what we had last year.

Agree - fair analysis! Re: Thoughts on the basketball game

Nov 2, 2013, 8:12 AM

Thanks

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We actually finished hitting 39% of 3's and 71% FT

Nov 2, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on the basketball game ]

I'll take that all year long. In fact, if our season percentages are close to that I say we're a major surprise. I really like what I'm seeing from Roper at PG. His speed with the ball in his hands makes us a completely different team. Thought Blossomgame and Coleman looked excellent. Djambo can shoot it

All well and good

Nov 2, 2013, 8:57 AM

but FMU is preseason 9th in the Peach Belt so I wouldn't read too much into tonight's big win.

Re: All well and good

Nov 2, 2013, 11:12 AM

I've heard this before.

Let me know when they are :

1. fundamentally sound (including making their free throws)
2. compete in what is now an expanded ACC. (including PITT & Syracuse)

on #2, add notre dame as well. full member sans football.

Nov 4, 2013, 4:15 AM

i don't like'em, but they are a decent bball team, at least they have been recently.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree***

Nov 3, 2013, 9:49 PM [ in reply to All well and good ]

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,189
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic