Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All this hatred for NC State...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 666

All this hatred for NC State...

Nov 13, 2012, 11:17 AM

Geez guys...thanks for 0 credit!

There definitely is a difference between fan bases...

My experience is being Tiger born and bred, and then I went to NC State for Engineering, so I'm a big wolfpack fan now too. To be completely honest, yes- I can definitely see where State fans get a bad rep. Most of it is driven out of the frustration of being the largest in state school with mediocre at best athletics for the past few decades it seems. However, we do deserve credit for being incredibly passionate about our teams, albeit to the point of irrationality.

I take great offense to being compared to the Coots though. I hate no one fanbase more in this world than Coots. Going to Columbia for a game as a fan of anyone else is an especially horrible experience, and I take any sort of comparison to the likes of Coots (athletically, academically, fanbase-wise) personally.

To me, Clemson is, and forever will be, the golden standard of class and the ultimate tailgating atmosphere. (we all have our share of dummies though). But I've had a fun time being a State fan too, though just not as often. Hopefully some success in basketball will allow some of our "bad fans" to ease up. There is no sense to me in acting like a jerk at athletic events. We're all there to have a good time, and there's nothing a fan can do from the stands but support your Alma Mater, team, whatever.

I cant wait for Saturday in Death Valley. One of the most spectacular settings in all of athletics!

Go Wolfgers.

fwiw: this game shouldn't be remotely close.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think much of it is just wanting some payback after

Nov 13, 2012, 11:21 AM

last year's debacle at Carter-Finley

I went to grad school at NCSt ---my wife went to undergrad there--- and we have frequently been astonished at the vitriol and classlessness exhibited by a lot of the wolfpack fans--particularly students.

But we join with every wuffie in existence in hating everything light blue----we both dislike unc MUCH MUCH worse

BTW---looks like State's getting back to basketball prominence....thats a good thing

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 666
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic