Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All these hurricanes have me thinking, is God punishing us
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 926

All these hurricanes have me thinking, is God punishing us

Oct 10, 2018, 9:43 AM

for electing a man with half an extra chromosome to office? Or appointing a rapist to the Supreme court?

I'm not super religious, but you really have to wonder if we don't deserve this. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All these hurricanes have me thinking, is God punishing us

Oct 10, 2018, 9:46 AM

HAARP

Oct 10, 2018, 11:18 AM

Have An ### ###### Party?

Whut?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: All these hurricanes have me thinking, is God punishing us ]

Have you ever met a conspiracy theory that you didn't like?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

global warming

Oct 10, 2018, 9:56 AM

or climate change

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Both but only one at a time according to which way...

Oct 10, 2018, 11:08 AM

the political wind is blowing on any given day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All these things average out, just like golf

Oct 10, 2018, 10:01 AM

You make a birdie, the next tee shot goes outa bounds

Just chill....

Maybe, just maybe, what God is really doing is

Oct 10, 2018, 10:31 AM

playing with the minds of those who have said in their heart, "There is no God!" Me, I give thanks to God in the good and the bad. I also ask Him to open the eyes of the hard hearted too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

So what's the strategy to beat Him at this game.***

Oct 10, 2018, 11:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You thank god for bad stuff do?

Oct 10, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Maybe, just maybe, what God is really doing is ]

Like when Golden Retriever puppies get hit by cars? Or kids die from cancer?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 10:36 AM

Interesting list of those who TU'd this....

Oct 10, 2018, 10:37 AM

they are just TU'ing what the rest of us are thinking.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I TU comedy as quickly as I TU post that I agree with.

Oct 10, 2018, 11:14 AM

I can appreciate a good healthy, humorous come back. That's why you get those points from me. I offend you, you offend me but I remember that if not for P&R we'd be friends who respect and appreciate each other.

That's why you won't find me ever giving TDs to other Clemson fans, even the non Clemson grads.

Re: All these hurricanes have me thinking, is God punishing us***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's possible but that confounds the idea that...

God is just and rewards those who do right. Maybe He's starting at the east coast and will work His way across the heartland where most of the Trump voters live. I reckon by that logic the west coast will escape the wrath because they are innocent of all this mayhem.

Oct 10, 2018, 10:39 AM

I've come to the conclusion that God allows bad things to happen so we can see His love in action through each other.

My community was effected by flooding from Florence. Over 800 homes were destroyed. Right now there are hundreds of volunteers from all over the country out helping people in need.

It's really a beautiful thing to see people come together but you wouldn't be able to experience that without the devastation....

You just moved up two notches on my prayer list.

Oct 10, 2018, 11:48 AM

God doesn't allow anything. He set a perfect world without sin, sickness or any of the conditions man now find himself in. Man sinned which spoiled that condition bring all death and destruction to us all. Since then we've all sinned and sewn the seeds of ungodliness in our lives.

Galatians Chpt 6

"6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption;..."

That's all this is about. Nothing more and nothing less. We all deserve an early grave and eternal helll thereafter. Even though we live free in the finest country that's existed since the Garden we complain about the least thing.

Some of us give God credit yet we still complain. When our lives are going great it is because of the blessings God has bestowed upon us. When things don't go right we immediately turn and ask why God allow us to reap what we have sewn. That was Job's mistake, that's why his story was told. Each man must sort through this and learn the lesson for himself.

It is not for me to rationalize or explain this to the heathen. It is not my place to explain this concept at all. That is the work of The Holy Spirit. It is about faith and where it's placed. It can not be explained to a man who is making Job's mistake of accusing God and it is not explained by ration. It is explained in great detail by the Word though the Spirit.

They, the lost have no spiritual mind with which to comprehend this. You and I do.

Re: You just moved up two notches on my prayer list.

Oct 10, 2018, 12:50 PM

"God doesn't allow anything"

That would seem to contradict a few passages....

Matthew 5:45- "For He maketh His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."

Romans 8:28- "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Ecclesiastes 3:16-18- "I also observed under the sun: there is wickedness at the place of judgment and there is wickedness at the place of righteousness. 17 I said to myself, “God will judge the righteous and the wicked, since there is a time for every activity and every work.” 18 I said to myself, “This happens so that God may test the children of Adam and they may see for themselves that they are like animals.”

Everybody knows that hurricanes form

Oct 10, 2018, 11:15 AM

from the #### humidity coming from gay cruise ships in the oceans

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Nah.

Oct 10, 2018, 11:40 AM

Would have to be a pretty dumb god to send a storm mass to a few areas filled with people loyal to him to somehow collectively punish a nation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

God hasn't punished anyone yet.

Oct 10, 2018, 11:50 AM

That happens after the judgement. Right now we're all reaping what we've sewn.

Re: God hasn't punished anyone yet.

Oct 10, 2018, 11:52 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Everybody-wants-to-go-to-Heaven-but-nobody-wants-to-go-24235022

What do Thor and Odin do, though?***

Oct 10, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to God hasn't punished anyone yet. ]

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

I had a long late night, drunken talk with my neighbors

Oct 10, 2018, 11:59 AM

about religion a few weeks ago. I typically try to stay away from that stuff, but they kept poking the bear about it.

I'll just leave it at the stuff some people believe is pretty amazing. That, and apparently, everybody else is wrong, and wow..how fscked are the Jews?

Re: I had a long late night, drunken talk with my neighbors

Oct 10, 2018, 12:16 PM

The Children of Israel have the same deal with God they made when they begged Him for Levitical Law so they could prove themselves worthy. You'd have to check with God to see how they are doing. I don't keep up with it because the deal I got was so much better.

What I was told was that unless you squared up with

Oct 10, 2018, 12:21 PM

JC and found him as your savior before you die, your fscked for eternity. Period.

Sounded like the Jews were at the top of that list, and everyone else was just wrong, no matter how big your religions was (like the Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus etc.)

Quite a sales pitch, huh?

Oct 10, 2018, 12:31 PM

Believe in what I believe in or you're gonna burn!

Re: What I was told was that unless you squared up with

Oct 10, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to What I was told was that unless you squared up with ]

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/paint-brushes/2379184/

Ineligible user

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you sending me ads for paint brushes?***

Oct 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

Re: Why are you sending me ads for paint brushes?***

Oct 10, 2018, 2:21 PM

You need a new broad brush to paint with.

I'm just relaying what my neighbors told me.

Oct 10, 2018, 2:27 PM

You can talk to them if you don't like the content.

Re: I had a long late night, drunken talk with my neighbors

Oct 10, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to I had a long late night, drunken talk with my neighbors ]

For a few years in Charleston, my wife and I hosted people for AirBnB, with the understanding that we would still be there. In most cases, my wife took care of them and I just sat on the back porch with them and drank.

So we had this young couple come down. Super nice folks. They were New Springers. Eventually, I invited them to join me for drinks on the porch. My wife went to bed early.

We had a great time and got pretty lit, but eventually, they started to inquire about what church I attended (it was a Saturday night and they planned to attend the local chapter in the morning). I just smiled and said, "Let me stop you right there. I know where this is going." I knew I was about to get the recruitment pitch. And we stayed away from the topic the rest of the evening.

The wife got so hammered that evening that she barfed the next morning. They didn't make it to New Spring.

Welcome to my church, ma'am.

Yeah I should have done that (stopped them)

Oct 10, 2018, 12:28 PM

as I've been there before.

I guess it has to happen every few years so I'll remember why to avoid it.

I've had people from Newspring stop me in the middle of

Oct 10, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I had a long late night, drunken talk with my neighbors ]

cutting grass to tell me about how great it is. I think they've slacked up on the overbearing recruitment these days, for awhile there they were insufferable though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it was kind of like a pyramid scheme?

Oct 10, 2018, 12:32 PM

For every referral, you get a small portion of their tithe?

I think it was just that close to being a legit cult***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have noticed...

Oct 10, 2018, 12:39 PM

They've calmed down a bit since Lord Noble was shown the door. I think you're right.

was he babbling incoherently about red tides?***

Oct 10, 2018, 1:36 PM [ in reply to I think it was just that close to being a legit cult*** ]

You clearly demonstrated you have no idea what you’re

Oct 10, 2018, 1:43 PM

Talking about in that other thread, surprising you would want to bring it back up today.

Re: You clearly demonstrated you have no idea what you’re

Oct 10, 2018, 2:13 PM

right, because red tides are the greatest environmental risk we face today.

Did I say that? Having any sort of conversation with you is like

Oct 10, 2018, 3:00 PM

having one with a 10 year old child.

You literally said the Hurricane would be a good thing

Oct 10, 2018, 3:11 PM

In fact, this hurricane could actually be seen as a good thing for the gulf. It could use a good flush and maybe it will help break up some of the red tide. At the very least keep the rivers running high to keep it from coming into harbors. -lakebum

there will be billions in property damage and lives lost. But yeah, this will be a good thing because of the red tides.

And it could be, for the environment

Oct 10, 2018, 3:48 PM

I know you're too dense to really understand what I was talking about though. My 9 year old neighbor is kind of like you, you tell him one thing and he completely misinterprets it into something else. I feel like you have to have a really, really hard time socializing with people.

Re: And it could be, for the environment

Oct 10, 2018, 3:52 PM

does talking completely out of your ### work for you in real life, because you really do not fool many people in here.

LOL, and here we are with the predictable tbalm response

Oct 10, 2018, 4:06 PM

when he realizes he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about, and isn't sure what else to say. Nice.

Re: LOL, and here we are with the predictable tbalm response

Oct 10, 2018, 4:10 PM

A hurricane does not fix algae bloom any more than raking your lawn would prevent trees from losing their leaves. It comes right back, the hurricane in the grand scheme of things does nothing, it is just an interesting topic for pseudo scientists like your self to talk about at the grocery store, to try and sound smart of course, while you ignore the real problem. And the lutz s that it is the unseasonably warm water in the gulf making this problem with the algae worse to begin with. It also just happened to make this Hurricane a lot worse.

but go ahead professor lakebum.

It absolutely can help dissipate it and break up

Oct 10, 2018, 4:58 PM

Dead spots, as well as push it offshore. It’s not just the warm water causing the problem, arguably the biggest problem is the fertilizer runoff fueling it. Yes, the warm water makes for a conducive environment. One year of unseasonably warm water doesn’t make a trend though, and I think you’d be able to provide some evidence of increased hurricane frequency and intensity if there were a pattern developing due to global warming like you imply.

Re: It absolutely can help dissipate it and break up

Oct 10, 2018, 5:12 PM

Well I can assure you no one is doing #### to address it in down here, on any level.

That's according to how they felt on any given day.

Oct 10, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to What do Thor and Odin do, though?*** ]

They may be the problem the Gulf Coast is in the middle of right now. Reckon if they sacrificed a virgin this might help?

Oct 10, 2018, 12:49 PM

I thought it was punishment for all the Master Baiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hurricanes tend to hit right-leaning 'bible belt' states

Oct 10, 2018, 3:48 PM

Coincidence?

Not sure how FL is rated in above statement.

Replies: 50
| visibility 926
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic