Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All recruiting services are shaky IMO. Rivals is flawed too
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

All recruiting services are shaky IMO. Rivals is flawed too

Jan 22, 2019, 5:47 PM

although they are probably the best for Clemson players. They were waaaaaay off on their 3* ranking of ETN.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/travis-etienne-11589

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All recruiting services are 100% on target w/their

Jan 23, 2019, 11:01 AM

Primary goal..

Making those dolars...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: All recruiting services are 100% on target w/their

Jan 23, 2019, 11:21 AM

While I agree they are in it to make dollars... rivals in my opinion is by far the most accurate. Every site had ETN as a 3 star and Renfrow a 2*, all the sites missed. However, Rivals had Deshaun a 5* while the others had 4, TLaw #1 overall with espn having fields etc...

Just an opinion but stars absolutely matter to success on the field and Rivals is the most accurate to follow. And yes I understand we have been successful with a few lower rates guys, make no mistake our blue chip ratio is above 50%

Chicken and the egg

Jan 23, 2019, 1:30 PM

Is the kid good cause he had 5 stars or does he have 5 stars cause he's good.

It doesn't take a complicated mathematical equation to say that a 200lb, 6 4 kid who runs a 4.1 40 is good.

Uga more stars than Lucky charms ...and they haven't sniffed success since the gas crisis.

USC is even worse...reggie Bush probably kicked his Heisman in the river.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Chicken and the egg

Jan 23, 2019, 1:34 PM

I wouldn’t call winning the SEC and an OT away from a national title as not sniffing success. If your definition of success is a championship then Clemson has only had 3 successful seasons in its history.

Jan 23, 2019, 2:02 PM

Not sure about your chicken and the egg arguement above but it’s clear team with 5 stars on the whole out perform those that don’t. Yes Georgia isn’t as good of a program as Clemson, but the recruiting blue chip ratio is close. Compare that to teams whose blue chip ratio isn’t close, say a South Carolina, UNC, etc... and the definition of success changes greatly. End of the day, stars matter to be relevant in college football. Great coaching and player development separate great schools and national champions.

Jan 23, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Chicken and the egg ]

Not sure about your chicken and the egg arguement above but it’s clear team with 5 stars on the whole out perform those that don’t. Yes Georgia isn’t as good of a program as Clemson, but the recruiting blue chip ratio is close. Compare that to teams whose blue chip ratio isn’t close, say a South Carolina, UNC, etc... and the definition of success changes greatly. End of the day, stars matter to be relevant in college football. Great coaching and player development separate great schools and national champions.

Ok.. uga is as successful as Washington

Jan 23, 2019, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Chicken and the egg ]

...and Michigan state with much lower rankings and stars

Re: All recruiting services are shaky IMO. Rivals is flawed too

Jan 23, 2019, 11:13 AM

The most disappointing thing about recruiting services is the trend that the prospects that make noise seem to get a boost in the rankings.

That noise can be in the form of willingness to do interviews, controversy, camp performances (the least of the evils), and indecision of commitment among other things.

The prospects' involved in these things are more well-known and have connections to more fan bases and for that reason get more clicks on websites.

Clicks is the primary goal of these services, so bumping these players, while disappointing, does make sense financially.

Re: All recruiting services are shaky IMO. Rivals is flawed too

Jan 23, 2019, 2:42 PM

I don't think there is much hope for consistent accuracy. It is an inexact science for sure.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic