Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This sez Mueller has got Trump on collusion.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 577

This sez Mueller has got Trump on collusion.

Dec 8, 2018, 9:47 AM

We’ll see I guess.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-is-telling-us-hes-got-trump-on-collusion

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This sez Mueller has got Trump on collusion.

Dec 8, 2018, 10:07 AM

Synergy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Collusion isn't a crime.

Dec 8, 2018, 10:28 AM

What's the crime?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Collusion isn't a crime.

Dec 8, 2018, 10:46 AM

I remember detective Hannity saying this. Too bad conspiracy and helping a foreign adversary to defraud an election is a crime.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When do I get to see the evidence for that?***

Dec 8, 2018, 12:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you take the blindfold off.***

Dec 8, 2018, 2:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess Mueller has on that same blindfold, because

Dec 8, 2018, 4:01 PM

apparently he hasn't seen it yet, either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He has put together a pretty impressive case so far and so

Dec 8, 2018, 5:20 PM

much of what he knows is not even public. The SCO went quiet in mid August, but they didn't stop working. So much has happened in the Mueller probe since the massive blue wave election that it's hard to keep up with all that is now public. Suffice it to say, things don't look good for The Trump Crime Family and Jared Kushner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Impressive case against who? Certainly not against Trump.

Dec 8, 2018, 5:57 PM

If so, there would be an indictment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Impressive case against who? Certainly not against Trump.

Dec 8, 2018, 6:13 PM

He can't be indicted as POTUS supposedly. I think impeachment will be the only option if they have something.

OK. I would encourage you to read what has been publicly

Dec 8, 2018, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Impressive case against who? Certainly not against Trump. ]

revealed in the last 4 weeks, especially this week. If you do, you will see the case being built. There is still much more to go, but there is so much lying going on that it slows the process down. But, to be honest, if you don't see the writing on the wall, you just aren't really paying attention.

Personally, I want to see Trump stay in office the next two years so that the taint of his Presidency will be harder to remove from the Republican Party and leave an accurate impression upon the voters.

Re: OK. I would encourage you to read what has been publicly

Dec 8, 2018, 6:40 PM

He can't be indicted though. Right?

Why not?***

Dec 8, 2018, 6:41 PM

Re: Why not?***

Dec 8, 2018, 6:45 PM

Because according to just about every attorney, a sitting president an not be indicted while in office. There is a consensus on that. he needs to be impeached.

Re: Why not?***

Dec 8, 2018, 6:48 PM [ in reply to Why not?*** ]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/05/22/can-the-president-be-indicted-or-subpoenaed/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c9c576966545

Should say here, but I didn't read it. I have something on the grill so I am being slack.

No. It is not agreed upon by legal scholars. It is a

Dec 8, 2018, 6:59 PM

Justice Department rule. Not a law. The idea that a sitting president could shoot a man in the face and not be indicted for it, that he is above the law, is ludicrous. The Supreme Court has said as much.

Justice Department Rules are to be followed in the course of "normal" events. When things are so far outside "the norm" the rules do not necessarily apply.

I don't know what is going to happen, but my hope is that Trump stays in office for the remainder of his term as a reminder to the voters.

Re: No. It is not agreed upon by legal scholars. It is a

Dec 8, 2018, 7:15 PM

Now read this one from the NY Times.

]https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/29/us/politics/a-constitutional-puzzle-can-the-president-be-indicted.html

The Constitution seems clear. No man is above the law.

Dec 8, 2018, 7:27 PM

All legal remedies are available. Impeachment is simply a tool for Congress to remove a sitting president.

Re: The Constitution seems clear. No man is above the law.

Dec 8, 2018, 7:31 PM

Yeah but if he was shady enough it would be nice to see him indicted if called for. Impeachment works, but a little time behind bars, if deserved, would be fitting, considering what he was always saying and tweeted about locking people up.

All legal remedies are available.***

Dec 8, 2018, 8:22 PM

As I understand it, the purpose of a special prosecutor is

Dec 8, 2018, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: OK. I would encourage you to read what has been publicly ]

to, after investigating, either indict, or not indict. That's it.

- H. L. Mencken

He has indicted quite a few people. He will also prepare a

Dec 8, 2018, 7:02 PM

report detailing the results of the investigation that will be turned over to Congress and made public. Assuming Trump doesn't further obstruct justice.

Re: He has indicted quite a few people. He will also prepare a

Dec 8, 2018, 7:46 PM

How has Trump obstructed justice?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has indicted quite a few people. He will also prepare a

Dec 8, 2018, 7:54 PM

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=S2cMXL3pApLj_Aahv5eQCQ&q=how+is+trump+obstructing+justice%3F&btnK=Google+Search&oq=how+is+trump+obstructing+justice%3F&gs_l=psy-ab.3...2018.13929..14226...0.0..0.297.3613.20j11j3......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0j35i39j0i131j0i67j0i20i263j0i22i30._tR1e91ylQo

The question was whether or not he could indict Trump.***

Dec 9, 2018, 1:36 AM [ in reply to He has indicted quite a few people. He will also prepare a ]

- H. L. Mencken

You COULD be right, of course, but I think you're getting

Dec 8, 2018, 6:42 PM [ in reply to OK. I would encourage you to read what has been publicly ]

all worked up for a big let down. IF, that is, you are expecting Trump to be charged with collusion, or anything criminal by Mueller's investigation, based on anything we know so far (not speculating as to what we have not yet seen).

- H. L. Mencken

I'm not "all worked up." I am simply following the story.

Dec 8, 2018, 6:54 PM

Reading the information as it is made available. Optomistic that the rule of law will prevail. This is unprecedented in our nation's history. We've never had a president with such blatant disregard for the rule of law and institutional and Constitutional norms who surrounds himself with people of such low character and morals.

You obviously, like so many others who voted for Trump, are not really paying attention to the story as it unfolds. Everybody knew what a crook Trump was before the election. How little regard he has for what is moral or ethical or legal. Even you. This is nothing new. This was expected. Even by you. You just hope he can get away with it.

It doesn't appear he will.

Re: I'm not "all worked up." I am simply following the story.

Dec 8, 2018, 7:48 PM

You don't comprehend what you read very well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's all you got?***

Dec 8, 2018, 8:23 PM

I believe the rule of law will prevail. So far, nothing upon

Dec 9, 2018, 1:54 AM [ in reply to I'm not "all worked up." I am simply following the story. ]

which to charge Trump with collusion or obstruction. Nothing. That is not to say something else will not emerge, or that there are things we don't know about that may be sufficient to warrant charges. All you are doing at this point, however, is speculating and wishfully trying to connect dots. I don't think anybody belives Trump is a saint, but he can't and won't be charged for that.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: He has put together a pretty impressive case so far and so

Dec 8, 2018, 7:42 PM [ in reply to He has put together a pretty impressive case so far and so ]

You have an odd interpretation of events.

LOL.***

Dec 8, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Collusion isn't a crime. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Collusion isn't a crime. ]

Conspiring with a foreign government to effect a federal election is a crime.

Accepting campaign 'in-kind' contributions from a foreign govt. is a crime.

When you guys realize you can hate on Dems and Libs without supporting Trump, Orange Jesus is going
to be just a sad chapter in our history.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Accusing someone of a crime isn't evidence.

Dec 8, 2018, 2:23 PM

You need to calm down about hate, Orange Jesus and all that crap Felix. You're way too emotion to discuss something with any level of reason.

What does a prosecutor usually gather before accusing

Dec 8, 2018, 3:02 PM

someone of a crime?

in todays world

Dec 8, 2018, 3:17 PM

political advantage

Re: in todays world

Dec 8, 2018, 3:20 PM

Mueller is a Repub. What advantage?

Re: in todays world

Dec 8, 2018, 3:25 PM

Just making a blanket statement that political advantage is everything. No dog in this fight.

Republican are suddenly ignorant of the investigative

Dec 8, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to What does a prosecutor usually gather before accusing ]

process. They have the mistaken impression that the FBI and other law enforcement organizations like to telegraph their every move and publicize their every thought. They think that criminals and suspects have to be told the truth by law enforcement at all times and kept appraised of all leads and progress in the case. Public filings by the SCO are not informational but fake news that is to be ignored.

Weird.

Dec 8, 2018, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Collusion isn't a crime. ]

You've described Hillary's actions with the Steele dossier to a tee. Do you realize this?

I see how you got your name.***

Dec 8, 2018, 8:27 PM

Been there. Done that.

Dec 8, 2018, 10:30 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/icreport/srprintable.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOLLERS. Yea, that’s the same.***

Dec 8, 2018, 11:49 AM

He's not going to have what you're hoping for

Dec 8, 2018, 11:51 AM

Neither did Starr.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet it doesn't.

Dec 8, 2018, 3:52 PM

If by "got", you mean ultimitely indicts. I think he will issue a "report", full of implication regarding Trump (which is meaningless), but no actual charges.

- H. L. Mencken

I’m not sure what to think. I will say that media

Dec 8, 2018, 6:33 PM

guesswork is usually wrong.

Re: I’m not sure what to think. I will say that media

Dec 8, 2018, 6:44 PM

lock them up...lock them up...lock them up...lol

Concrete doesn’t sell on either side

Dec 8, 2018, 7:00 PM [ in reply to I bet it doesn't. ]

The report will be vague with lots of smoke and mirrors. Lots of ammo for political ads. No substance

Re: This sez Mueller has got Trump on collusion.

Dec 8, 2018, 7:37 PM

The authors make a lot of assumptions. Anticipating WikiLeaks releases is not evidence of collusion. No one knows Assanges sources to this day. Even if it was Russians it's still not a crime to use a public release of information against another candidate.
It will be seen in the end that Flynn's statements only help the part of Mueller's mandate that refers to other crimes or evidence involving Russia n interference, not collusion with Trump.
Mark my words, Trump will come out smelling like a rose.

Replies: 48
| visibility 577
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic