Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All QB's ranked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

All QB's ranked

Aug 13, 2019, 1:47 PM

https://www.pff.com/news/college-pff-rankings-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is pretty off topic, but i saw Kellen Mond's name on

Aug 13, 2019, 2:03 PM

there which made me think of this...

I rewatched the A&M game last night on YouTube and i still can't believe the kind of horse sh*t he got away with against us in that game. At least half of his completions were him running around like a mad man and then just blindly tossing the ball up for grabs and somehow nearly all of them went for completions. He had one deflected at the LOS that redirected straight to another TE/WR for a 1st down. Their last TD was in Wallace's hands but he couldn't hold on and the ball caromed off him right into Rodger's arms for a TD. There was another throw he just tossed up into triple or quadruple coverage.. it was unbelievable.

Re: This is pretty off topic, but i saw Kellen Mond's name on

Aug 13, 2019, 2:20 PM

Difficult to maintain coverage when the QB is scrambling around. He certainly was good at finding someone open on several occasions. I expect that Mr Venebles learned something from that game that will benefit the Tigers. Mond will not be easy. Nor will the Tiger D!

He wasn't one of those guys that escapes the pocket

Aug 13, 2019, 2:52 PM

and rolls out to throw though. He was running around in circles deep in the pocket and often turning his back on the WRs before eventually chucking it up in the air. It actually reminded me a bit of Manziel but Manziel somehow managed to play in control while always looking out of control. Mond just looked out of control and, by and right, should've thrown a couple of INTs, but he consistently got away with it.

I'm not saying he's bad, but i can't believe how much he got away with in that game.

Re: He wasn't one of those guys that escapes the pocket

Aug 13, 2019, 3:25 PM

You're leaving out the fact that their OL was blatantly holding all night and not getting it called, made a HUGE difference in how much time he had to throw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like complaining about holding and non-holding

Aug 14, 2019, 8:37 AM

Every fan base complains about this after every game. A&M probably had threads about how our OL was holding. I'm sure a few of the gripes are legit, but for the most part i just ignore all of the clamor because these no-calls generally cancel each other out. As biased fans we typically just notice the things that we believe the other team is getting away with while ignoring what our own players are getting away with.

Re: I don't like complaining about holding and non-holding

Aug 14, 2019, 9:24 AM

How insulting . Clemson men do not endeavor to dally with the rules of engagement during our football matches !

I'll say good day to you sir , as you are profoundly mistaken .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 13, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to This is pretty off topic, but i saw Kellen Mond's name on ]

I don't need to re-watch that game. Those throws... and especially the catches are burned in my mind.

I think I know a little bit was Alabama felt like early January this past year. TL's throws were better than Mond's... but some of the catches on 3rd and long our receivers were making against 'Bama were as crazy as those of the A&M receivers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to This is pretty off topic, but i saw Kellen Mond's name on ]

I remember The Tiger Dline being horse collard and tackled quite a bit that night. Nary a flag in sight.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

50/50...

Aug 14, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to This is pretty off topic, but i saw Kellen Mond's name on ]

It's a strajedy! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 12:56 PM [ in reply to This is pretty off topic, but i saw Kellen Mond's name on ]

Tiny Russell Wilson has made millions working that strategy so it seems to work out for some.

Re: All QB's ranked

Aug 13, 2019, 2:07 PM

The good news is...... Chase Brice would have made this list easily. Probably a top twenty five.

Probably 35-40 range due to the limited sample size

Aug 13, 2019, 2:55 PM

but his upside might be higher than that.

Aug 13, 2019, 2:18 PM

Can't be right...Bent Jakely is about to set all time records at U5C, and they think he's only the 33rd best in the country?

Aug 13, 2019, 3:08 PM

Wait, jake the fake is 33rd but has yet to beat a ranked team that finishes the season with 10 wins.

Brice has beaten 'Cuse

Aug 14, 2019, 10:50 AM

Running the ball beat Cuse. That was a clutch 3rd down throw but Brice was not playing great before then. Not knocking him just think some people make him out to be so great and we do not know how good he is yet.

Aug 14, 2019, 10:50 AM

4th down throw*****

Aug 14, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: All QB's ranked ]

Making those clutch throws when you have to shows you the potential that he has. I’ve watched him pretty closely and can find little fault with his overall play. In the scrimmage that I watched Saturday, Chase was very impressive. Hopefully he will be thrust into action as he was in the Syracuse game but he can get the job done. He is far better than that kid who ended up at Missouri. imo

Aug 14, 2019, 12:03 PM

Not

Aug 14, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: All QB's ranked ]

One clutch throw doesn't make you good or not. He was very inconsistent in the Cuse game to start of which is expected ofcourse. I'm not saying the kid is not good or won't be good but he has 5 TDs and 3 INTs and has only played about a game or game and a half worth of downs so we don't know. Sadly we may never know unless he transfers.

Hunter Johnson will certainly outperform his #48 ranking

Aug 14, 2019, 9:48 AM

at Northwestern. Hide and watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still do not get the Justin Fields stuff.

Aug 14, 2019, 9:57 PM

He is still in tight competition with the other QBs at OSU. How can they say he is like the 9th best (dont remember if this is the exact number)?

Aug 14, 2019, 11:31 AM

118. New Mexico State?

Bama fans should tear down the goal posts now for that one and the game is a little over 3 weeks away.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 1:50 PM

No amount of butt-hurt here, trust me, but me personally - if I were going to say "and he’s set up with the nation’s best receiving corps this season" I may have added "arguably" in there. They got some dudes, no doubt. But I wouldn't say they are far & away superior to all of the WR corps out there. Namely one close by that comes to my mind.

Aug 14, 2019, 1:50 PM

Oops accidentally deleted my own reference to #2 Tua on that reply - sorry.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic