Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So this guy who is a Coot grad will now be scheduling for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,915

So this guy who is a Coot grad will now be scheduling for

Jan 18, 2013, 9:33 AM

ACC? He was just announced as hired 2 days ago. Gotta wonder how that will work out for the Tigers?

http://www.theacc.com/genrel/011613aab.html

This conference has built in bias and now this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Atleast

Jan 18, 2013, 9:36 AM

We play the del before scar this year thats locked in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't we set the dates for the OOC games?***

Jan 18, 2013, 9:52 AM

Re: So this guy who is a Coot grad will now be scheduling for

Jan 18, 2013, 9:38 AM

I'm more concerned about a report in USA Today that the coots (from their association with the SEC) look to make $34 million annually from renegotiated TV deals with CBS and ESPN, from a SEC Network and post-season games.

Re: So this guy who is a Coot grad will now be scheduling for

Jan 18, 2013, 11:10 AM

Don't let the flashy numbers fool you. I outlined this in another thread but the ACC teams stand to make about 30 million under the new BCS system with their current TV contract.

The new BCS contract is really leveling the playing field for the top 5 conferences. Also of note this year the teams from each conference brought in:

Big 12: 26.2 mill (10 teams so larger pie)

B1G: 25.8 mill (largest TV contract currently)

Pac 12: 25.3 mill

ACC: 24.4 mill

SEC: 19.3 mill (still have not signed new contract est. 24 mill)

null

All I read was a USA Today article showing SEC struck gold.

Jan 18, 2013, 1:50 PM

I'd feel better if I could read a similar article on the ACC. Do you have a link?

What the USA Today article states is that:

SEC schools will each get $25 million annually over a 15-year period. ( ACC schools will each get only $17 million annually during the period of the most recent deal signed). Both TV deals will pay more towards the end of the contracts, than in the beginning. But over time, SEC schools will each get $8 million more per year than ACC schools.

ESPN is falling all over themselves to run the SEC Network adding another $1.5 million annually to each team. They are making the SEC their top priority regarding conference networks.

Then there's the post-season money. They are plugging in another $7.1 million for that. 25 + 1.5 + 7.1 = $33.6 million per SEC school annually. Each conferece gets $6 million for each team they will place in the 4-team playoff. You know the SEC will normally get 2 teams in. The ACC will be fortunate in most years to get just one team in the 4-team playoff. Based on this past season, the SEC would have gotten in 2 teams, while the ACC would have been shut out. That extra team in the playoff would give each SEC team an extra $400,000. That would give each SEC team $34 million dollars for the year.

It doesn't help matters that the SEC has historically gotten the more lucrative bowls. Look at how the Orange Bowl (pitting an ACC team against "To Be Determined") is paying out. They are paying out $55 million. The Sugar Bowl (pitting a SEC team against a Big 12 team) is paying out $80 million. And to pour salt on the wound, if the Orange picks a SEC team to oppose the ACC team, the SEC conference will get another $27.5 million. The ACC has no opportunity to get into the Sugar nor Rose Bowls because those slots are locked in for the SEC, Big 12, Pac and the Big 10.

We are screwed.

Dnag straight. Swofford should know to not hire anybody

Jan 18, 2013, 9:45 AM

from an ACC rival's school, especially one as heated as Clemson-USuC.

Nobody from USuC, UGA, UF or WV.

And he should not allow any ACC grad to set schedules either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

sense

Jan 18, 2013, 10:19 AM

I can see the others but WV? The bowl game is long past...for get them. They are not the enemy....right 80 ?

Look on the bright side...

Jan 18, 2013, 11:24 AM

now our scheduling has $EC speed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,915
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic