Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU is obviously deserving of #1 so far.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

LSU is obviously deserving of #1 so far.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:51 AM

As long as we are top 4, I've got no problem. Bama, LSU, Ohio State, Penn State and Clemson all have clear paths to the playoffs. Win and you're in. No team with a loss has any right to complain, no power 5 undefeated team (including Minnesota) will be held out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We might be on track to be the most dangerous 3 seed in

Oct 28, 2019, 9:54 AM

the (admittedly short) history of the CFP.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU is obviously deserving of #1 so far.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:58 AM

I agree. 4 is the same as 1 right now.

Except we would get to wear our business suits

Oct 28, 2019, 10:08 AM

love the all whites!

Re: Except we would get to wear our business suits

Oct 28, 2019, 10:21 AM

We tend to win when in white so....

I thought we wore orange pants in championship games,

Oct 28, 2019, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Except we would get to wear our business suits ]

even if we have to wear white jerseys, no?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought we wore orange pants in championship games,

Oct 28, 2019, 9:24 PM

First playoff game would not be a championship game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought we wore orange pants in championship games,

Oct 28, 2019, 9:46 PM

Yes it will be. It is whatever bowl game it is. We will wear orange britches for sure.

Not sure I agree but I can see why AP has them there

Oct 28, 2019, 10:06 AM

Let's assume for a second that we get "chalk" based on the current AP, and after conference championships, we are left with the following:

Undefeated LSU (IN)
Undefeated tOSU (IN)
Undefeated Clemson (IN)

1-loss PAC champ Oregon
1-loss B12 champ Oklahoma
1-loss SEC West runner-up Bama
1-loss B1G East runner-up Penn State

Who gets in? I can't see putting a 1-loss team who did not even win their division in over TWO one-loss conference champs. Particularly when Oregon's loss would be to then #16 and current #12 Auburn. I say Oregon gets the nod.

And if the committee goes full Coot and does leave out both conference champs, who gets the nod? I say PSU over Bama. I think the B1G is the stronger conference this year, and that PSU will definitely have the better resume of the two.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure I agree but I can see why AP has them there

Oct 28, 2019, 10:26 AM

of those options, I see -

Undefeated LSU/BAMA winner (IN)
Undefeated tOSU (IN)
Undefeated Clemson (IN)
1-loss PAC champ Oregon

Here is a crazier option... What happens if Minnesota wins the B10 against PedState.

To me, this is the craziest scenario as the 1 loss 31-0SU and any SEC 1 loss, and OU one loss would all have a case.

Oct 28, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Not sure I agree but I can see why AP has them there ]

bama can't be a 1 loss runner up if lsu is undefeated.
psu can't be a 1 loss runner up if osu is undefeated.

They would be 1 loss without a championship.

The 4th would be Oklahoma instead of Oregon because the ducks lost to a carpy Auburn team

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?

Oct 28, 2019, 1:08 PM

If LSU beats BAMA, and that is BAMA's only loss, who is the SEC West runner-up? Same question for B1G East.

Better losing to Auburn than K-State***

Oct 28, 2019, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sure I agree but I can see why AP has them there ]

Clemson

Oct 29, 2019, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Not sure I agree but I can see why AP has them there ]

If Bama is only 1-loss they would get in over Oregon. Oregon would have lost to Auburn but Bama would have beaten them. That is part of the CFP criteria - results from same opponents. Penn St would only get the nod if their overall resume trumps Bama. But they could always use ye olde eye test criteria which is open to debate and hard to quantify.

If LSU deserves #1, then Bama doesn't have a clear path to

Oct 28, 2019, 1:12 PM

the playoffs, just an ESPN path.

If they win out.***

Oct 28, 2019, 9:13 PM

My unbiased rankings and how i think the comitte would rank

Oct 28, 2019, 1:17 PM

right now.

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Alabama

Solely based on eye test:

1. OSU/Clemson
3. LSU
4. Bama

I think that Clemson and Ohio state are pretty much 1a/1b right now based on the eye test but LSU has the edge with resume. Alabama's stats and resume don't back up earning the top spot.

Looking down the road, I think that Clemson will be the only undefeated team left at season's end and enter the playoffs as the 1 seed, and be the first team to win the playoffs as the 1 seed.

All I keep hoping for is that we are in &

Oct 28, 2019, 1:21 PM

and we are underestimated. Perfect scenario.

No interest in being #1 until after the final game.

Oct 28, 2019, 1:38 PM

Why does LSU deserve to be #1?

Texas has fallen off the map. Florida is vastly overrated. Auburn beat Oregon but nobody really knows how good they are.

The committee does not take into account the biased and severely flawed AP and coaches polls which are clearly skewed to drive up ratings for SEC games.

There's really no other reason that all those SEC teams should be ranked higher than teams from other conferences with the same record.

Oct 28, 2019, 2:12 PM

I agree in principle but Auburn is a better win than any other top 5 team has plus a decent but not elite Florida. Dont rank the Texas win as good as A&M win right now. OSU best win is a vastly over rated Wisconsin. PSU best win Mich St?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 9:00 AM

Auburn got curb stomped by Florida...too many Florida injured vs. LSU and the ones there did not play well...LSU barely beat Auburn and did not look too good doing it...just a thought but I believe that Bama will whip LSU...Bama is in their heads...Auburn may beat Bama but not LSU...D for the fake tigers at the almost Death Valley is kinda weak...Auburn has no QB and they still almost won the game...Bo Nix must have been a BAMA plant!

Because they have a better resume than all the other teams.

Oct 28, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU is obviously deserving of #1 so far. ]

Better than Bama's. Better than ours. Better than OSU's.

That simple.

Oct 28, 2019, 2:16 PM

I have:

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Alabama

I give the nod to Ohio State because they have the best all around team right now and have the win over Wisconsin. LSU probably has the tougher schedule, but they aren't as good on Defense as Ohio State. Won't matter... if LSU beats Alabama then they probably end up as #1.

Clemson and Alabama are pretty much a wash right now if Tua were healthy. I think Clemson has the most upside, but lets be real... BC was a pushover. Our defense proved to be STOUT with the way they shut down the BC running game, but its not like the Offense had to try hard. Sort of like last year... I think Clemson is hitting its stride as designed and Alabama is trying to figure out how to move forward with a hurt TUA.

Honestly, I really don't care. None of this matters. Only the first CFP poll has any relevance and the final one is the only one that counts. The CFP has always thought well of Clemson, so I have no reason to believe that Clemson gets left out if they win out.

There is still a ton of football left in the season and Clemson isn't entitled to winning out. NC State is a team with a history of playing out of their league for one game a year and being a spoiler for a top ACC team. Lose to Wake and you may not even get to play for the ACC Championship.

Worry about what you can control.
Win!
Prosper!

I don't understand how people still give validity to the eye

Oct 29, 2019, 8:06 AM

test.

The only thing we can go by is wins and losses. LSU has better wins. Looking good against unranked teams should never mean more than an any type of W against ranked teams.

For me it's 90% resume. 10% eye test.

Re: I don't understand how people still give validity to the eye

Oct 29, 2019, 10:34 AM

I really don’t care about ratings in games because they are in opinions most of the time. If a team looks good or bad and wins, chances are they are pretty good. Teams can look good in losing to a good team, but over the season good teams win more games. All conferences have good and bad teams... some have really bad teams at the bottom. The ACC is pretty competitive for the most part. Half the teams win every week, so the other half don’t win. That’s a Fact. OOC games matter, especially you you play a perceived good team. After the season is when you really know who the good teams are. Until then, it’s just opinions. As long as we win, we will be in.

Oct 29, 2019, 10:43 AM

1st CFP Rankings:
1) LSU
2) Clemson
3) tOSU
4) Bama

5) Penn St
6) Oklahoma
7) Oregon
8) Florida

NR) South Carolina

Strength of schedule is just ONE factor. They pick who looks like the best team. Conference affiliation be ######. Heard it here folks!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic