Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alexander
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Alexander

Jan 13, 2016, 2:21 PM

I'm not sure why everyone is saying he is a sure fire 1st rounder. Spoke with a source very close to the team and the source said that macks draft grade came back really bad. I personally think he needs another year to work on tackling and run support but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alexander

Jan 13, 2016, 2:23 PM

Dodd and Green need another year too. I don't know how these guys don't see what has happened to so many others in their exact same situation and it not be a good outcome. This is for the majority.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 2:25 PM

I agree with most. However Dodd played really well against the best o lineman. Finished 2nd in the country in tfl. Blanks won't get drafted I feel. And I'm almost thinking the same for Green. I want what's best for them and not sure where they are getting the advise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Alexander ]

I agree, but there are underlying circumstances sometimes. I'm not naming anyone in particular but sometimes the families need the money.

Walter Football has Alexander early 2nd round***

Jan 13, 2016, 2:27 PM

Can't believe he won't go in the 1st round---but imo,

Jan 13, 2016, 3:09 PM

he'd be a steal in the 2nd.
Good luck to all our Tigers, whether they stay or go.
Go Tigers!!

Jan 13, 2016, 2:27 PM

I think Alexander has already mentally moved to the next level. In watching all of the pre-Orange Bowl interviews, pictures of practice etc, he seems extremely focused and businesslike. I am sure he will do extremely well in the NFL because of that businesslike mindset. Not sure he ever really planned on staying and graduating, he's got a plan and I don't think he will be sidetracked. He's a highly committed young man! Good for him, nothing but the best!

Jan 13, 2016, 2:30 PM

The draft grade is what matters. Websites are pure speculation and from what I've heard his grade was bad enough that he was visibly upset enough in the bowl practices that dabo had a meeting with him about it.

He's said multiple times getting his degree was the most

Jan 13, 2016, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Alexander ]

Important thing to him because of a promise he made. He has always talked as if he planned on staying. Mac has been "focused and businesslike" the entire time he's been here. That's just who he is and it hasn't changed at all. I don't understand how anyone could think its a new attitude coming from a guy that refused to do interviews his first 2 seasons until he did something he felt was worthy of talking about or worthy of an interview. I don't know what it is but a lot of people seem to think Mackensie Alexander is a player who only cares about the NFL and it couldn't be farther from the truth.

There are also family situations to consider

Jan 13, 2016, 2:28 PM

A lot of these guys feel like they need to go to support their families. I never had that burden as a college kid, so I can't really say I have an opinion on that either way.

Jan 13, 2016, 2:29 PM

Wanna do a friendly bet that MAC will go 1st round ?

Probably because he doesn't play the ball***

Jan 13, 2016, 2:33 PM

Re: Probably because he doesn't play the ball***

Jan 13, 2016, 2:40 PM

I'm telling you, Mac is really good, but he's not as good as he's made out to be. He benefited tremendously from his reputation as a "shut down" corner and nobody throwing at him. Had more balls been thrown, he would have had a few weaknesses exposed.... He's been great and I hope he comes back and works on those weaknesses

Jan 13, 2016, 2:45 PM

He plays the ball as well as anyone else in college but he does not go for the int. when it is close, he plays it safe and knocks it away. 2nd most important player on the team, our D fell apart without him. The 2 players we could not replace were Mack and DW. He allows the rest of the D to play aggressive. I'd rather have him back than both the S.

Jan 13, 2016, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Probably because he doesn't play the ball*** ]

"He benefited tremendously from his reputation as a "shut down" corner and nobody throwing at him. Had more balls been thrown, he would have had a few weaknesses exposed"

Haha you seriously don't believe this BS do you ? D1 college coaches went off of reputation and not film study ?

He has pretty much planned on being here three years from the start.

Jan 13, 2016, 2:36 PM

I have heard that both of his parents are unemployed and Mackenzie sends part of his stipend to them. He will be able to help them a lot, even if he slips to the third or fourth round (I don't expect that to be the case though).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: He has pretty much planned on being here three years from the start.

Jan 13, 2016, 2:47 PM

I would love to see him back next year, but if he chooses to go pro, he can always finish that degree later if he chooses. Would never hold it against a guy going pro and making a life-changing decision that's best for him and his family.

Jan 13, 2016, 3:04 PM

What have you and the "scouts" been watching? Mack is a phenomenal tackler, and plays the run very well...

A draft scout on twitter

Jan 13, 2016, 3:15 PM

@nfldraftscout has Mackensie as a top 15 pick and possibly the best pure cover corner, over VH3 from Florida. He made the right decision. He's a sure first rounder and his family needs money - he gave them his stipend money.

Was your source the waterboy? 2nd round at worst.**

Jan 14, 2016, 2:24 AM

nm

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic