Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Albany, NY - what you got folks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 279

Albany, NY - what you got folks

Apr 29, 2019, 7:57 AM

anyone flown into Albany or had to spend any time or lived there? I have to be there in 3 weeks for a week and trying to determine if I want to stay there the whole week.

I have a chance to stay in NYNY, but I just really do not enjoy that city as it is such a pain in the rump to get in and out of the city.

Buffalo is meh, along with Syracuse. Thinking Albany would be a good middle to the road option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flew in there a couple of years ago to spend some time

Apr 29, 2019, 8:02 AM

with relatives in the Saratoga area.

Nice smallish airport, iirc - kinda like Greenville.

Not spending time in Albany, I got no help for you, but the Schenectady area is depressed. Lots of older houses that were at one time beautiful I am sure - now in a state of disrepair and ruin.

Beautiful country with clean lakes and nice people - glad my parents moved south many years ago though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could always go to Middleton

Apr 29, 2019, 8:31 AM

and bring us all back a T-shirt from http://www.clemsonbrewing.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: You could always go to Middleton

Apr 29, 2019, 9:05 AM

I am actually going to that town. Oh man!! This is shaping up nicely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring back some glassware for all us’s

Apr 29, 2019, 9:28 AM

????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pro tip for tigermanac

Apr 29, 2019, 8:58 AM

Stay in Hoboken (cool place now). Ride ferry over to Manhattan when you want to. Hassle free!

i was a teenager the one time/one day I spent in albany

Apr 29, 2019, 9:05 AM

We were in the catskills for a week, and decided to take a ride up there...all I remember (and granted, this was ~25 years ago) is that there were exactly ZERO reasons to ever go back.

I went there once on business. It snowed. I left.

Apr 29, 2019, 9:33 AM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Albany is the pits.

Apr 29, 2019, 9:56 AM

If you have time - stay in Saratoga.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disagree and Agree

Apr 29, 2019, 10:53 AM

Mrs. Maddog is from Albany - so I've spent a lot of time there. Apart from the winters (which suck) there is still really good restaurants downtown and micro pubs are showing up all over the place. Aside from being the state capital it is still a blue collar-ish city. But, you are right. Saratoga is fantastic. Especially during the races. Well worth the trip.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 279
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic