Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama's Kryptonite - Hunter Renfrow (Sporting News)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 4,234

Alabama's Kryptonite - Hunter Renfrow (Sporting News)

Jan 16, 2017, 6:38 PM

Sporting News

Hunter Renfrow wasn't exactly a household name heading into Monday night's national championship game, but people surely will remember him after it. The 5-11, 180-pound former walk-on receiver finished with a career high in receptions (10), his second-best career yardage performance (92) and tied his high for touchdowns (two).

He also caught the winning score, played every offensive snap and made a crucial tackle that saved a touchdown. Bama should have seen this coming as he starred in last year's national championship game, finishing with seven receptions for 88 yards and two touchdowns.

Despite his previous success against the Tide, he still didn't entirely earn the respect of their defense.

"Every time he makes a play, I just go like, 'white guy.' I guess he's got some serious talent," Alabama defensive back Marlon Humphrey said, via CBS Sports. "I'm not sure [how he got open so much]."

Sports fans are used to hearing undersized, white receivers labeled as having deceptive speed, as hardworking with tons of grit and so on and so on. The tired narrative just fuels the stereotype, and it's disrespectful to the athlete.

The phrase "white guy" isn't disrespectful, no matter how much Bo Bice cries about it, but assuming that someone isn't a good player just because of how he looks is. He's on this team for a reason, and he appears to be Alabama's Kryptonite as two of his best games have come against the Tide.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/hunter-renfrow-white-guy-clemson-vs-alabama-national-championship-stats-marlon-humphrey/gieddldz9ktj16rarceawk66r

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Raccist!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 16, 2017, 6:53 PM

Just call him Bama's daddy!

Or the Pachyderm Pounder!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Raccist!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 16, 2017, 7:04 PM

Elephant killer!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama's Kryptonite - Hunter Renfrow (Sporting News)

Jan 16, 2017, 7:01 PM

Marlon Humphrey Is an idiot
If a white man said, every time I see him make a play I just go, black guy. The comment would blow up the internet. He is just embarrassed that a short, undersized "white guy" schooled him and his precious Bama team.

Disrespectful? Seriously?

Jan 16, 2017, 7:06 PM

What a hideous double standard. It's pretty clear where the REAL racism lies in 2017 America. The writer of this article is a gutless ninny with microscopic gonads for not calling this racist loser out for that comment.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BIG GAME "HUNTER" KNOWS HOW TO TAKE DOWN AN ELEPHANT!***

Jan 16, 2017, 7:22 PM

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Re: BIG GAME "HUNTER" KNOWS HOW TO TAKE DOWN AN ELEPHANT!***

Jan 16, 2017, 10:08 PM

Lol, this post deserves a few points!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BIG GAME "HUNTER" KNOWS HOW TO TAKE DOWN AN ELEPHANT!***

Jan 17, 2017, 12:03 AM [ in reply to BIG GAME "HUNTER" KNOWS HOW TO TAKE DOWN AN ELEPHANT!*** ]

Need someone to photoshop Renfrow on one knee with a rifle in front of a dead elephant.

Renfrow has gotten so far into Alabama's head

Jan 16, 2017, 7:26 PM

that he has set up lodging! He owns them! I don't care what excuses or comments the Lama players make.

Re: Alabama's Kryptonite - Hunter Renfrow (Sporting News)

Jan 16, 2017, 7:30 PM

White Chocolate per his teamates

This is the same guy that was in trouble over racism previously.

Jan 16, 2017, 7:31 PM

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/4506938-marlon-humphrey-ole-miss-racist-twitter-kkk-apology

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is this tolerated???

Jan 16, 2017, 8:13 PM

This isn't a made up lie (a la the weakling coots grasping for excuses after a 56-7 beat down); these are MEDIA QUOTES. This guy should be kicked off the team for these repeated public expressions of overt racism. Would ANY white player ANYWHERE be able to get away with this pattern of hate speech?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might be a trend with Alabama... Chad Kelly lit them up too

Jan 16, 2017, 8:12 PM

seems ole Nick Saban is recruiting players with serious "white men can't jump" attitudes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

(Sporting News) owes me credit!

Jan 16, 2017, 8:14 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=20847411

$10,000 will do!

35-31***

Jan 16, 2017, 8:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hunter might be the best receiver on the team

Jan 16, 2017, 10:00 PM

Not the tallest or biggest but as far as route running precision, smarts, reliability and clutchness. Who's better? Maybe Artavis? I've seen Mike, Deon, ray ray drop balls but I've only seen Hunter drop one. And I found out later that it was bc he had a broken hand. The man produces.

Sports media should admit that Bama is human.***

Jan 16, 2017, 10:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol the SEC just keeps digging deeper and deeper...

Jan 17, 2017, 1:32 AM

battle trenches, and Dabo shows up with an air force.

Replies: 17
| visibility 4,234
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic