Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been watching A LOT OF FILM, and BAMA just aint that good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Been watching A LOT OF FILM, and BAMA just aint that good

Jan 10, 2016, 1:39 AM

I hate to ruin ESPN's suckfest. But I've reviewed the film myself. Not that impressive, actually.

40-24 Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been watching A LOT OF FILM, and BAMA just aint that good

Jan 10, 2016, 1:52 AM

Let's not get hasty here.

They are very good defensively and have put some things together on offense. They have that intimidation factor that they have going for them. I think our guys see right through it.

From what I have seen...

The interior OL is going to be HUGE simply because all that there ends do is rush up the field in an attempt to make the QB step into a closing pocket. If we spread them out, that will open up some running lanes for Watson and Wayne.

Their LBs are as good as I have seen. Not going to lie. Fast, shed blocks, and are fundamentally sound tacklers. I'm confident in our skill players though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Been watching A LOT OF FILM, and BAMA just aint that good

Jan 10, 2016, 1:53 AM

Bama sux bro

Yeah but the decent offenses they have faced have made them look average at best.

Jan 10, 2016, 1:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Been watching A LOT OF FILM, and BAMA just aint that good ]

Ole Miss beat them. Tennessee almost beat them. I ain't scared!

As long as they don't play like Loisville or SCU

Jan 10, 2016, 4:04 AM

we'll be okay

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah but the decent offenses they have faced have made them look average at best.

Jan 10, 2016, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Yeah but the decent offenses they have faced have made them look average at best. ]

we almost lost some games too. their offense reminds of fsu 2 years ago. plodding and methodical. they are built to wear teams down. we will have stay in this or they can just play keep away with a lead.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah but the decent offenses they have faced have made them look average at best.

Jan 10, 2016, 7:31 AM

Explain which offenses please

Jan 10, 2016, 7:42 AM

talk to 7spots, you do know how this message board thingy works, right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon now. He asked you.

Jan 10, 2016, 7:50 AM

I named the offenses I thought we were comparable too, that they struggled with.

I realize this ball game won't be easy, but I'm not worried. Maybe its because we've heard it all season, or I've seen what Dabo's teams have done the past few years in post season play, or maybe I'm just happy to be here. I know Clemson has shown some weaknesses but so has Alabama. Two good teams will be playing in this ballgame. I see no reason for Clemson to be intimidated.

Go Tigers!

Re: C'mon now. He asked you.

Jan 10, 2016, 7:57 AM

Ok, I missed it. I think way too much is being made of Ole Miss I know that's where you're going with exhibit a, but I really think that's an outlier and an anomaly.

There was a stupid decision made not to start Coker ar QB, we fumbled the opening kickoff, 5 turnovers and a -5 in turnover margin. Old man also had a fluke play for a touchdown, still counts but a fluke, and should have been flagged for lineman clearly down field on another touchdown.

My point is, that was a long long time ago and Alabama is a completely different team right now

Re: C'mon now. He asked you.

Jan 10, 2016, 8:04 AM

Exactly what the okies were preaching on this board before we rolled them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You can claim fluke all you want.

Jan 10, 2016, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: C'mon now. He asked you. ]

Truth is, it is not a fluke if any team scores more than 40 points on you. I recognize that Bama kept it close, but most any team would win with 43 points. A team scores 41 on Clemson...and Clemson beat them by 15 points.
"Quality loss" and "outlier" are what people in the real world call excuses. Life will be much easier when we learn to accept reality. I truly believe these are the two best teams...and I believe they are correctly ranked #1 and #2. No chest beating. No overconfidence. Just facts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2016, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah but the decent offenses they have faced have made them look average at best. ]

I asked you for a specific to backup your claim that the deets and offices we have faced made our defense look average

That's how this message board thing works

Jan 10, 2016, 7:53 AM

Decent offenses

Jan 10, 2016, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah but the decent offenses they have faced have made them look average at best. ]

Bama has played only one Balanced team.

The lack of quality qbs meant most teams played right into the strengths of Bama.

Wisconsin- def a run heavy team with below average qb.

Mid Tenn -........

Ole Miss- only loss, most similar to Clemson on both sides of the ball.

ULM- .......

UGA- at best an average qb, offense was Chubb.

Arky- Run heavy, average qb

Tamu- pass happy no run game

Tenn- I personally believe is where Clemson was last year, 2nd best team Bama played imo.

LSU- Fighting Fournettes

Miss St- I'll be honest didn't watch them much
Dak has never impressed me though.

CSU- ....

Auburn- well they were just terrible at most things this year.

UF-No offense at all

Mich St- Bama wannabe trying to beat Bama at its own game

I truly feel Bama had very favorable matchups all year. This will be the second time Bama has played an all around team.

Clemson has won games every way (Off,Def,ST) and had one complete game(Miami). Bama won against Mich St by passing so I guess you can say the same for them, but if we are talking outliers that was cokers best game EVER.

If Henry cant get going do you really believe Coker can dominate Clemsons Secondary. my personal favorite matchups are the tigers DEs against the big tackles that look more like Guards at the next level. No ones talking about the Clemson DL which realistically has been #### near unlockable on 3rd and long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: You're right. I am packing my bags and leaving Phoenix..

Jan 10, 2016, 4:11 AM

even though our rushing defense is ranked #1 averaging 71 yards, our total defense is ranked #2, and we lead the country in sacks we just suck. We have no chance.

Seriously, you're a #### fool boy. You must be a teenager spewing out that kinda crap trying to get yourself a hard on. Also, Alabama's strength of schedule is #1. When you make a dumb comment like that you should at least have data to back it up.

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Jan 10, 2016, 4:30 AM

Says the Internet tough guy on the other teams board at 4am

Jan 10, 2016, 4:52 AM [ in reply to Re: You're right. I am packing my bags and leaving Phoenix.. ]

Your SOS is skewed by the ESPN suck-ups, so get over it. Be aware that the team that already beat you on your own HOME field was led by a QB that was our #3 QB. Geez man - do you even watch football?

BTW: Bama is going down hard in this one. Saban is going to fire Kiffen before they leave Phoenix.

You're using a stat where the #1 team is 3-9

Jan 10, 2016, 6:21 AM [ in reply to Re: You're right. I am packing my bags and leaving Phoenix.. ]

I suggest you stop trying to win a moral victory before the game is actually played. The game will be played. There will be a winner. Trolling an opponents board with meaningless stats reeks of desperation.

Re: You're using a stat where the #1 team is 3-9

Jan 10, 2016, 7:25 AM

I am NOT surprised you guys have faith in a confident, you should be. Clemson is really good.

What does surprise me that so many seem to just be willing to completely discount Alabama with " Alabama is not that good they played nothing but crappy offensive, their stats are inflated, their strength of schedule inflated, it's all ESPN pumping them up"excetera

So you DO get it.

Jan 10, 2016, 7:56 AM

Good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: You're using a stat where the #1 team is 3-9

Jan 10, 2016, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: You're using a stat where the #1 team is 3-9 ]

BC has the #1 D and we put over 500 yards on em. I bet you try and say BC isn't good. So what are you saying bro?

Alabama playing the "no respect" card? Please

Jan 11, 2016, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Re: You're using a stat where the #1 team is 3-9 ]

Just be happy that your team is better than your trolling attempts.

I would say - welcome to our world

Jan 10, 2016, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: You're right. I am packing my bags and leaving Phoenix.. ]

we're underdogs (again) to a team ranked below us. We lead the country in everything, and have all season, yet all we hear from the "experts" is how bad we are and how we must play "a perfect game" (whatever that is) to have a chance.

We've heard it all year, so nothing is really that different. Now you know how it feels to be disrespected.

So your SOS trumps that loss to Ole Miss?

Jan 10, 2016, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: You're right. I am packing my bags and leaving Phoenix.. ]

Tell me more....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama is that good. You are in wishful deniel.***

Jan 10, 2016, 8:10 AM

May want to watch again

Jan 10, 2016, 8:20 AM

Bama is good. They will give us all we can handle.

Re: May want to watch again

Jan 10, 2016, 10:23 AM

They are a good team with an average QB. They are great on D but we are great on O and D. We have the best QB and personally the best team. I think we pull away at the end as our strength and conditioning will prove to be better.

Nobody gets to Monday's game wthout being more than good...

Jan 10, 2016, 8:23 AM

...and Bama is d@mn good.

We better be ready to play like there's no tomorrow ... 'cause there ain't.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ He speaks the truth...

Jan 10, 2016, 9:24 AM

I know there are some "less than reasonable Clemson fans" that think Bama is not the #2 team in the country, and that when faced with Watson and Clemson's game they will be exposed, but that's false bravado in my opinion.

Bama is good, Clemson is good. Who will be better tomorrow night? We'll see. Part of it will be the who wants it more factor, and part of it will be who has the better players, both skill and trenches, and yes, part will be coaching.

At the end of the day, I'm hoping it's our Tigers, but either way, we have made it here and DESERVE to be here. Whether we won a few games by a small margin or not. Just as Bama deserves it whether they dropped a game to Ole Miss or not. We finally have an NC determination format that is perplexing..., no, pi$$ing off the establishment (ESecPN) off so much they can't stand it! I predict over the next couple of years, they (SEC) will not reign supreme at the end, and that will hasten in the 8 team playoff, driven through ESPN, in an attempt for "their conference" t have more shots at the title. That will backfire on them also!

Go Tigers!!

Studied the Cotton Bowl this weekend

Jan 10, 2016, 10:23 AM

And I think you are correct. It was close until the 3rd quarter.
I even feel that OU would have beaten either one of those teams (Bama and MSU).

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic