Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama fans talk about Dabo...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Alabama fans talk about Dabo...

Jan 2, 2013, 1:57 PM

http://alabama.247sports.com/Board/116/I-do-not-like-Dabo-Swinney-15375400/1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Jan 2, 2013, 2:02 PM

If they ask, I dont care so much for them either.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm tired of the attitude that emotion is bad....

Jan 2, 2013, 2:38 PM

Dabo gets slammed for being emotional about a win and the fans get slammed for rushing the field after a game. They can say whatever they want, but showing emotion and enjoyment over a win is what it's all about. This attitude that you are supposed to act like you have been there before is just stupid. It's fun to get excited and I love to see it.

I agree 100%, it's one hell of a lot better than humping

Jan 2, 2013, 4:32 PM

the oposing team's drunk fans. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i liked this one

Jan 2, 2013, 2:13 PM

Clemson defeated a truly elite program for the first time under Dabo, they finished with 11 wins for thr first time in like 30 years (only the 4th time in school history with 11+ wins), and we have people complaining about a man getting emotional? Somewhere down the line society fooled everyone into thinking that a man showing emotions is a sign of weakness... I say it's weakness for a man to bottle everything up in a failed attempt to pretend he has it all together. The man was overjoyed and emotional. Let him have his day.

and this one

Jan 2, 2013, 2:14 PM

not everyone does leadership the way those individuals you mentioned. they were great leaders, but there are other ways to lead. Whatever he is doing seems to be working for him. What is more important is how his players feel about him. He seems genuine to me. I am an army officer and the best advise i ever got from one of my NCOs was to be myself. He said you can't fool "joe"! what he was saying was that your people will see through ########. You may not like Dabo, but if his players believe in him, they will kill themselves to do what he says. That my friend is leadership. Dabo believe what he is saying. That make him very dangerous. I fear him more than most coaches I see on a daily basis. Dabo thinks he can beat nick saban. He really believes it. He wont quit. he will kill himself until he accomplishes that goal. you should respect that. sun tsu said always respect your enemy

This is a good one

Jan 2, 2013, 3:59 PM [ in reply to i liked this one ]

not everyone does leadership the way those individuals you mentioned. they were great leaders, but there are other ways to lead. Whatever he is doing seems to be working for him. What is more important is how his players feel about him. He seems genuine to me. I am an army officer and the best advise i ever got from one of my NCOs was to be myself. He said you can't fool "joe"! what he was saying was that your people will see through ########. You may not like Dabo, but if his players believe in him, they will kill themselves to do what he says. That my friend is leadership. Dabo believe what he is saying. That make him very dangerous. I fear him more than most coaches I see on a daily basis. Dabo thinks he can beat nick saban. He really believes it. He wont quit. he will kill himself until he accomplishes that goal. you should respect that. sun tsu said always respect your enemy

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Seems pretty smart.***

Jan 2, 2013, 2:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems pretty smart.***

Jan 2, 2013, 2:44 PM

poor uttles.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'll bet they'd take Dabo over Ray Perkins, Shula, Francione

Jan 2, 2013, 2:16 PM

and Dubose. Bama has the best in the business right now. Everyone falls short in comparison

Which one is Harvey?

Jan 2, 2013, 2:17 PM

;)

GO IRISH!***

Jan 2, 2013, 2:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Alabama fans talk about Dabo...

Jan 2, 2013, 2:26 PM

Bama fans have the reputation of being ones that think they are far superior to everyone else. Even other SEC team's fans think they are full of it.

SEC fans.***

Jan 2, 2013, 2:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what!!! Alabama fans have a silver spoon in their mouths

Jan 2, 2013, 2:56 PM

and if everybody thinks that things were bad after Bear retired, we'll once Saban leaves within the next three years, they'll be jumping off bridges!!!!

No one is perfect, like Saben.

Jan 2, 2013, 3:46 PM

tt

That's Nicki Satan to you, sir, and you are correct. Ask him***

Jan 2, 2013, 3:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2013, 3:58 PM

A least they are talking about him. it is like jack sparrow reply when he was told " yor the worst pirate i've heard of. so you have heard of me.

The day Dabo can't celebrate a big win ...

Jan 2, 2013, 4:50 PM

...is the day a guy can't go to a game with a snake around his neck.

What's the use of playing if you aren't having fun?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always ask, would you rather have a coach who shows his

Jan 2, 2013, 4:59 PM

feeling and show how happy he is

or one who

acts like a spoiled 2 year old throwing things and stomping around on the sideline

Jan 2, 2013, 5:02 PM

I don't care what they say. He's as much a Bama guy as he is a Clemson guy, they have to at least respect him.

I think beating LSU went a long way in earning people's respect. I just hope we can continue to do it on a year in and year out basis.

Jan 2, 2013, 5:07 PM

"Frozenropes187 posts
If he does indeed grow out of that rah-rah, cheerleader mentality, he probably can become a great coach. I mean, save it for the locker room, you know. Players generally take on the attitude and behavior of their head coach. Sure it works when everything is going great, but when adversity starts hitting and you're not jumping around anymore, what do you think the players are gonna do? To his credit (I guess) he never stopped jumping around last night and his team came back and won."

This is the problem with Dabo getting so excited. He built them up so high after an 8-0 start last year and we never recovered from the loss at GT.

We were down by two scores with 9 mins left in the game

Jan 2, 2013, 6:07 PM

against an elite program without one of the most electrifying players in the country, don't you think that is adversity? Yeah we lost our composure last year, but we have really out grown that. We never gave up and listening to the players interviews after the game you could tell the O trusted the D and that the D knew if they got a stop the O would take care of business. We showed urgency but did not panic and that will make us go a long way if we want to come close to playing for a national championship.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I liked this Bama fans line:

Jan 2, 2013, 5:07 PM

"I am proud of what he has done and wish him good luck. He is a Bama boy."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saban = zzzzzz

Jan 2, 2013, 5:53 PM

does the dude even smile after they win a national title?

atleast dabo looks like he enjoys what he does which i prefer imo..

and it seems many young athletes prefer it as well

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic