Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama/Ohio St
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Alabama/Ohio St

Dec 4, 2017, 7:36 AM

If you actually watched these two teams play and think Ohio state is a better team you are blind, stupid, or both. The best got in. Most people just would rather play Ohio st. Don't be scared. We will beat Bama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama/Ohio St

Dec 4, 2017, 7:39 AM

I am fine with playing Bama. I do not like that the committee Has, until this year, preached resume over the eye test and now switches to the eye test over resume. The lack of consistency causes credibility issues.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 7:54 AM

There is no lack of consistency. Last year 11-1 Ohio state got in over 11-2 penn st. This year 11-1 Bama got in over 11-2 Ohio st. Both times committee said the team that got in was better.

Dec 4, 2017, 9:26 AM

Bull. It's not about the record. If it were, why ever play a challenging game? OSU played better teams last year (Oklahoma?) than Penn State and had a better resume. This year, Alabama has no resume, just a "good loss". Wisc has 1 loss as well and better wins than Alabama. There are 2 teams that should have gotten in before Bama this year based on RESUME. I will agree Bama is better by eye test and (probably) the better team than those 2. But this is a case of ends justifying the means.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 10:32 AM

Losing by 31 to Iowa was too much to overlook

Dec 4, 2017, 10:48 AM

And losing a week ago to a team that lost this weekend, apparently could be overlooked.

Pick 4 out of 5 conf championships. Whether Bama is one of 4 best is just subjective.

This 4 best teams, is subjective.

Clemson might be one of the 4 best, but if we lost a second to Miami its just arguing to say they should be in.

Earn it, by winning a conf championship. Nothing subjective about it.

Dec 4, 2017, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama/Ohio St ]

THIS ****

I donto give a coot

Dec 4, 2017, 7:52 AM

If you don't win your conference champ game you shouldn't get in.

I dont care if the prom queen committee thinKS you are the prettiest. . That's not how playoffs are supposed to work.

OSu had no bidness in the playoff last year
Bama has no bidness this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I donto give a coot

Dec 4, 2017, 8:18 AM

Winning the conference is just another data point that can help, but it's not necessary when selecting the 4 best teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well duh.. the cfp stated that when OSU made it

Dec 4, 2017, 9:11 AM

Which is total BS.

It tells the confences to get rid off the champ game.

Friday night Wisconsin was in, Auburn was in. CLEMSON was in Oklahoma was in.

Bama was out.

2 of those teams got booted because they actually won their division and we're punished for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Well duh.. the cfp stated that when OSU made it

Dec 4, 2017, 9:26 AM

Huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I donto give a coot ]

That's our point, conf championship shouldn't be a data point up against subjective. Bama No.1 all year, just subjective. Clemson losing to Syracuse, good? bad? subjective.

Earning a conf championship, nothing subjective!

Dec 4, 2017, 8:21 AM [ in reply to I donto give a coot ]

> If you don't win your conference champ game you
> shouldn't get in.
>
> I dont care if the prom queen committee thinKS you
> are the prettiest. . That's not how playoffs are
> supposed to work.
>
> OSu had no bidness in the playoff last year
> Bama has no bidness this year.

I agree. You could make the argument that Wis. could be in over Bama. They both lost their last game but Wis. lost to a team with two losses and Auburn has 3 losses.

The only argument should be Wich 4

Dec 4, 2017, 9:13 AM

Conference champion's get it and which conferecently champion does not.

I had no problems with the bcs until the year espn snuck bama into the NC game vs lsu.

I aught to take a flame thrower to the cfp committee room and burn the whole place down.

Most people, including me, just want to see...

Dec 4, 2017, 8:18 AM

Bama disrespected and left out of the playoff so ESPiN will end the madness by proclaiming Saban is finished and Dabo has taken over!

I overcame that emotionally driven desire long enough to know that a Clemson putting a sound asswhuppin on bama will better serve those goals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most people, including me, just want to see...

Dec 4, 2017, 8:26 AM

I feel that way too. I just see same thing the committee did. Bama is better than OSU and would've never given up 55 to Iowa.

Re: Most people, including me, just want to see...

Dec 4, 2017, 11:25 AM

You don't know that though.

Dec 4, 2017, 8:23 AM

Agree 110%, also think that the committee is thumbing their nose at the Big 10 as the most overrated conference in the country. OSU wouldn't be even close to a favorite against any of the other 3 teams. They were better last year, look what they got when they got to the playoffs!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei.

The only issue i have with it is the committee suddently

Dec 4, 2017, 8:27 AM

decided to pick the "best" team while almost all of their other decisions over the last 4 years have revolved around picking the most "deserving" team (aka best resume). Ohio State had a better resume than Bama IMO. Yes, Bama is a top 4 team. Yes, Bama is better than Ohio State. But that hasn't stopped the committee in the past. They not only chose Michigan State in 2015, but seeded them 3rd ahead of Ohio State. Michigan State was the ultimately resume team that year. Nobody that watched them was impressed.

3rd ahead of Oklahoma in 2015 i mean***

Dec 4, 2017, 8:28 AM

Re: The only issue i have with it is the committee suddently

Dec 4, 2017, 8:35 AM [ in reply to The only issue i have with it is the committee suddently ]

I think they were keeping Alabama from having to play Oklahoma in the cotton bowl that year. I have no problem with that

Michigan St won the big in 2015.***

Dec 4, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to The only issue i have with it is the committee suddently ]

Yes, exactly. Good resume, not a truly good team.***

Dec 4, 2017, 3:02 PM

doesn't matter we beat either team***

Dec 4, 2017, 8:48 AM

As much as the committee wants to reward wins

Dec 4, 2017, 9:58 AM

in the end, they really reward not losing.

I think the precedent they want to avoid is letting in a 2 loss team.

Is Auburn better than Bama? It's too bad Auburn had to play Uga again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 10:07 AM

I would have given fourth spot to UCF.

the upside is that dealing with Bama fans>> Ohio fans

Dec 4, 2017, 10:43 AM

when at the game. I'd MUCH rather be amongst them. Bama fans at least somewhat respect us, Buckeye fans are delusional Yankee twits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 10:54 AM

OU had already beaten OSU in Columbus and everybody knew Clemson vs OSU would be 31 - 0 Part 2. So, Bama vs Clemson III was the obvious choice. Seeing that USC got dominated by ND and a bad call on the 4th and goal in the PAC Championship was another thing that was there for the eye test. If the PAC Officials make the proper call Stanford is the PAC 12 Champion. UCF's SOS was ranked just barely under 100th best. Wisconsin only had one Top 25 (Northwestern) win by season's end and the injury to their only deep threat WR was another nail in their coffin. Which would put a 3 loss Auburn team as the next choice down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic