Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama Druggies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 1

Alabama Druggies

Jun 22, 2016, 2:36 PM

All I can say is ,"This is the SEC." What a shame and disgrace that the criminal justice system turns a blind eye in the name of
Alabama football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama Druggies

Jun 22, 2016, 4:18 PM

they said that a STOLEN GUN is not enough!! LMAO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama Druggies

Jun 22, 2016, 5:50 PM

Yeah, I am sure a Louisiana lifer is ruling to protect his state yeams biggest rival

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...he did it to protect hometown hero Robinson, not

Jun 22, 2016, 5:56 PM

Bama...The protecting Bama argument is so weak it ought to live in Columbia with the rest of the urine

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No...he did it to protect hometown hero Robinson, not

Jun 22, 2016, 5:59 PM

Actually thos is sop for the guy on dealing with young, first time non violent offenders

sure it is...I'm sure everybody that gets caught with drugs

Jun 22, 2016, 6:03 PM

and illegal weapons go free in his parish as long as it is a "first offense"

Re: sure it is...I'm sure everybody that gets caught with drugs

Jun 22, 2016, 6:08 PM

I respect informed opinion

Ergo, not yours on this thing

I respect informed opinions as well, which is exactly why I

Jun 22, 2016, 6:34 PM

don't put any stock in your pathetic attempts to spin this as anything other than preferential treatment...Honestly, you sound like FSU fans trying to defend the Tally PD

Re: I respect informed opinions as well, which is exactly why I

Jun 22, 2016, 6:41 PM

The 2 things are in no way comparable

ESPECIALLY with UA

Not sure why there has been such a burgeoning Anti-Bama sentiment here the last few months. Maybe the pressure of expectation is starting to break down some of the less tough minded posters here

We'll see if either miss any actual gametime...I won't hold

Jun 22, 2016, 6:51 PM

my breath, I know how lenient Nick is about discipline OFF the field...and if you had been here for years, you would see most couldn't stand cheating Bama YEARS before we played in the NC....Only school I know of who got additional probation WHILE THEY WERE STILL ON PROBATION

Re: We'll see if either miss any actual gametime...I won't hold

Jun 22, 2016, 7:01 PM

Did you read the listed punishments?

Also, go on with your list of UA cheating.
Bama played for 100 years probation free. But beware, if you want to challenge me. I guarantee you I am more factually knowledgeable on U A history and these situations, and will likely cyber-castrate you on your own board

tell me again how you weren't on probation

Jun 22, 2016, 7:09 PM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/alabama_no_longer_on_ncaa_prob.html

Re: tell me again how you weren't on probation

Jun 22, 2016, 7:19 PM

investigation that began in 2007 revealed that athletes in 16 sports, including seven football players, arranged for free textbooks for their friends. As part of the 2009 sanctions, Alabama had to vacate 21 football victories from 2005-2007 in which any of the seven players participated. Alabama lost its appeal of the penalties. Five of those victories came in 2007, Nick Saban's first season as the Crimson Tide's head coach.

His reaction to the end of probation is telling.

"Well, I didn't even know it was about ready to end," Saban said last week. "We don't ever want to be on probation. We always want to do everything by the rules. That's been our goal and what we've tried to do since we've been here, and that's what we'll continue to do.

"Since I didn't know it was about to end, I don't really know what it means. I'll have to think about it first, I guess."

This was a glitch in the textbook distribution system, that sadly some athletes used to get freebies for friends. UA discovered it, self-reported, football players were suspended in season. The Ncaa also docked Bama 21 wins, in what I consider an egregious penalty

Bowling Green and Nebraska had similar issues, but in a worse way, and were treated much differently

If that is the best you have, you need to go back to the kiddie table

did you claim that you weren't on probation? Did I easily

Jun 22, 2016, 7:25 PM

prove you wrong? Did you miss this part? "Alabama knows this well, having paid recently for past sins. Its five-year windows virtually have overlapped since 1995.

On Feb. 1, 2002, the NCAA hit Alabama hard with five-year probation, among other sanctions, for multiple violations of football recruiting and extra-benefits rules. Even if that had been, say, a two-year probation - as the school received after appealing harsh sanctions in 1995 for extra-benefits and amateurism rules violations and a lack of institutional control - Alabama was deemed a repeat offender because textbook policy infractions began in 2005.

In its appeal of the 2009 ruling, Alabama argued unsuccessfully that its penalties were worse than those of other schools found guilty of similar violations involving textbooks."

Re: did you claim that you weren't on probation? Did I easily

Jun 22, 2016, 7:26 PM

Never said out that Alabama wasn't on probation #######

you said you went a hundred years without it...Obviously

Jun 22, 2016, 7:30 PM

that "Hundred years" ended in 94 because you've been on the repeat offender list since...Mainly because y'all can't go FIVE years without another infraction

Broke rules while on probation...in simple black and white..

Jun 22, 2016, 7:27 PM [ in reply to did you claim that you weren't on probation? Did I easily ]

You better stick to arguing with Vols and Mississipians guy cause you're getting your a$$ handed to you and you don't even realize it....Kiddie table indeed

Re: Broke rules while on probation...in simple black and white..

Jun 22, 2016, 7:33 PM

Read this, a good summary

Enjoy the chicken nuggets and mac n cheese

You do understand, after having someone read this to you, that Alabama was multiple times in a repeat offender window due to the diligence of our compliance staff and self-reporting? How much does your compliance staff do by the way? Self-righteous pric

https://www.tiderinsider.com/forum/classics/020223-1.html

So now you're proving my point that you continued

Jun 22, 2016, 7:40 PM

to cheat WHILE on probation? Where was that compliance staff when Clinton-Dix was getting loans from coaches? Or Ingram and Jones went fishing for free or former player Luther Davis was acting as an agents middleman for Fluker? Sounds like a real Top-Notch organization fella....And link to me actually being a self-righteous pric? Or did you use that word wrong too?

a Gump calling someone else a self-righteous pric. That's rich. ***

Jun 22, 2016, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Broke rules while on probation...in simple black and white.. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It would have been more ironic if it was accurate***

Jun 22, 2016, 9:27 PM

Jun 22, 2016, 7:21 PM [ in reply to tell me again how you weren't on probation ]

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2009/6/11/905031/ncaa-ruling-on-the-alabama

Jun 22, 2016, 7:25 PM

Btw if UA was cheating, why was it internally discovered and THEN turned in?

FSu, UNC, auburn, and many others would have hoovered it up

Go brag about it on one of their boards guy, I don't

Jun 22, 2016, 7:33 PM

see how it pertains to OUR discussion about Bama being on Probation

then why did you make the claim it's been a hundred years?***

Jun 22, 2016, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: tell me again how you weren't on probation ]

Are you a liar or just stupid? I'll let YOU choose Beer***

Jun 22, 2016, 7:40 PM

Re: Are you a liar or just stupid? I'll let YOU choose Beer***

Jun 22, 2016, 7:49 PM

The only reason Alabama was in a repeat violator window was due to our diligence in boosters reporting an issue with the basketball program in 1999. I know the guy that reported it top-notch guy and Alabama handled it exactly the way we should and will praise by the NC double A but they extended the repeat offender window Some reward huh?

Has already reported, the textbook issue what cells discovered self-reported and let them for more harsh penalties than any other similar issues at any other university

Every other situation you mentioned was dealt with by the university in a proper fashion

How much self-reporting does Clemson do actually? Hmmm

Jun 22, 2016, 7:53 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/01/sports/clemson-on-probation.html

Jun 22, 2016, 7:56 PM

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20111224/PC20/312249964

can you link to where I said we haven't been on probation

Jun 22, 2016, 7:57 PM

for a hundred years? Because I can link to where you said it pretty #### quick pal

Jun 22, 2016, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you a liar or just stupid? I'll let YOU choose Beer*** ]

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20111224/PC20/312249964

Do I have you so shook you're double posting now? Is

Jun 22, 2016, 7:58 PM

this going how you thought it would?

Re: Do I have you so shook you're double posting now? Is

Jun 22, 2016, 8:00 PM

You must be a lawyer because you've never really addressed the facts that I brought it up

Re: Do I have you so shook you're double posting now? Is

Jun 22, 2016, 8:00 PM

Oh and where's the clown that's said Alabama played ineligible players back in January?

Looking for someone else to argue with because I

Jun 22, 2016, 8:05 PM

"cyber-castrated" you big boy? Have you not had enough? I could literally roast you for hours

Don't have to...All I had to do was prove Bama has been on

Jun 22, 2016, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Do I have you so shook you're double posting now? Is ]

probation in the last Hundred years and I did that with my FIRST reply, now you're trying to spin the numerous violations as self-reported as if those don't count...Must be an SEC thing

Re: Don't have to...All I had to do was prove Bama has been on

Jun 22, 2016, 8:28 PM

No you stupid mother f***** I said Alabama play football for 100 years without going on probation which ended after the 1992 season sadly

I do not think you're capable of reading comprehension and cognitive reasoning

you're bragging about not being caught until 92?***

Jun 22, 2016, 8:30 PM

Oh, and you didn't say that either, so there's that as well***

Jun 22, 2016, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't have to...All I had to do was prove Bama has been on ]

Re: Oh, and you didn't say that either, so there's that as well***

Jun 22, 2016, 8:39 PM

The problem with dealing with imbeciles like you is you don't really want the truth you don't really want the facts you don't want to hear what happened and make your own decision you just want to find a sound bite or a headline somewhere and say all that settles it

You probably subscribe to the theory that OJ never did it as well

Roll Tide, 45 to 40, Wilt under your expectations like you already doing

I'm about to enjoy dinner a fine bottle of wine and a movie, you keep living in a deluded Fantasyland

Re: Oh, and you didn't say that either, so there's that as well***

Jun 22, 2016, 8:40 PM

Oh and when we are ready we'll come get your coach hahaha

sure you will...the real question is will you still be in

Jun 22, 2016, 8:51 PM

Repeat Offenders five year window? I'm willing to bet you will be, are you?

and you're still trying to toss my salad even after I

Jun 22, 2016, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh, and you didn't say that either, so there's that as well*** ]

did you like a girl? You lost the argument the minute you opened your mouth but it took you an hour or so to realize it

Re: and you're still trying to toss my salad even after I

Jun 22, 2016, 8:52 PM

This surely had you guys as a repeat violator

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-12-10/sports/9204220495_1_len-gordy-coach-cliff-ellis-major-rule-violations

No wonder you guys identify yourselves so readily with auburn

Link to where I EVER said we weren't on a Repeat Offenders

Jun 22, 2016, 8:56 PM

list cumdrunk?

where are the links?***

Jun 22, 2016, 9:00 PM

Re: and you're still trying to toss my salad even after I

Jun 22, 2016, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Re: and you're still trying to toss my salad even after I ]

These are major violations, not self reported

Ding UA all you want, but we st least make an effort to do things right

I am waiting to hear how competent the cu compliance dept is, and how much self reporting you do

Did you miss this part?

Jun 22, 2016, 8:59 PM

"The NCAA praised Alabama for its thorough internal investigation and yet stung the school in its report, calling it a "serial repeat offender," saying its infractions track record was "abysmal" and suggesting that its "appalling and unprecedented" recent infractions history was "unmatched by any other member institution in the NCAA."

Re: Did you miss this part?

Jun 22, 2016, 9:07 PM

Read, or keep to your fantasies to fuel your juvenile, uneducated, espn level hatred of the greatest Football Program of all time

y BBA on February 23, 2002

On February 1st, the NCAA Infractions Committee released its report on the high profile, sensational case of alleged major infractions by the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. Since the NCAA saw fit to mention the '95 case and the '99 case as part of its justification for the severity of the sanctions it imposed, here is a look at the last 10 years of the Alabama-NCAA relationship.
On November 12, 1992, a newspaper ran an article containing statements by Gene Jelks, alleging that NCAA rules violations had occurred during his recruitment and after his subsequent enrollment at Alabama. In late 1992, and early 1993, the NCAA enforcement staff conducted several interviews with the former student-athlete and other individuals who reported potential rules violations.

In the early hours of Jan. 1, 1993, a tired but jubilant Antonio Langham was celebrating Alabama's national championship. During the course of this celebration he met an agent. This agent talked him into signing, on a napkin, a contract to represent Langham for $400. We don't know whether Langham was drunk or what his true motives were at this time. We do know he did sign the napkin.

These 2 events are the catalyst for the 1995 sanctions. In the first allegation, Jelks initially claimed that he received cash to play football at Alabama. These allegations could not be proven. In fact, during the investigation, information was developed that pointed to Jelks receiving money to MAKE the allegations. The investigation only revealed that Jelks had taken out loans without making the proper arrangements with the university. The loans were obtained at financial institutions where Alabama "boosters" were officers. Some, if not all, of these loans took place AFTER Jelks had used all of his eligibility.

The question that many want to know is what did the university do wrong? From the 1995 NCAA report, "The institution failed to obtain the required documentation for the student-athlete's purchase of disability insurance. These records would have revealed the existence of at least one impermissible loan." Also mentioned in the report is the fact that Jelks LIED to the university during this process.

Was the university at fault to some extent? Yes. We should have been more diligent in our compliance practices. The investigation showed that our process for documenting this kind of activity was lacking.

Did we try to hide anything or "cheat"? No. Simply put, our compliance department was not very good in 1989.

The second part of this concerns the Antonio Langham incident. There has been much debate on this and lots of misinformation. In a nutshell, Langham was celebrating and thought about "going pro". Some agent talked him into signing a $400 napkin. Langham, when thinking clearly about it, didn't want to go pro. He told Coach Gene Stallings that he had signed up to enter the NFL draft but wanted his name taken off. He neglected to tell Stallings of the napkin incident. Later in that year, Stallings was made aware of an agent who was claiming Langham had signed a contract.

This is the most hard-to-get-at-the-truth point of this charge. There is no indication that Stallings tried to hide or cheat with Langham. AD Hootie Ingram has stated that they had 5 or 6 signed, notarized affidavits from Langham stating that he did not sign with an agent. When the agent finally came forward and made Alabama aware that Langham had indeed signed a contract, Stallings suspended Langham, right before the SECCG game. There was no intent to play ineligible players, just a poor effort at finding out the truth of the matter. Langham contributed to the mess by lying to Stallings about the contact with the agent. Stallings' mistake was trying to investigate this. That was not his job. The mistake was made worse by the ineffective efforts of Ingram. Both should have turned it over to the compliance officer.

During the course of the investigation (including deliberation by the Committee on Infractions), someone "decided" that Dean Tom Jones, the Faculty Representative, had lied to the NCAA about his actions. The NCAA later regretted making that charge. Jones sued the NCAA for slander. The NCAA, knowing it couldn't back up it's charge, settled out of court for a seven-figure settlement.

So, for this entire investigation, which spanned nearly 3 years, the NCAA found:

Our compliance department was not very well organized, which allowed a student-athlete to take out a loan, which he shouldn't have taken out.
We botched an in-house investigation of a player signing with an agent.
For that, we self-imposed:

Disassociation of two representatives of the institution's athletics interests. (Those associated with loaning Jelks the money.)
Reduction by four in the number of permissible financial aid awards in football during the 1995-96 academic year.
The Enforcement Staff had reached an agreement with the university on that penalty. However, when this went before the Committee on Infractions, they decided to "stick it to" the university. They tacked on:

Public reprimand and censure.
Three years of probation.
Prohibition from participating in post-season competition in football during the 1995-96 academic year.
Reduction by four in the number of permissible financial aid awards in football during academic years 96-97.
Reduction in the number of initial financial aid awards in football by 13 during the 1996-97 academic year and by nine during the 1997-98 academic year. That is 22 ADDITIONAL scholarships.
Forfeiture of the 11 regular season football games in which an ineligible student-athlete participated during the 1993-94 academic year.
Requirement that the institution continue to develop a comprehensive athletics compliance education program, with annual reports to the committee during the period of probation.
Requirements that the university send four individuals to an NCAA rules seminar each year of probation.
Recertification of current athletics policies and practices.
In the history of the NCAA, this was the most blatant overreach and over-penalization ever. The NCAA used a bazooka to kill a gnat. To this day, Alabama fans cannot understand why the NCAA chose to "hammer" Alabama for so seemingly minor infractions. And keep in mind, we are not now claiming we were innocent, just let the sentence fit the crime. Also, one thing this should not have done was set a precedent of how the NCAA would deal with Alabama in the future. The NCAA should deal with each institution equally, equitably and fairly.

One more thing to keep in mind. Alabama disassociated the boosters who were involved in the minor infractions. We didn't hide it, didn't fight it, didn't excuse it. We did NOT let our boosters run amuck. We took our punishment and implemented the changes.

Now, fast forward to the Tyrone Beamon case.

In 1998, assistant basketball coach Tyrone Beamon was recruiting a hotshot basketball player out of Houston. Beamon got the bright idea (according to him, I guess) to contact boosters and solicit funds from these boosters in order to pay coaches to "steer" their players to Alabama. Beamon contacted 2 boosters in Montgomery and set up a lunch. Over lunch he laid out his plan and request. The boosters told him they would get back to him.

After returning from the lunch, OUR BOOSTERS called our athletic department and notified them of this illegal request. The athletic department initiated an internal investigation. Upon verifying the facts, the coach was summarily fired and, in keeping with the new procedures requested by the NCAA for good Institutional Control, filed a report with the NCAA, notifying them of the rules violation.

At this point it is important to notice, we did EXACTLY what the NCAA wanted. The institution took care of a rules violator and notified the NCAA. The NCAA praised our compliance team. The coach, the only person in the incident who broke the rules, had a show cause order placed on him for 4 years. Yet, inexplicably, the repeat violator window was extended for the university. Little did we know how huge that ruling would become.

So, as it stood in the summer of 1999, the University of Alabama had a history of:

Making drastic changes to the Institutional Controls in the Athletic Department.
Disassociating boosters who broke rules.
Having boosters who did not tolerate illegal activity.
Self-reporting known rules infractions to the NCAA.
Over a period of 2 or so years, the Alabama compliance department was bombarded with bits of information regarding the conduct of Alabama coaches. In several instances, the compliance staff reported things that no one else would report. One example:

During one summer, while new recruits were going through the admissions process, one of the recruits was allowed to stay at a coach's home. This was reported as a violation. The story that isn't reported in the NCAA report is that the young man had become ill. He was carried to the coach's home so his wife could look after him, as they were very concerned about his well-being. He stayed for a few hours during one day. Yes, that is technically a violation. But I would venture a guess that 90% of the schools in the country would not have reported that "incident" to the NCAA as a violation. That is how strictly our compliance staff was trying to operate.

Here is a list of the items that the University of Alabama self-reported:

A coach made too many off campus visits to evaluate players.
A student-athlete was allowed to compete in an athletic contest, even though he was ineligible. (Why this was reported as an infraction I'll never understand. He was cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse to compete, then his ACT was invalidated after he played in athletic contests).
A student-athlete put 2 names on the complimentary pass list but pocketed $100.
A coach contacted a member of the Alabama State Troopers and put him in contact with a student-athlete. This facilitated the student athlete being able to get a speeding ticket negated.
A coach allowed a student athlete to rest in his home for several hours.
A coach instructed the university to place several student athletes on a 15-meal plan in the student cafeteria when only a 5-meal plan was authorized.
A student athlete with a wealthy uncle gave recruits money to give to a stripper who he had hired to "entertain" them. No evidence of university personnel having knowledge of this was presented.
As you can see, this is really a "damning" series of violations isn't it? I'm being sarcastic. This is the kind of stuff that goes on at EVERY school in the country. Again, not condoning this behavior but pointing out that this is very common at many schools.

In the summer of 1999, word began to spread about the activities of Lynn Lang as it pertained to the recruitment of Albert Means. No one has yet answered the question why our compliance department was not aware of these rumors. As just previously noted, ALL rumors of misconduct by Alabama coaches or boosters were thoroughly investigated and misconduct reported to the NCAA. The NCAA soon learned about the stories coming out of Memphis. For some unknown and unexplained reason though, the NCAA failed to give any warning or notification to the University of Alabama.

In February of 2000, Alabama signed Albert Means to a National Letter of Intent. In July of 2000, before the football season began, the NCAA was conducting a full-scale investigation into Albert Mean's recruitment. Still, the NCAA did not notify the University of Alabama. Means played in almost every game that season. At some point during the season, Alabama compliance officials became aware of the Means rumors. All indications are that the compliance team investigated the rumors but could not substantiate the allegations. There is still no explanation why the NCAA did NOT officially notify the University of Alabama about the rumors and information it had received.

In January of 2001, several media outlets ran stories alleging that Albert Mean's high school coach had been paid $200,000 dollars to "steer" Means to Alabama. This set off a media feeding frenzy of Titanic proportions.

In February of 2001, the NCAA issued a Preliminary Letter of Inquiry into the football program at Alabama. Thus began the most massive investigation in NCAA history. The NCAA had already put their "chief bloodhound" on the case. Hundreds upon hundreds of witnesses were interviewed. I know of cases were players from Mississippi State University were interviewed by the NCAA, even though these players were never even recruited by Alabama. The NCAA spared no expense and effort to uncover every "questionable action" they could find.

During the course of the investigation, Alabama's compliance department worked diligently and forthrightly to uncover all evidence possible. From the NCAA report " In this case, by contrast, university officials cooperated fully with the enforcement staff, often at great personal criticism, in a diligent effort to develop complete information regarding the violations." Yet through all of this, the NCAA still withheld evidence and the identities of at least one witness. What was the NCAA trying to do?

Even more troubling was the inclusion of a FORMERLY CLOSED case concerning the recruitment of Kenny Smith of Stevenson, Al. The NCAA had previously been notified of this case, had taken a preliminary look at it and declined to pursue it. It was beyond the statute of limitations cited in the PLOI. Yet, the NCAA included it in this case on the word of a secret witness, and only to establish a "pattern of conduct" by one booster. It is apparent they wanted to "nail Logan Young".

Now comes the question of the conduct of the investigators. Several people who were questioned have said that they had more information to give the investigators, but the investigators were not interested. I don't know about you, but I believe an investigator should always be on the lookout for information. You never know when you might need it on that case or on another case. One of the boosters named in this case has stated that there were a dozen or so people who could testify to the facts of the case regarding a vehicle "given" to a student athlete. None, and I repeat, none of these witnesses were ever questioned.

Many have said that the questions asked by the investigator led them to believe that he had already made his mind up. He wasn't asking for information, just confirmation. If their answers didn't confirm his beliefs, he wasn't interested in talking to them. To any rational person, it would sound as if the people doing the investigating had their minds made up before they gathered the evidence.

Alabama's strategy during this entire investigation was to cooperate totally. This was done AND recognized by the COI. Imagine the surprise that our legal team received when, at the COI hearing on Nov. 17, the Enforcement Staff presented evidence that had NOT been made known to Alabama at the pre-hearing conference 2 weeks earlier. The pre-hearing was the opportunity for both sides to essentially present their case and evidence to each other so that the COI hearing would be free of any surprises and that both sides could effectively deliver their case. This NCAA bylaw stipulates:

32.5.12 - NCAA Summary Case Statement. Not later than 14 days prior to the date of the institution's appearance, the enforcement staff shall prepare a summary statement of the case that indicates the status of each allegation and identifies the individuals upon whom and the information upon which the staff will rely in presenting the case. This summary shall be provided to the members of the Committee on Infractions and to representatives of the institution and involved individuals prior to the hearing. The committee may waive this 14-day period for good cause shown. (Adopted: 10/12/94)
In this case, the NCAA violated this bylaw. Why would they do that? That is just one more indication of unfair treatment by the NCAA.

Finally, at the end of this entire investigation, the chairman of the Committee on Infractions stood up and leveled a bitter, threatening tirade against the University of Alabama. He was very unprofessional in his comments. He used the words "repeat offender" and "death penalty" over and over, yet the death penalty could NOT have been invoked because of our compliance team's and the University's cooperation and was never even voted on by the committee. He was obviously grandstanding. Why?

Can anyone not look at this entire case and the previous cases and see where the fans of the University of Alabama feel that the NCAA has treated us unfairly? Make the assumption that every allegation leveled against Alabama by the NCAA is true. We received no Failure to Monitor or Lack of Institutional Control. No former coaches or Administrators were charged with any wrongdoing (save Ronnie Cottrell's answer to a question about a legal loan.) Yet we were hit with over double the penalties that Kansas State and Wisconsin were subjected to.

In the case of Kansas State, they had 7 boosters giving money to student-athletes. They were a repeat offender, the previous case being in women's basketball. They only had probation extended for 1 year and lost NO scholarships. They had NO bowl ban.

In the case of Wisconsin, they had 2 previous cases of LOIC. This case involved dozens of athletes getting impermissible benefits from a booster. Also, Wisconsin not only "didn't disassociate boosters long enough" (as we were charged), they actively and defiantly refused to disassociate them, AT ALL, prior to their COI hearing. Yet the NCAA only subjected them to 12 scholarships lost (up from the incredibly brassy 2 they self-imposed). No post-season ban was imposed. In fact, no college or university not cited with (at least) Failure to Monitor has ever been given a bowl ban. Ever. Until Alabama.

I believe it is apparent that Alabama was singled out and "made an example" of by the NCAA on 2 different occasions. We are NOT claiming innocence. All we want is fairness and equitable treatment comparable to other institutions by the NCAA.

Do you think we are being treated fairly?

Bryan Alexander

How many 5 year windows have passed since that was written?***

Jun 22, 2016, 9:13 PM

dayum! How long did it take to type ^^^?!

Jun 22, 2016, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Did you miss this part? ]

Are you a court recorder??...

smh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Deer Beer, lay off the Box Wine and Beer.

Jun 22, 2016, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: and you're still trying to toss my salad even after I ]

I'm not into arguing with guys that are into cyber -castration. It appears you cyber castrated yourself. If you want to feel more like a woman I suggest you see a professional surgeon, Mrs, Jenner probably has a recommended specialist for you. The good news is that you can use any bathroom you want in most states now.

LOL, I'd say this is where he got flustered

Jun 23, 2016, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, and you didn't say that either, so there's that as well*** ]

I like ya BB, but I have to admit, CM kinda had you with this one.

Sorry

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I AM capable of handing you your a$$, because I did that

Jun 22, 2016, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't have to...All I had to do was prove Bama has been on ]

REPEATEDLY

can't help but notice you haven't refuted that***

Jun 22, 2016, 8:57 PM

so you're a liar? You knew all of that and said you weren't

Jun 22, 2016, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you a liar or just stupid? I'll let YOU choose Beer*** ]

on probation for a hundred years anyway? And the only reason you are on the Repeat Offenders list is because y'all CONTINUED TO CHEAT WHILE STILL ON PROBATION...How is that fact lost on you? Maybe I overestimated you and you are just stupid...Probably think you're really teaching me a lesson too huh?

Re: so you're a liar? You knew all of that and said you weren't

Jun 22, 2016, 7:59 PM

So you consider self reporting as cheating?

Detail the cheating, no way you read the facts in the links I provided

Self reporting secondary violations is cheating? If so then Clemson cheats every year unless you guys are completely up to you and never self-reported anything according to your limited intellect and definition Clemson is cheating every year Alabama play football for 100 years without ever going on probation

How long as Clemson been on the Repeat Offenders list? UA

Jun 22, 2016, 8:01 PM

has been there since 95 buddy...I would say that is a clear pattern of cheating, you can call it self-reporting if you want to...But the rest of the World calls it cheating

Re: How long as Clemson been on the Repeat Offenders list? UA

Jun 22, 2016, 8:02 PM

Does Clemson ever sell Freeport? If so if you even self-reported one violation that year by year limited intellectual definition of the matter then Clemson was cheating

Link to where I said Clemson has played a hundred years of

Jun 22, 2016, 8:07 PM

PROBATION free football?

Here's where YOU said it

Jun 22, 2016, 8:08 PM

suck on that...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19582461

that's gonna leave a mark***

Jun 22, 2016, 8:10 PM

I hear the fat toothless Alabama lady

Jun 22, 2016, 9:14 PM

And she is singing

Game. Set. Match.

The tide just got rolled

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear the fat toothless Alabama lady

Jun 22, 2016, 9:19 PM

Got rolled to the tune of 45 - 40?

Anyone that actually read the detailed account I provided and still adheres to pre-conceived notions is just never going to be capable of objectivity

anybody that read your detailed account would think Bama

Jun 22, 2016, 9:22 PM

cheats enough for you to not be so sensitive about the truth of the matter

He talked tough, but when it got down to "cyber-castratin'"

Jun 22, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to I hear the fat toothless Alabama lady ]

time, he just put em in his mouth and hummed until I was done...then he swallowed

Re: He talked tough, but when it got down to "cyber-castratin'"

Jun 22, 2016, 9:30 PM

Read the synopsis I provided, and then get back to me in the 3 or 4 days it takes you to muddle through

Clemson really much more fits the term serial cheater

You ever gonna provide those self reprting numbers, or are we sposed to think you guys are pure as new snow?

By your definition, one reported violation per year makes you a serial cheatet. I am sure there were no bump rule violations, academic issues, recruiting contacts outside the proper window, etc

Be the local hero if you want, but any rational person here knows you came out looking like a ignorant, pot stirring fool

Dont hate us because we try to play within the rules, and still win

I will be back, but ignorance and closed minded clowns #### me off to no end

ROLL TIDE

Has Clemson been in a constant 5 year window since 95? Link

Jun 22, 2016, 9:32 PM

to where I said ANYTHING about Clemson compliance? You lost the original argument, want to lose this one too?

If you're being honest with yourself, you will admit this

Jun 22, 2016, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: He talked tough, but when it got down to "cyber-castratin'" ]

didn't go as well as you thought it would when you shot off your fat mouth about handling me...I have lieteraly danced circles around you and all you can do is try to change the subject... Bama might have won the Natty, but I won this argument and it wasn't as close as 45-40 buddy

"local hero"? and it would be "AN" ignorant, pot

Jun 22, 2016, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: He talked tough, but when it got down to "cyber-castratin'" ]

stirring fool, not "A" ignorant...I'll let most grammatical r=errors go, but not in the middle of an insult to my intelligence you ignorant shrimpsucking cheater...and a Gump bragging about playing within the rules? Didn't you JUST have to fire a COACH for CHEATING? So there's that as well

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/longtime-alabama-assistant-resigns-over-reported-recruiting-violations/

start ANOTHER 5 year window in Tuscaloser***

Jun 22, 2016, 9:49 PM

miss this part?

Jun 22, 2016, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: so you're a liar? You knew all of that and said you weren't ]

"The NCAA praised Alabama for its thorough internal investigation and yet stung the school in its report, calling it a "serial repeat offender," saying its infractions track record was "abysmal" and suggesting that its "appalling and unprecedented" recent infractions history was "unmatched by any other member institution in the NCAA." Do you know what unprecedented means? I'll give you time to look it up

Link to article claiming either will miss a SECond of

Jun 22, 2016, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: We'll see if either miss any actual gametime...I won't hold ]

actual gametime? Classic SEC suspension...They ALWAYS end in August

still waiting for that cyber-castration fella...better hurry

Jun 22, 2016, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: We'll see if either miss any actual gametime...I won't hold ]

though, you're starting to bleed out

Jun 22, 2016, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: No...he did it to protect hometown hero Robinson, not ]

> Actually thos is sop for the guy on dealing with
> young, first time non violent offenders

I think that is our point, this is SOP for the SEC. It's called a payoff, when Cam hits the draft everyone involved will get paid both monitarily and with tickets, gear etc. Do you have any idea how many Clemson players have gotten arrested and kicked off the team for far less? How many college kids have had to pay fines and do community service for going to a party and having a couple beers. You can defend Bamas winning percentage but don't pretend Saban cares anything about ethics. It's the win and don't get caught attitude he probably learned from Billecheck.

Jun 22, 2016, 6:19 PM

> > Actually thos is sop for the guy on dealing with
> > young, first time non violent offenders
>
> I think that is our point, this is SOP for the SEC.
> It's called a payoff, when Cam hits the draft
> everyone involved will get paid both monitarily and
> with tickets, gear etc. Do you have any idea how many
> Clemson players have gotten arrested and kicked off
> the team for far less? How many college kids have had
> to pay fines and do community service for going to a
> party and having a couple beers. You can defend Bamas
> winning percentage but don't pretend Saban cares
> anything about ethics. It's the win and don't get
> caught attitude he probably learned from Billecheck.
Ok read this

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Punishments-for-Cam-Robinson-and-Hootie-Jones-revealed-45922768

that's your response? An article that asks if the DA let

Jun 22, 2016, 6:36 PM

them off the hook? Classic Bama, Classic SEC SEC SEC

Re: that's your response? An article that asks if the DA let

Jun 22, 2016, 6:49 PM

Did you see the punishments and treatments administered bu Coach Saban?

Trying to blame UA and The SEC for a judges ruling in La is pathetic, and places you in the category of an ignorant to the facts by choice, pathetic, out of touch, sophmoric Alabama hater.

Seems you may be the weak minded type fan who is dissolving due to the unfamiliar pressure of expectations

yeah, the expectations that neither will miss a SECond of

Jun 22, 2016, 6:52 PM

gametime despite being "disciplined"

prove me wrong Beer...prove me wrong***

Jun 22, 2016, 7:15 PM

I did, it's pointless.

Jun 22, 2016, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: No...he did it to protect hometown hero Robinson, not ]

Drug rehab for weed is pointless, they use weed to get people off other drugs while they are in rehab. A urine test is pointless unless they are totally random or someone is watching you pee. Having someone watch you pee is usually illegal unless you are on probation.If I actually thought he was taking a real urine test it would be huge because he could not use PEDs all season, but Saint Nick is not going to let that happen. This is the same guy that was complaining about his players getting tested during the playoffs, the same guy that let multiple ineligible players play in the CFB playoff knowing they had tested dirty. Do you really think Sabans test is going to find something right before a meaningful game? This is basically a PR statement from Alabama saying we know we are corrupt but you can't do anything about it. Again, lots of respect for Saban as a Coach but I trust him to cheat every time he thinks he can get away with it and he almost always does. If he ends up giving them a 3 game suspension I will be shocked.

It's hard to blame Saban...Who wouldn't blatantly cheat if

Jun 22, 2016, 6:54 PM

they KNEW they could get away with it 99% of the time and only get a slap on the wrist the 1% they are actually called on it

Re: I did, it's pointless.

Jun 22, 2016, 7:04 PM [ in reply to I did, it's pointless. ]

Detail the multiple ineligible players, or backtrack

Give names, facts, and legitimate, official links

Re: I did, it's pointless.

Jun 23, 2016, 9:48 AM

How about we just post Saban's own words instead:
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2015/03/tyren_jones_arrested_alabama_2015.html

"I've never gotten rid of a guy on a second incident when it comes to drugs and alcohol," Saban said. "You don't know about the drug issues because we don't release any of that, so we have guys going through this program all the time and we're trying to help them and we've been successful in helping a lot of these players."

in other words, #1 slap on the wrist...#2 slap on the wrist...

Whereas Swinney on a second offense...Lakip never played again:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2015/12/30/three-clemson-football-players-suspended-for-orange-bowl-failed-drug-tests/78057328/

Same reason a lot of companies in Colorado don't drug test.

Jun 23, 2016, 5:01 PM

Saban's like drug tests? If I got rid of players for failing a drug test I would never be able to field a team.

Replies: 84
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic