Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Growing up Nike was elite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Growing up Nike was elite

May 25, 2016, 9:59 AM

Now days I am sure it has evened out. Golf I prefer footjoy. As my son is only 4 months I am curious to what brand I should get him when he is 4 or so and starts sports. I know things will change by then. Who do you guys prefer now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sacony***

May 25, 2016, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Sports in general there are really 3 major brands

May 25, 2016, 10:08 AM

between Nike, UA and Adidas. I doubt that will change too much in 4 years.

If your son starts golf, U.S. Kids Golf makes the best clubs for kids. My son plays in a lot of junior golf tournaments, and it has been interesting to see all the kids go from wearing Puma golf clothes while rooting for Rickie Fowler to wearing head to toe Under Armour and rooting for Jordan Spieth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Make no mistake

May 25, 2016, 10:09 AM

Nike still runs the world. Other companies are throwing money to try to make up ground but it's still Nike's world and they just live in it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nike doesn't run "The World" chief. Check your facts.

May 25, 2016, 10:22 AM

Nike may lead in America, but a far cry from the leader in the world.

Re: Nike doesn't run "The World" chief. Check your facts.

May 25, 2016, 10:25 AM

Who does

May 25, 2016, 11:07 AM

http://louisvillesportslive.net/nike-vs-adidas-in-bcs-football/

May 25, 2016, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Nike doesn't run "The World" chief. Check your facts. ]

Well let's see:
Nike sales in q3 this year- $8 billion
Under armour, nearest competitor-$1.17 billion
Source: footwear news, business section

whoa whoa whoa stating facts and sources are frowned upon

May 25, 2016, 10:43 AM

'round here

May 25, 2016, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Nike doesn't run "The World" chief. Check your facts. ]

That doesnt have anything to do with quality...

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 25, 2016, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Nike doesn't run "The World" chief. Check your facts. ]

' Murica is the world .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Onitsuka Tiger***

May 25, 2016, 10:12 AM

LA Gear all the way!***

May 25, 2016, 10:26 AM

are you talking golf shoes?

May 25, 2016, 10:30 AM

you are certainly planning for the future if your kid is 4 months old now.

My last 3 pair have been Ecco. I'll never go back to other brands. They make some of the most comfortable shoes on the planet.

my current pair....sweet dark orange trim. Traditional, yet a little color flair without being gaudy like Rickie Fowler.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like em! I may have to try em.***

May 25, 2016, 10:46 AM

Starter for clothes and Skechers for shoes.***

May 25, 2016, 10:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well I just bought my first pair of Converse All Stars in

May 25, 2016, 10:45 AM

many years, they're leather this time, so maybe they will make a comeback. I remember when Pony took the market from Converse and then it was Nike.....well I guess I'm telling my age now...lol

now that you have me thinking, I remember seeing a video

May 25, 2016, 10:52 AM

CJ made with Adidas and he talked about how much lighter and more comfortable they were than Nikes. They used a video and cut the Nikes up to the point they weighed as much as the Adidas shoe and there was almost nothing left.

Re: now that you have me thinking, I remember seeing a video

May 25, 2016, 11:16 AM

I remember that. It seems lighter would always be better when running.

have had a pair of Adidas on my feet exclusively since 1984

May 25, 2016, 10:59 AM

Got a pair of White/Black Superstars, and a pair of White/Green Countrys. I just replace them when they wear out. My running shoes are Adidas Boosts. My son came home last year with a pair of Superstars on and I was giving him crap about throwbacks, biting off of us old schoolers, etc...He got all defensive about it and said that they weren't old school and how I was old, etc.. I produced my 1984 Junior Yr. Yearbook from Keenan High School in Columbia which has a color photo of his old man in the quad sitting on the wall with a pair of white on white stripe Superstars on plain as day. He made the beer run from his wallet afterwards. I haven't grown up yet because all of my golf attire and golf shoes are Adidas and I have 5 pairs of Adidas windsuit pants as well that I love. My friends say I'm stuck in Run-DMC's era, but I don't give a ####. My ex wife (who is still my good friend) even bought me an Adidas watch for my USMC retirement two years ago...LOL. I may have issues, but I admit it. LOL.

Nike is still the elite brand, by a mile.

May 25, 2016, 11:05 AM

Under Armor is the closest and it's not even close to Nike.

Re: Growing up Nike was elite

May 25, 2016, 11:07 AM

It all depends on the sport for me...I used to be a Nike fiend and wore them for everything but now....

I prefer Under Armour for Football/Baseball cleats.

I prefer Brooks and Hoka One One for running shoes.

I like New Balance Golf shoes.

I Don't play much basketball these days but still love Nike for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Who owns more shoes, you or your wife?***

May 25, 2016, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Who owns more shoes, you or your wife?***

May 25, 2016, 11:12 AM

I'm not ashamed to say that I do and she's got a lot of shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

you don't mind if bob audits your walk-in during one of his

May 25, 2016, 12:06 PM

mornings at casa del anon, baking with the mrs?

Re: you don't mind if bob audits your walk-in during one of his

May 25, 2016, 12:11 PM

probably couldn't see/reach most of my shoes. High Shelving.

Re: you don't mind if bob audits your walk-in during one of his

May 25, 2016, 12:14 PM

maybe mrs anon will give bob the very helpful leg up or get down on all fours and let bob mount her for the more advantageous views?

she's a good woman, or so i'm told.

She?

May 25, 2016, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Who owns more shoes, you or your wife?*** ]

Didn't see that one coming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Well HE identifies as a gurl, soo...

May 25, 2016, 12:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've already proven without question you aren't ashamed...

May 25, 2016, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Who owns more shoes, you or your wife?*** ]

even when you should be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: You've already proven without question you aren't ashamed...

May 25, 2016, 2:01 PM

Link to when I should be?

May 25, 2016, 3:19 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19455752#19455752

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

May 25, 2016, 3:48 PM

I should be ashamed that you think I should be ashamed when I'm not ashamed??

you and mrs anon haven't discussed this over coffee?***

May 25, 2016, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Who owns more shoes, you or your wife?*** ]

Re: you and mrs anon haven't discussed this over coffee?***

May 25, 2016, 12:07 PM

bob isn't tall enough to "ride"...

What does this have to do with you and Mrs. Anon having

May 25, 2016, 12:13 PM

coffee?

Re: What does this have to do with you and Mrs. Anon having

May 25, 2016, 12:16 PM

ok, i'm back from grabbin' the trail mixes... no word from anon yet?

Still waiting...***

May 25, 2016, 12:21 PM

Re: Still waiting...***

May 25, 2016, 12:23 PM

waiting, it's the hardest part. i hope anon hurries, not that i don't have all day 'cause dsp does, but there are better things to do.

Re: What does this have to do with you and Mrs. Anon having

May 25, 2016, 12:21 PM [ in reply to What does this have to do with you and Mrs. Anon having ]

not sure what you're missing here. He asked about you having coffee not me....

Give bob a minute, you know he has to read things 8 times

May 25, 2016, 12:24 PM

before he can figure out what it actually says.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

oh, great... he's juan of those peoples.***

May 25, 2016, 12:24 PM

Re: Growing up Nike was elite

May 25, 2016, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Growing up Nike was elite ]

Cuga's for everyday, Reebok's with strap for clubbin K swiss for tennis (badminton) Asic's for running
Reebok Pumps for Basketball Muzinos for Baseball ( church Softball)

depends on the sport

May 25, 2016, 11:30 AM

although Nike supposedly leads in running shoe market share, they trail badly in sales in specialty running shoe stores...

the Nike Free (which most folks don't use for running) and department stores sales really skew the market share.

but Nike has lagged in sales to 'real runners' for years... more serious runners choose Brooks, Asics, adidas, or Saucony

to illustrate, shoe choice at the 2015 Boston Marathon put Nike in 5th. viz:

Air Cugas***

May 25, 2016, 11:55 AM

Traxxxxxx

May 25, 2016, 1:58 PM

For me... Anybody else remember those?

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

PF Flyers !***

May 25, 2016, 12:46 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

End of Story....PONY***

May 25, 2016, 1:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic