Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Bowden on the 2011 Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Football Update: Bowden on the 2011 Tigers

Oct 13, 2011, 3:38 PM

Bowden on the 2011 Tigers

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Bowden on the 2011 Tigers

Oct 13, 2011, 3:46 PM

He played one stinking game against Pennington yet acts like he dogged him for four years.

CTB you're a good guy but your glib one liners and inability to do anything but finesse football make me glad you're gone from CU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He still doesn't get it.

Oct 13, 2011, 3:47 PM

It's not Sammy Watkins. It wasn't James Davis. It wasn't CJ Spiller. It wasn't Charlie Whitehurst.

It's the team, and playing as a team. Chad Morris and Kevin Steele understand that. I think Dabo understands that. Tommy never did. He thought if he could field a team of great players the wins would come. That's not how it works I don't care how good the players you have are.

This coaching staff could win the ACCC with Bowden's players from most years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He still doesn't get it.

Oct 13, 2011, 8:17 PM

EXACTLY LIKE OUR MOTTO THIS YR. "ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM, ONE CLEMSON" IE everyone and I mean everyone working for the same goal.Not that they in the past were not working for the same goal but this team is not only doing that but everyone is as a whole unit as one.

Oct 14, 2011, 8:27 AM [ in reply to He still doesn't get it. ]

thats the way his daddy did it so it has to be right...

get enough great talent and nothing matters..

the only thing about that is even though I love my alma mater and think Clemson is the best its gonna be hard to get the best talent in the country with our recruiting footprint.

We need good talent and great coaching if we are gonna win big time.

Oct 15, 2011, 1:37 PM

"In our recruiting footprint?" Are you kidding me?

Clemson is surrounded by great talent. Texas is as big as the entire southeast. What does it matter if we're a small state - recruiting is done in a 500 mile radius no matter where you are; our 500 miles is pretty fertile.

Dabo could "very easily" win them all, but the best TB

Oct 13, 2011, 3:49 PM

could do was lose 3 games in a season......with 10 chances

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2011, 3:54 PM

Tommy is still laughing at us. If anyone read all of the article, he says he still has 3 years left of Clemson pay out.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/qa_with_former_clemson_coach_t.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite

Oct 13, 2011, 3:57 PM

"Sammy Watkins is terrific. If I had Sammy Watkins, I'd still be there. "

I don't like his demeanor in this article at all.

Oct 13, 2011, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Bowden on the 2011 Tigers ]

I liked TB, but dang man, don't sulk in your lack of success. Be happy that we are moving foward and have a bright future of the program.

Oct 13, 2011, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Bowden on the 2011 Tigers ]

I didn't read that as "laughing at us", I just read it as he doesn't have to worry about financials for a while. #### our administration for not letting him go to Arkansas. But then again, Dabo wouldn't have gotten the nod back then.

Which begs the question... There were so many people on here that were critical of TDP for his decision to hire Dabo, but I haven't seen anybody say recently that maybe he saw something that the rest of us didn't see. Could be the blind hog and the acorn, but methinks TDP knew it all along.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

16 posts and nobody mentions once...

Oct 13, 2011, 6:38 PM

...that the guy is STILL making excuses for not winning?

"If I had Sammy Watkins... If I didn't have to face so and so..."

For most of his tenure, I wasn't a fan of Tommy Bowden as a coach. He's been very classy since he's left, though. I just can't believe some of the things that come out of the guy's mouth.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 16 posts and nobody mentions once...

Oct 14, 2011, 8:28 AM

its not as though he didn't have CJ Spiller..

Sound a bit defensive there TB

Oct 13, 2011, 4:42 PM

Don't say we're doing good because we happen to not be going up against tough opponents. We've had talent on this team as well. I like you TB, but don't try to trivialize what the team has done. They've come together as a team with a winning attitude which results in wins. Pure and simple.

Ain't this a gem:

Oct 13, 2011, 4:43 PM

You're a Harris Poll voter this year. What does the top of your ballot look like this week?

"LSU, Alabama,... LSU is just a little bit stronger defensively than Alabama. So with Alabama having a better offense, LSU with a better defense, you win championships with defense and who won last year? LSU won last year. So that's how I made my decision on that." (Note: Actually, Alabama ranks ahead of LSU in scoring defense, total defense, rushing defense, passing defense and pass efficiency defense.)

And he get's paid to be a part of the media?

Oct 13, 2011, 4:50 PM

I sense some jealousy from Bowden. Dabo is doing something he couldn't. For one was firing two OC's. Two is winning.

Oct 15, 2011, 9:03 AM

And three is winning the Atlantic Division and getting to the ACC Championship game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something's never change.

Oct 13, 2011, 4:55 PM

He's still pissin' Tigers off every time he opens his mouth.

Oct 13, 2011, 6:19 PM

Best quote in the article, "I'm using words that I don't even know if they're words. I used 'physicality' the other day for the first time. Don't know what it means."

Yes, we know you don't know what it means....we had to find out for too many years that you don't know what it means.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/qa_with_former_clemson_coach_t.html

Oct 13, 2011, 6:20 PM

Sounds like the comments Favre made about Aaron Rodgers. Talk about sour grapes. Classless comments from a classless individual.

we were just two plays away

Oct 13, 2011, 6:52 PM

If tammy would have fired spence,............what did Dabo do with napier........oh he made a move and we are what 4,5, or yeah 6 and 0

DABO SAID

Oct 13, 2011, 8:19 PM

Unlike past with Tommy at end of a let down year DABO SAID HE WILL FIX IT. NOT THE TEAM (THEY KNOW WHAT HAD TO BE DONE TO FIX IT) BUT DABO SAID HE WOULD PERSONALLY FIX IT AND HE DID BY CLEANING UP IN AREAS THAT HAD TO BE CLEANED UP.

Regarding Bowden's opinion: "We don't giveva crap."***

Oct 13, 2011, 7:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

"If I had Sammy Watkins, I'd still be there." And so would

Oct 13, 2011, 8:23 PM

Rob Spence...thereby negating any "Sammy effect" ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

DAYUM - I used to respect the man........

Oct 13, 2011, 8:30 PM

what an egotistical beyotch

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, I suppose a lame excuse is better than none at all.***

Oct 14, 2011, 4:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy always had a way with excuses***

Oct 15, 2011, 9:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2011, 12:22 AM

Deer in the headlights look and clueless.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic