Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Aiken Prowl N Growl Notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Aiken Prowl N Growl Notes

Apr 26, 2017, 4:59 AM

No Dabo and not nearly the same without him.

Brent Venables synopsis on defense: Safety most improved position this Spring and he sounded very confident in a deep group. He raved for a long time about Isaiah Simmons and his skyward projection and how he is going to turn heads in the fall. Scott and Elliot made it sound like this is the best defense they've ever had to face. Venables biggest concern was CB depth. He stated we have two consistent and reliable CBs in Ryan Carter and Marcus Edmund but others have to still make next step to add depth. Mullen has been up and down and Fields sidelined a lot by foot injury. He is hoping Aj Terrell plays a big role this fall. Sounds like a playmaker at CB is a must this upcoming recruiting class.

Jeff Scott asked about stealing Higgins and Rogers from TN and gave some good stories on how we ransacked the Volunteer state.

Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott asked about last 2:01 of game. Elliot is probably the smartest coach I've ever heard talk and his in depth dissection of reading all Bamas d formations and manipulating our offense and tendencies to throw off Bamas D got a huge ovation. He sounds like a mad scientist genius dissecting the game. Jeff Scott called Orange Crush and Elliot changed formation around to throw Bama off, said when they saw where DBs lined up they knew they had a TD.

Don Munson gave his actual cellphone number to the crowd.

Brad Brownwell just went into how luck was against him this year in many close losses. Blamed players making plays on season and said you can make the most genius plays but your players have to execute.

Questions were screened this year and asked by Munson. I'm guessing to not be to awkward with Brownwell there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the summary

Apr 26, 2017, 6:51 AM

But, please no mad scientist references when talking about the offensive coordinator. Makes me feel very squeamish.

Sorry would edit the post if I could

Apr 26, 2017, 7:35 AM

just felt like listening to the Einstein of football.

Re: Aiken Prowl N Growl Notes

Apr 26, 2017, 7:40 AM

Oh gmafb "Brad Brownwell just went into how luck was against him this year in many close losses. Blamed players making plays on season and said you can make the most genius plays but your players have to execute." I spoke with someone there and that isnt even close to accurate.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 26, 2017, 8:06 AM

I was there and the OP's message about Brownell is indeed not accurate. Brownell did not "blame players." He said that even if a coach draws up a play that gets a player a wide open shot and the shot is missed, you can lose. He went on to say that if the coach draws up a play that doesn't work and a player makes an impossible shot to win, then the coach looks good. All of this was in the context of how football has been successful because of great recruiting and basketball needs some of that. One of the better stories along this line was Jeff Scott saying that the best advice he ever got from his dad was on how to be recognized as a great position coach (e.g., wide receiver U) is to recruit great players to your position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aiken Prowl N Growl Notes***

Apr 26, 2017, 12:46 PM

Apr 26, 2017, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Aiken Prowl N Growl Notes ]

Brad did say what he was missing was Watson lol. Got a chuckle out of most there.

Apr 26, 2017, 9:22 AM

Why no Dabo? He didn't come to Charleston because of his son's Senior baseball night.

Apr 26, 2017, 9:34 AM

I don't know what Dabo's conflict was, but the conflict was relayed immediately. Aiken Tech wasn't available on the alternate date. I enjoyed hearing from Venables, Scott, and Elliott. I also disagree with the op's characterization of Brownell blaming his players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't say anything as brazen as the reason we stunk was

Apr 26, 2017, 9:56 AM

because our players stunk but he talked in length about the reason for all the close losses being players not making plays. He just didn't seem to take any of the blame for 8 years of losing basketball. I guess one can hear what they wish though.

Apr 26, 2017, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Aiken Prowl N Growl Notes ]

I don't remember the schedule conflict he had, but we in the Aiken area were informed by the original announcement that Dabo would not be there. If I understand the Charleston situation correctly (and I may not), Dabo was supposed to come, but a rain-out and re-scheduling of his son's game was the problem.

Apr 26, 2017, 10:42 AM

Someone mentioned to me that Dabo was at his son's playoff game last night , which was actually in Aiken-N Augusta High

Apr 26, 2017, 12:48 PM

NA won with a no hitter 10 - 0 that was stopped. Dabo was there.

What about Kavon Wallace at cb? I thought he was balling out***

Apr 26, 2017, 10:55 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about Kavon Wallace at cb? I thought he was balling out***

Apr 26, 2017, 12:49 PM

Brent did mention his play also.

Let's refrain from calling a coach a "mad scientist."

Apr 26, 2017, 12:56 PM

That didn't work out well before.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Agreed

Apr 26, 2017, 2:17 PM

Spence was "mad" but no scientist.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic