Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kamara news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Kamara news

Jan 21, 2014, 12:47 PM

If word is true that he is coming by NCAA rules if he does transfer he must sit out one year, and since he redshirted there, he will still have four years to play which gives him one full year to practice in Chads system in 2014 then play in 2015; and it also give the team a chance to search for other positions instead for runningback with 2 redshirts now an maybe 2 redshirts next year an if not mistaken we I have 1 back already for 2015 I really see no needs for backs in 2015 or 2016 unless only taking one

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many talented and hard working RBs is a good problem.

Jan 21, 2014, 12:55 PM

From Kamara's perspective, if he doesn't feel he can compete for playing time he may want to go elsewhere. The kid is thinking through all this right now. When we works through it he'll make a decision.

Right now I think Clemson is in the driver's seat because we had a starter who played unchallenged last season. HotRod is gone so the position is more open for everyone. Nobody was going to beat Ellington our of the job when he became a senior and nobody could beat HotRod either.

Kamara has a year of D1 work under his belt. That and a waiver puts him equal to almost every RB on the squad.

Ultimately, that's why I think it's likely he'll choose Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't he only have 3 years after he sits out this year?

Jan 21, 2014, 12:58 PM

Isn't the old saying "5 years to play 4?"

Or is this like the Chris Weinke thing at FSU and since he hasn't actually started playing he still has 4?

Just wondering if since he RS that set the 5 years in motion.

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 years of eligibility

Jan 21, 2014, 1:00 PM

but probably won't matter. He could be gone after playing 1 year because he would be eligible for the draft after 2015

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Unless some type of NCAA waiver is granted.....

Jan 21, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Wouldn't he only have 3 years after he sits out this year? ]

all players have five years to play four.

In Karmara's case;

He redshirted in 2013. Unless some type of NCAA waiver is granted, transfer rules would require that he sit-out the 2014 season which would make him eligible to play in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That's what I'm thinking as well.***

Jan 21, 2014, 1:11 PM

thats correct***

Jan 21, 2014, 1:27 PM

Re: Wouldn't he only have 3 years after he sits out this year?

Jan 21, 2014, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Wouldn't he only have 3 years after he sits out this year? ]

His first year was this year at Bama where he red shirted. He will have to sit a year and will have three years left to play unless he goes pro early.

what this guy said***

Jan 21, 2014, 1:26 PM

Also there are no RBs in 2015 that the coaches are

Jan 21, 2014, 12:59 PM

salivating over. Not yet anyways. They're high on a kid for 2016. Bringing in Kamara makes a very nice bridge.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

He wouldn't have to sit a year if he majors in something..

Jan 21, 2014, 2:35 PM

here that Alabama doesn't offer. If he majors in something here that bama does offer then he has to sit

That's just for masters degrees, not bachelors.***

Jan 21, 2014, 2:48 PM

Oh ok. Well how did Russell Wilson not have to sit at Wisc?****

Jan 21, 2014, 3:03 PM

grad student***

Jan 21, 2014, 3:06 PM

Ah i was thinking he played his senior year at Wisc. Didnt

Jan 21, 2014, 3:12 PM

realize he was a 5th year guy

He was a redshirt at NC State in 2007

Jan 21, 2014, 3:46 PM

He actually graduated after his Junior year in May of 2010 with a degree in Communications. He was taking graduate-level business courses in the fall semester during the 2010 football season.

However, in early 2011, Wilson announced that he would planned to report to spring training with the Colorado Rockies. As a result he would miss most if not all of Spring conditioning at NC State which infuriated Tom O'Brien.

Consequently, O'Brien granted Wilson a release from his football scholarship with one year of eligibility remaining. It was at this point that Wilson transferred to Wisconsin to complete his graduate studies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Kamara news

Jan 21, 2014, 3:46 PM

Biggest thing is he is good and will contribute whether it is 2 or 3 or 4 years doesn;t matter

Big news should he choose Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic