Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Cheap tickets still available for Orange Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Football Update: Cheap tickets still available for Orange Bowl

Jan 4, 2012, 10:57 AM

Cheap tickets still available for Orange Bowl

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

StubHub Sales..

Jan 4, 2012, 11:15 AM

StubHub sales have picked up...there were over 4k on the market a few weeks ago...now down to 800...not bad

Re: Football Update: Cheap tickets still available for Orange Bowl

Jan 4, 2012, 1:33 PM

Guys let me just waste a few seconds of your time by saying this. I have been a loyal Clemson fan for 49 years, and I do LOVE Clemson. Since I have become seriously disable about Six years of tears ago. College FB has become a very big biggy for me. I have become 10 times more knowledgeable of our history and our tradition. And I really can't get enough of Clemson FB, Baseball, BB, and golf. I go to as many FB games as I'm able and can afford to go to. But if I was a healthy RICH man. There is no way in heaven or h&ll, that I would pay 4k for a seat at any level for any game. That is taking advantage of peoples compassion for the sport, and their allegiance to their teams. That is just crazy, and overwhelmingly stupid for renting a seat for just a few hours....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were as cheap as $9.00 for last night's Sugar Bowl.***

Jan 4, 2012, 1:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did anybody else read this??

Jan 4, 2012, 1:58 PM

"Probably most importantly, Clemson and West Virginia don’t have the deep and devoted fan bases of past Orange Bowl stand-outs, such as Iowa in 2010 and Penn State in 2006."

Seriously?? He's blaming it on this . . . what a freakin idiot. I don't think I've ever read something more insulting from a professional journalist.

Agreed...my comment:

Jan 4, 2012, 2:16 PM

Clemson and WVU both have very large fanbases and will both have a lot of fans in the stands. Sure, there were tickets for $11 (now it's minimum of $22) but that is only a handful of the 652 on stubhub. And the 652 on stubhub represents 0.9% of the total number of seats (not even noticable on TV).

The reason it is not a sell out (which it almost is if you don't include the school allotments) is because the game is on a freaking Wednesday. The middle of the school and workweek.The reason for the lack of tickets sold by each school is because tickets can be had from much cheaper places (see stubhub) than the schools, which are forced to sell them for the way overpriced rates the OB sets.
The reason tickets are so cheap on stubhub today is because the game starts less than 24 hours from when this article was written.

The reason tickets were so much cheaper on stubhub back when fans chose not to buy from their schools is because the OB gives tickets to their many sponsors, and those sponsors pass the tickets to their many employees for free. These free tickets become a revenue source to the people and selling them for less than face value guarantees a sale and makes them money because nothing was invested in the ticket on their end.

The system is flawed: schools are screwed into paying for unsold tickets, fans that work and go to school during the week can't go, and writers like you blame it on the fan bases.

Excellent synopsis of the BCS/ESPN travesty. +1***

Jan 4, 2012, 2:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson isn't as deep because Iowa's enrollment

Jan 4, 2012, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Did anybody else read this?? ]

is over 30,000. I'm sure we're just as devoted. Iowa has more students and alumni. WVU's enrollment is close to Iowa's though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Find me an $11 plane ticket and I'll go!***

Jan 4, 2012, 3:21 PM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic