Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC had an unreal atmosphere sat night that had the team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

SC had an unreal atmosphere sat night that had the team

Oct 7, 2012, 11:19 PM

jacked up. We need to have that same atmosphere vs SC this year. That is a huge advantage for the home team when the atmosphere is that great. The road team has a very hard time dealing with it. We need to be unreal loud from opening KO. I hope gameday is there as that will help a lot, but seeing the last 3 years, we should have no problem getting unreal loud. Clemson is one of the best atmospheres in the country and we need to bring it the rest of the year, we want to win out, we need to bring it at every home game to help the team be jacked for every game. The crowd is a HUGE advantage

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is one reason i hope it is a night game..

Oct 7, 2012, 11:20 PM

crowd can be very electric during the day time.see the miami game.but night games tend to wake people up and have them fired up for some reason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that is one reason i hope it is a night game..

Oct 7, 2012, 11:26 PM

i believe the usuc game is our only chance of having a night game this season. and i couldn't agree more that i would like for it to be one. and after the lovefest usuc is getting on espn, if both win out until we play each other, i see no way gameday isn't there. i really hope it plays out that way too b/c giving the coots their only regular season loss would be the sweetest revenge for the past 3 years.

The reason everyone is fired up for night games = alcohol***

Oct 8, 2012, 8:59 AM [ in reply to that is one reason i hope it is a night game.. ]

I was'nt going to go there with all of the praise being

Oct 7, 2012, 11:22 PM

heaped on them here today, but i was a wee bit jealous when their atmosphere was showcased just before the teams came out. We need that energy so bad.

We have had that energy and more for over 100 years….

Oct 8, 2012, 12:43 AM

not just for one game over a 100 year period

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have had that energy and more for over 100 years….

Oct 8, 2012, 12:27 PM

LOL...not even close to that environment for 95% of your games. Been to Clemson many, many times and have yet to see even ONE that would rival last Sat. night in Williams Brice, but believe what you want.

Who are you trying to convince?

Oct 8, 2012, 12:52 PM

Sounds like yourself.

Oh please, Clemson has had many nights just as crazy

Oct 8, 2012, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: We have had that energy and more for over 100 years…. ]

and loud... and on the other hand, South Carolina has had games before with half-empty upper decks and a flat crowd.

GO TIGERS

Re: Oh please, Clemson has had many nights just as crazy

Oct 8, 2012, 12:57 PM

Kinda like the 2nd half the last time you played the ##### at home?

Re: We have had that energy and more for over 100 years….

Oct 8, 2012, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: We have had that energy and more for over 100 years…. ]

Recent memory: Clemson vs. Miami 3OT game that was the loudest in history at the time. FSU night game around that same time where we tore the goal posts down and carried them all across town. Shoot, Clemson vs. Auburn and Clemson vs. FSU just last year were about as close as you can get for a non-College Game Day daytime game. Don't kid yourself and expect a wild atmosphere this November.

Re: SC had an unreal atmosphere sat night that had the team

Oct 7, 2012, 11:32 PM

It's going to be very hard for us to have that type of atmosphere when the coot come to our House. I say this b/c the last time we played them in our House. The stadium was loaded with coots all over the place where Tigers had sold their tickets to coots just to make them selves a few dollars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC had an unreal atmosphere sat night that had the team

Oct 8, 2012, 12:07 AM

Boy. That was sickening. Stayed for the whole show. It realy turned ugly at the end, when alot of the CU fans left.

It was good for me though....made me hate Carolina even more.

Go Tigers.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were you @ the game this weekend?

Oct 8, 2012, 1:03 AM

When GT had the ball just before the safety, DV was deafening. Like FSU last year.

Re: Were you @ the game this weekend?

Oct 8, 2012, 1:17 AM

Other than that 20 minute window of us scoring, them fumbling kick off, then the safety, I was thoroughly disappointed in DV Saturday. GT is our 2nd biggest game, IMO, and there were times you could hear a pin drop, and we were on defense! I felt, even when they came down the hill, the entire stadium was flat, players included.

Luckily, we all showed up when it mattered and pulled it off. I've been at GT for 5 years now, and since then have seen my Tigers lose heartbreakers year in and year out. Never been so relieved and happy after a football game. Great win!

Go Tigers!!

I don't care who you are, where you're playing, or who

Oct 8, 2012, 2:09 AM

you're playing, if the defense can't convince the home crowd that it is capable of playing consistently and stopping the run, you'll never get a consistently loud crowd.

Agreed....It's always important to get the crowd into the

Oct 8, 2012, 8:26 AM

game from the beginning and try to keep them in it. That's why I've never been a fan of deferring and like launching an immediate attack. It can accomplish two things: keep the home crowd into the game and put your opponents in a position of having to catch-up. That then becomes a tremendous psychological advantage to the team and fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I too

Oct 8, 2012, 8:53 AM

Was impressed / jealous of the energy and excitement that the coots showed. I personally think it has a lot to do with their music/sound guy, they white towels, and the cheer leaders on the sidelines with micro (not mega) phones. Our crowd needs something other than the play on the field to get us in it. We should pump up the players, not the other way around. Some d bag actually told my wife to sit down Saturday, because"this isn't the student section". I wish I could've been there at that time.....fans like that are a problem.

our crowd is fine at night

Oct 8, 2012, 1:01 PM

just kinda sucks that all our games are at noon

THIS IS WHY DEATH VALLEY NEEDS MORE NIGHT GAMES

Oct 8, 2012, 12:58 PM

period

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic