Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feaster and ETN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,983

Feaster and ETN

Sep 18, 2017, 1:49 PM

From what I have seen so far this season, I feel that Feaster has done enough to win the starting job based on on-field performance. His confidence is growing with every carry. I feel that he will be a big time back. ETN reminds me of the kind of running backs that you're used to seeing come out of LSU, Alabama, and Georgia. His lower body is especially similar. He is also going to be a stud!

While I have been very impressed with Kelly Bryant and the offense so far, I am seeing the need to for a more powerful run game in order to win it all again. Kelly needs that for the Alabamas and Fsus out there. His passing game while much improved needs work with the high passes on short routes, and the high passes on tunnel screens are throwing the timing off badly. These dink and dunk pass plays have been a glorified part of our running game for a while now. He does seem to start settling in on those throws the longer he plays in a game, so that is good.

I say that to say this, he will be a much more lethal weapon with his arm and legs if opposing defenses are having to legitimately respect and game plan for our run game from the backs. He has done an admirable job overall so far without a lot of help from our committee of back in critical moments.

What I saw in the Louisville game was the first step in that direction, and I believe that by season's end, that Feaster/TEN will be a combo similar to a Fournette/Guice or a McFadden/Jones. Not that they necessarily remind me of those guys, but I'm saying that they will be that powerful running back force that opponents will lose sleep over.

I think that Fuller and Choice are good backs and at this point probably block better, but you can just see the talent gap when the ball is in their hands. I think the coaches have done a great job of easing the young guys in, but I think we began to see them take much larger roles Saturday night. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feaster and ETN

Sep 18, 2017, 2:47 PM

Absolutely, I feel ETN though isn't in the running for top guy yet. I think a lot of times he faces a more tired defense and shines through because he is extremely talented. Feaster is my #1 but I can't say there's a lack of production at RB by any means. Fuller and choice wear down the inside quite well and Fuller has great hands. They all have more than 1 TD I believe and seeing as there's 4, and only 3 games have been played, that's an impressive statement.

Agreed, and this is an excellent situation to be in...

Sep 18, 2017, 2:54 PM

I agree with the OP that ETN and Feaster seem to have that "x" factor about them that doesn't seem to be there with Choice / Fuller. However, those two guys Choice / Fuller are very serviceable backs that can do a lot of the dirty work to set up the break away speed of the other two (or the downfield shots to Renfrow / Cain). I wold like to see them all continue to play this way and this well the entire season.

All this in addition to KB who is just as good a runner as any of the RBs, in addition to the east / west game Ray Ray brings with the sweeps.

It's insane and I've never seen anything quite like this in my time following the Tigers.

Message was edited by: francismariontiger®

Feaster needs to up his game in pass pro

Sep 18, 2017, 3:00 PM

He absolutely whiffed on one and got KB sacked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

So did Fuller.***

Sep 18, 2017, 3:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Feaster needs to up his game in pass pro

Sep 18, 2017, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Feaster needs to up his game in pass pro ]

Yes I saw that. I've also seen him hold up in pass pro quite well. The issue that has to be weighed is this, which is going to serve Kelly Bryant and the offense better, a slight drop off in blocking (maybe) or an upgrade in the run game. Good pass pro is extremely important, but it is also very important to take the pressure off of KB with a more efficient running attack. Tough choice, but I've seen enough to lean toward Feaster.

Taking what the defense gives us

Sep 18, 2017, 6:32 PM

seems that the coaches are playing the back,that gives us the best chance with what the defense gives us __ Kelly didn't run much by design Sat. ( mostly when needed on 3rd down scrambles )-- we ran Fuller / Choice when we need xtra time (blocking) for a deep throw -- Feaster,when we needed to"grind out yardage & manage clock -- ETN is ""lightning fast"" and scored on a busted play ( ran the wrong route ) -- seems the ""committee"" idea,is working so far,plus we have a fresh back in the game against tired defenses __ we are 3-0 __ Go Tigers !!!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,983
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic