Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So... uh... this offseason is not going well
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

So... uh... this offseason is not going well

Jun 25, 2015, 10:44 AM

First of all, let me point out that all three of the guys we recruited from NY over the last 5-10 years have either been kicked off the team or left the team before they were supposed to. Not sure if there's a culture shock thing or a too far from home thing going on, but if that's just a coincidence, it's an odd one.

Second, I thought Battle was one of the more important pieces for the team this coming year. LT is an incredibly important position, and there's nobody with any experience playing behind him. The other experienced tackle hasn't looked very good yet, and really doesn't have a ton of experience. The mange is convinced that a true freshman is going to start and be better than Battle, but even if he's really good, he's going to make the kinds of freshman mistakes that can cost you games.

Now people are saying that our starting TE (Leggett) and one of our experienced WRs (Hopper) are having grade issues. What's going on with these guys that they can't stay focused when there's so much potential for this year and next year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the problem is, is that we, as fans, have not been focused

Jun 25, 2015, 10:47 AM

we really have been looking forward to the new season and not taking care of the day to day business of putting the milk in the freezer.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Losing Battle will hurt, no doubt

Jun 25, 2015, 10:48 AM

No one really behind him. Hopefully Hyatt is as good as advertised, but as you said he will make some mistakes.

Losing Leggett and Hopper hurts a lot less since we have some depth at both of those spots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Losing Battle dropped us from #108 to 113 in OL experience

Jun 25, 2015, 12:53 PM

Could be an interesting year.

I hate when mange trash gets booted into here***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: I hate when mange trash gets booted into here***

Jun 25, 2015, 11:37 AM

I hate wolfpack fans, especially teh ones that do the wolf sign with their hand and I am pretty ### sure you do that at every home game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Debo may have a drug problem in the lockerroom***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:50 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Hasn't Hopper had a tough time in the classroom all along?

Jun 25, 2015, 10:52 AM

Seems he was in the dog house for something. Leggett has also been labeled at lazy. But of Legget can't go, TE is suddenly a bad spot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopper has had a tough time with grades, and on the field

Jun 25, 2015, 10:55 AM

If memory serves, he is a high talent reciever with bricks for hands...first year was great, but he seemed to constantly drop the ball last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lack of senior leaders to keep em straight in the offseason

Jun 25, 2015, 10:55 AM

could be a factor, but I don't think any of this is too unusual. Maybe a little more than our recent average but we got lucky with injuries in the spring so maybe it's just balancing out.

Obviously Battle, Ebo and Lakip would all be big contributors, but on the other hand none of them had been consistently solid on the field (yet).

If you had penciled in that this was 'THE YEAR', then it's probably not looking so good.

But, we have lots of talent, a good schedule and can probably still string together a bunch of wins. Unless #4 stays hurt, then we will suck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

I would say losing your only LT with experience...

Jun 25, 2015, 11:21 AM

is pretty freaking bad. Battle being gone is a way bigger deal than losing a backup DE who had barely played and an inconsistent kicker. While he wasn't yet all-conference material, he had started for more than 2 years and been very good at times.

Also, having a freshman LT with no scholarship backups might have something to do with #4 staying healthy.

Agreed. Lakip with the bonehead move, and not sure what

Jun 25, 2015, 11:34 AM

Battle is thinking. Although I heard he has a kid due in a couple of weeks, so maybe that's it - although a solid season for him would almost certainly boost his stock/potential earnings.

I've heard that Hopper's grades are "OK" - take this with a grain of salt, no hard evidence for this. Not heard anything about Legget.

I guess this is what it's like for UGA fans every year.

I'm calmer than you are man!!!

Jun 25, 2015, 11:49 AM

http://youtu.be/P5VT-ofxdh4.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic