Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one that thinks the loss yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Am I the only one that thinks the loss yesterday

Nov 13, 2016, 9:29 PM

Am I the only one that thinks the loss yesterday might have been better than a win? I know us as fans would rather want the win and still be undeafeted and be at 10-0. However, did anyone seem to think that the reason we have been playing like this all year is because of the pressure. This 2016 team had big shoes to fill compare to the 2015 team. All the hype has surrounded them week after week. It finally caught up to us. Now we can start to play like CLEMSON. No more pressure. If we lose another game before the playoffs, it will be because we beat ourselves, not because the other team was better. No more streaks, no more pressure, no more excuses. If we had to lose a game, this weekend was the perfect time. Live up to the potential and play like we know how to. It's your choice.

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand where you're coming from and I've had that

Nov 13, 2016, 9:38 PM

thought before, but in a way there is more pressure now. We must beat Wake just to get to the ACCCG and that's not a given. I've always thought we could make the playoff with one loss, but now we have the loss and we'll just have to see. One more loss and that's it. I don't think the pressure got to us Saturday. Pitt took it too us and we answered and were on top by 8 and going in for a 15 point lead with five minutes to go. The play call was bad and the worst possible thing happened costing us the game. Still, after all that, we had a chance to simply make one yard in our own stadium on two different plays and we couldn't do it.

As for the defense, they held Pitt to 7 points for the second half up until the interception happened.

Nothing wrong with the playcall. The execution

Nov 13, 2016, 9:45 PM

failed miserably. It's easy to look back on anyfailed play and blame the playcall, but we moved the ball nearly at will through the air and were getting stoned in the run. The playcall was fine, but throwing into triple coverage doomed us before it left his hand.

But with DW being turnover proned this year, I wouldn't

Nov 13, 2016, 9:47 PM

have put it in his hands right there, unless it was a fade to Mike which is safe.

I'm seriously wondering - who is responsible for TDs

Nov 13, 2016, 9:50 PM

Watson or the entire #### program? Whatchu think, ####?

Call me a Coot all you want, but if you think we should've

Nov 13, 2016, 9:53 PM

been throwing instead of running there to protect the ball after the problems we've had with turnovers then you're as clueless as the playcallers. We could've thrown fade or run the ball and kicked the FG to win that game.

And on 3rd and 4th we should've been throwing too. Idk anyone who really thought we could run on them. And if you did, then you weren't watching the game or you're delusional.

I didn't call you a coot, ####.

Nov 13, 2016, 9:57 PM

But at least you've already resigned yourself to a loss at Clemson..so at least you have that.

I love it when someone so intellectually inept has to resort

Nov 13, 2016, 10:00 PM

to accusing others of being Coots, #####, whatever just because they don't know enough about FB to present a half decent argument. No smarter than you are, sure you aren't a Coot? Are you the guy that messed up my order at Wendy's the other day?

My word you're dumb.***

Nov 13, 2016, 10:08 PM

Great argument!!! And here I thought you were incapable

Nov 13, 2016, 10:20 PM

of justifying anything!

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the loss yesterday

Nov 13, 2016, 9:40 PM

Yes and no. I think it goes both ways...

Why it's good- Hopefully lights a fire under our guys' a$$es- makes us focus and not take winning for granted.

Why it's bad- No more mulligans for us. Can't get nipped by Wake or, heaven forbid, the chicken squad. Must go 3-0 to make the CFP.

Just my 2 cents.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would've thought this would spark us before I got home

Nov 13, 2016, 9:42 PM

from the game and saw that our leader shrugged it off to just being a game. And then your HC says he's gonna "flush it".

We've had enough close calls to spark this team to get it together. The problem is, they don't believe they can be dominant, or they wouldn't be so cheerful after a close win against NCST and praise themselves as "knowing how to win".

We have out-talented so many people the last two years, and frankly, last year's team would've physically dominated this years bunch because of a candy a$$ attitude that winning is winning no matter how you do it and it's all the same.

Go on and everyone flame me, but ask yourself if you really see a kick a$$ championship attitude from this team.

Bentley will be lucky to finish the game in the Valley

Nov 13, 2016, 9:47 PM

, and you'll be lucky to score more than 10 points. Would that be kick a$$ enough for you?

If we hold SCar to 10pts and absolutely dominate them then

Nov 13, 2016, 9:51 PM

yes that will be great. I want us to do it to WF, too. But all year I've kept thinking that this is where we wake up. We follow up a blowout to Syracuse with that crap that was last night. We can line up 10 times with Bama and beat them 5 times. But the problem is we can line up Syracuse, Pitt, WF, etc. 10 times and lose 5 of those the way we live on the edge all the time.

Agreed!

Nov 13, 2016, 9:50 PM [ in reply to I would've thought this would spark us before I got home ]

I Agree! You said it best... This team just does not show the defensive power the last two teams have shown consistently. Our guys bounce off of tackles much too often and our secondary and linebackers allow too many open receivers out of the back field.

Your head coach or Our Head Coach??? Busted***

Nov 13, 2016, 10:00 PM [ in reply to I would've thought this would spark us before I got home ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your head coach or Our Head Coach??? Busted***

Nov 13, 2016, 10:03 PM

You're welcome to read through my history from this season and let me know if you think I'm a Coot or not. If I were a Coot, I'd be on FGF right now making excuses for why Bentley didn't look good yesterday and why he should be in the Heisman race.

Your pulse save me the time***

Nov 13, 2016, 10:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah the pulse goes down when you don't agree with idiots

Nov 13, 2016, 10:19 PM

who blame refs or don't look at the facts in front of them when they make silly predictions based on how we'll do. Hardly anything said on here is ever rooted in fact and so when I call people out on it, they have nothing to argue with except their blind faith, so they just TD me.

Your pulse goes down when you're a dumb ####

Nov 13, 2016, 10:23 PM

doing a poor job pretending you're a Tiger fan. It's really not a difficult concept.

Are capable yet of justifying the playcalling in the 4thQ or

Nov 13, 2016, 10:27 PM

just gonna keep bashing me? You're just mad that I can look at the end of the game objectively for the awful playcalling it was and you can't say otherwise.

I don't need to justify anything and that certainly

Nov 13, 2016, 10:29 PM

includes the fact you're a #### fan and you're dumb. Not sure why you're struggling so much with this. Maybe 'cause you're dumb?

I looked through your history and clearly all you can do is

Nov 13, 2016, 10:38 PM

bash people personally when they don't see it your way. People like you seriously need a clue. If I was a Coot, then it'd be pretty sad that I watched the game as closely as I did from Section HKK and can actually break everything down better than you can.

FACT- DW has struggle in the redzone this year.
FACT- He'd already thrown two picks
FACT- We ran a rollout which shrinks throwing lanes from inside the 10yd line where the lanes are already shrunk.
FACT- A FG there puts us up 2 scores and that's why I would've been safe with fades and runs.
FACT- We snapped the ball on the last drive the first two plays with 25-29secs on the playclock as the game clock was still running.
FACT- Had we managed the clock at all the last drive, we could've punted to them with around 40secs left and no TOs.
FACT- We couldn't run all day, so we decided to go heavy and take the ball off the LOS TWICE to gain 1yd.
FACT- Game on the line, you run your best play which had been the pass, but we chose to run... the same play AGAIN!

Would like to present any FACTS as to why the playcalling was so great? Everything I just listed went through my head as the game unfolded, as it did a lot of people except Dabo, Tony, and Jeff apparently. It's not like it's that hard to figure this stuff out when you have 3 previous quarters of evidence as to why the playcalling should've been different.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic