Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Gainesville raising money for massive Deshaun Watson banner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,288

FB Update: Gainesville raising money for massive Deshaun Watson banner

Jan 26, 2017, 9:16 AM

Gainesville raising money for massive Deshaun Watson banner

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Gainesville raising money for massive Deshaun Watson banner

Jan 26, 2017, 10:07 AM

Very nice. They are very proud of him and should be. He is an exceptional young man

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2017, 10:17 AM
IMG_0524.PNG(159.6 K)

They lost me at "temporary tribute banner". ??

Jan 26, 2017, 10:20 AM
IMG_0525.PNG(121.9 K)

$5000 for a banner that isn't even staying on the building permanently? Who is coming out of Gainesville that is going to shine brighter? No one. They should paint the whole side of the building with his face... FOREVER. :)

Totally Agree - temporary?

Jan 26, 2017, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gainesville raising money for massive Deshaun Watson banner ]

What the #### is temporary? How temporary. Think I'll send them my two cents on the matter of temporary? He!! they ought to build an entire park in his honor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we have a park in Clemson celebrating the 1981 Champs?

Jan 26, 2017, 12:21 PM

Great that a Bulldog town would celebrate DeShaun with the banner and street name since he spurned the Dawgs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2017, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gainesville raising money for massive Deshaun Watson banner ]

Im a native of Gainesville and also a grad of Gainesville High School. We are extremely proud of DeShaun and appreciate how he stays true to and reps his home town. This banner may be temporary, but rest assured this won't be the only tribute. It's been confirmed that a resolution will be presented at an upcoming city council meeting to name one of the streets near the high school " DeShaun Watson Drive". It'll be a slam dunk with ZERO opposition.

Agreed. Perm Please

Jan 26, 2017, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gainesville raising money for massive Deshaun Watson banner ]

If they were doing something permanent, like a mural or a statue, i would def. contribute.

I know they're planning on doing the street-naming, but... statue would be cool still and i think he deserves it.

Re: Agreed. Perm Please

Jan 27, 2017, 10:24 PM

Agreed and I said the same thing... but with statues, you're looking at $20-$50k.

Jan 27, 2017, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Gainesville raising money for massive Deshaun Watson banner ]

My name is Joey Summer. I, along with my friends, are running this project. I've read all the comments, and I understand the concerns. We want the banner to be placed at that location long-term, but we are at the mercy of the city council. We had to say "temporary" on our website to satisfy the signage ordinance. We hope that after getting the banner up, we will get so much support from the community that we will be able to place the banner there long-term. Any questions y'all have about the project, you can email me at joseph.dylan.summer@gmail.com. www.dw4project.com. Go Tigers, for this year only!

Thanks Joey and your friends for doing the banner.***

Jan 27, 2017, 10:13 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, it's good to know he's a genuine human being...

Jan 26, 2017, 1:10 PM

...that alien DNA plays havoc on blood tests!??

If it was permanent, I'd throw a few hundred dollars at them

Jan 26, 2017, 1:51 PM

I agree with you guys though, I don't see the whole point in a temporary tribute. Just seems like a waste of money. Leave it up there like the one Lebron James has in Cleveland.

For those whining about "permanent v. temporary" .... it

Jan 27, 2017, 3:50 PM

shouldn't be about the banner. It's about the philanthropic mission for which the banner represents. Once $4,900 is raised, all excess money is donated to Habitat for Humanity, which played a huge role in Deshaun's life.

If your reason for not donating money to this charitable venture is because a banner of a college player will not be permanently affixed to a privately owned building, then I'm sure they don't want your money...

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,288
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic