Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anchrum played poorly last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Anchrum played poorly last night

Nov 11, 2018, 7:44 AM

the right side of the offensive line was poorly defended and that must be corrected. If we play like that against Bama then TL will get shut down.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Anchrum played poorly last night

Nov 11, 2018, 8:19 AM

Last night was another example of when the talent level is more even, our Oline can be exposed. This is not new, and too often gets forgotten when we play lesser teams like Louisville or have inconsistent play when doing a lot of subbing. Something has to change. By all accounts Caldwell is a great coach, but the poor technique and lack of tenacity should be on him to find a solution and it hasn’t been solved nearly enough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 8:25 AM

Anchrum did play poorly, but Zach Allen is a very good DE (need to learn from this if we are to face Bama). Needed to give Anchrum some help RB or TE on that side when we know the passing game is in play. Also, we needed to run right at Allen to keep him from being so aggressive.

He did not play as well as normal

Nov 11, 2018, 8:19 AM

He was up against soon to be NFL talent.

But the question I have is how do the Coaches fix this problem when we are up against really great defenses? We are heading towards some difficult late season matchups.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He did not play as well as normal

Nov 11, 2018, 8:24 AM

Well the talent we are going to be facing the rest of this season isn’t going to drop off, so this will be a big problem come time for the cfp if we get there. Now I have all expectations of getting there but we were exposed and others will do the same thing. In fact that is exactly the same thing Bama did last year

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Agree...Most of the season I barely noticed him...which is good for an OL

Nov 11, 2018, 8:45 AM

But last night I saw him many times....and it makes me worry.

Nov 11, 2018, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Re: He did not play as well as normal ]

Well, the bright side is if other teams can see it, then our coaches can as well. And they can work to fix it.

Nov 11, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to He did not play as well as normal ]

I was expecting them to keep a running back in for help after a couple of hits. I was surprised that it didn't happen.

Nov 11, 2018, 8:58 AM

That would a could use fir our running backs, just pick the one that is the best blocker

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 11, 2018, 8:56 AM

Why not try Carman at RT? He did OK filling in for Hyatt.

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Nov 11, 2018, 9:28 AM

Same problem, different year... we are top 2-3 team every year, but just too tough to get that #1 spot, and OL is what's keeping is from the promise land..

Nov 11, 2018, 10:34 AM

Maybe I'm dreaming but I think we won a National title two years ago? With Anchrum and Pollard rotating as starters btw...

Nov 11, 2018, 11:07 AM

That kind of makes their play this year all the more disappointing. They've both played decently this year but it seems like there has been regression from their earlier years. Allen was basically playing as a 9 tech which only seemed to exacerbate the issue and could have been helped a bit with some additional chipping from a TE.

Not sure there's a good short term fix either. Our tackle depth isn't great and it probably won't be better next year. They seem to feel that they hit on McFadden which is great but we don't really look like we're going to get an early contributor in in the 2019 class if we take a tackle at all. If we can land Webb help because Pollard could slide back outside.

yeah agreed***

Nov 11, 2018, 10:31 AM

Nov 11, 2018, 10:33 AM

No. Zach Allen is a great player. He will play on Sundays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 11, 2018, 11:22 AM

No OL will stop a top 5 drafted DE on every play. Plus BC had a key to our snap count, so there is no way you are stopping a 290lb, athletic freak who can react as fast or faster off the edge than even our OL can.

There were many plays where Anchrum stone walled him but a player of his caliber is going to get his. A lot of his disruption was when he was stopped but jumped up to bat balls down.

SOMETIMES the OC needs to give the LT a little help

Nov 11, 2018, 11:25 AM

with a TE/HBack. It's the chance you atke with the Clemson Offense.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic