Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking to the future: Where do all the RB commits play?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Looking to the future: Where do all the RB commits play?

Jul 13, 2013, 5:28 PM

I was looking at the commits list and realized there are 3 runningback commits for the class of 2014. If everyone stays committed and no one transfers, there will be 7 runningbacks on scholarship for 2014. No way everyone plays with Howard, Brooks, Dye, Gallman, and the 3 freshmen. Does Fuller move to CB and Oglesby to WR? I love depth, but when we use 4 backs at most every year? 7 is a ton. I'm not questioning our coaches, I just want to get other people's opinions on what will happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking to the future: Where do all the RB commits play?

Jul 13, 2013, 5:33 PM

1 non- qualifier and 1 RS for 2014, then Howard graduates. Now we're at 5 and take none for 2015.

Fuller no, ogles sort of, and both are not guaranteed to get

Jul 13, 2013, 5:35 PM

In. Be careful on fuller, he is better then his rating (I watch film rather than rely solely on experts opinions)

But the one in the whole gang I really like is dye as we will see this yr. McDowell starts but it will be dye next yr, mark it down .

Zac Brooks looked the fastest in spring game!***

Jul 13, 2013, 6:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with Dye... he a better Raymond Priester IMO. ****

Jul 13, 2013, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Fuller no, ogles sort of, and both are not guaranteed to get ]

Re: Agree with Dye... he a better Raymond Priester IMO. ****

Jan 8, 2014, 5:56 PM

injuries sometime will make you glad you have extra backs. also, sometimes recruits do not turn out or develop like you expect(bad evaluations). or if you move them to other positions, but sometimes you have to tell them to transfer or move along. just part of the recruiting game.

bad evaluations? even the nfl draft is a crapshoot.

Jul 13, 2013, 8:23 PM

moving from 1 level to the next is never a given, even for an nfl 1st rounder! i'll go with the # of schools,and who they are that offers a young man, a whole heck of a lot quicker than i will any star rating on any h.s. player. coaches watch tape,too, and they also go watch the guy play. if they miss, they hate it worse than you, or i, do.

Jul 13, 2013, 6:27 PM

Well, I mean realistically the majority of them will end up as either Special Teams players, or backup corners. That's really just how it goes in football. Not everyone can be the star running back. Most likely, the way I see it, Dye and Choice seem to be the most talented and strong in the long run out of the group. Fuller can provide a great change-of-pace back on 2nd down, and Howard will have had the experience by that time to be a solid 3rd down insurance back. Of course, this is obviously all just my opinion and I could easily end up being dead wrong.

you do know that hotrod was highly thought of,right?

Jul 13, 2013, 8:31 PM

he was one of a few that was considered for sc's mr. football, and imo, should have won.and s.c. has got elite talent, although not the numbers, as proven by the nfl rosters.

Jul 13, 2013, 9:18 PM

Personally, i think that Zach Brooks is the best back on scholarship, and I'm expecting solid production from him this year. Let's not forget, he was drawing comparisons to Darren McFadden in high school.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic