Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
That USC team last night was beatable.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

That USC team last night was beatable.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:38 AM

All it would have taken would have been to take care of the football, and not getting cute on the first drive. I honestly believe that. USC is a gritty bunch, especially Shaw, but did anyone see them last night as being an unstoppable force? I think it is largely mental right now, just as it used to be when we played so much better against them all those years, despite the fact that they "wanted it more" during that era. Why didn't we put Kelly in here or there to mix it up? Spurrier did this with Cooper, even though he was having pretty good success with Shaw. Where was the creativity?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That USC team last night was beatable.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:41 AM

I don't think anyone on the board thought SCAR was anything close to an unstoppable force, UT proved that.

I still think an ACC road schedule does not prepare for that environment and the offense/ST folded in the pressure of a tied 4th quarter.

Agree, we were never in a really adverse situation,

Dec 1, 2013, 9:47 AM

on the road, in a really big time environment all year and it showed. I still say the formula for winning on the road is running the ball and defense.

It's got nothing to do with schedule....

Dec 1, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: That USC team last night was beatable. ]

We've dominated them for years playing that same ACC schedule. This is all coaching. They weren't mentally prepared. That falls on Dabo and his staff.

Dec 1, 2013, 9:44 AM

They only had like 312 yards of offense and that is with us giving them the ball back 6 times.. heck yeah. Take care of the football and we win the game easy. But that didnt happen.

Of course they're beatable...

Dec 1, 2013, 9:54 AM

We just aren't good enough to beat them... talent-wise or coaching-wise. We have to face it - their program is just better. They are tougher mentally and physically.

We have the talent to beat horrible ACC teams, and an occasional overrated SEC team. But the plateau we are on was clearly defined last night. With all the hype about our defense improving and "we too deep", last night was a repeat of the previous meetings against the coots. We were outcoached again, and when faced with pressure we folded. We made bad mistakes. It's mental and physical.

And all you folks who want to face bama now... are you serious? Bama is better than Scar. We could easily be looking at a repeat of the 2011 Orange Bowl if we have to face them. If you really DO want Dabo to be on the hotseat, then bring on bama. Saban is a much better coach than Les Miles. He will have them prepared and motivated.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 9:57 AM

They were very beatable which makes it that much more frustrating. I would say they were just that much better than us in 09-11. Lastnight? No. We were just as "physical". We shot ourselves in the foot with turnovers. The young ones in the secondary got picked on. That wide receiver pass was just not necessary.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic