Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Grady Jarrett still feels the sting of Georgia jilt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Grady Jarrett still feels the sting of Georgia jilt

Aug 19, 2014, 8:13 AM

Grady Jarrett still feels the sting of Georgia jilt

Defensive tackle Grady Jarrett is ready to play against a real opponent and he gets that chance in less than two weeks when the Tigers take on Georgia in the season opener. What does Jarrett say about playing close to home? What does he say about Georgia not offering? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A healthy and hungry Jarrett is going to torment UGA

Aug 19, 2014, 8:16 AM

They couldn't block him last year with an injured shoulder and a supposedly all SEC OL. Now he's even more improved from a health and technique sense. It's going to be a long day for the interior of their OL against our DTs

Yea, their center is supposedly the anchor of the OLs....

Aug 19, 2014, 8:21 AM

He'll be moving like one by the end of the game....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep and we heard the same last year.

Aug 19, 2014, 8:29 AM

And they still couldn't stop Grady from ruining their day.

If Georgia is offering scholarships based on who else has

Aug 19, 2014, 8:21 AM

offered, they are doing it wrong

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

This is the same bunch that wouldn't offer Cam Newton

Aug 19, 2014, 10:37 AM

or Josh Nesbitt as a QB. They wanted them to play TE or LB.

Smart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Grady Jarrett still feels the sting of Georgia jilt

Aug 19, 2014, 8:22 AM

This clearly was their loss. Grady is a great player and an even better young man. Why am I not surprised that ugay wouldn't want that type guy in their program instead of some of the thugs they have?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grady Jarrett is typical of a long line of CU players who

Aug 19, 2014, 8:33 AM

weren't good enough for Georgia, who then went on to star for Clemson and in many cases to make Georgia coaches regret their oversight. These three come immediately to mind. Who are some others?

Homer Jordan
Terry Allen
Keith Adams

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had one that was the opposite, sorta. David Pollack

Aug 19, 2014, 9:30 AM

grew up a Clemson fan but we would only recruit him as a TE.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We had one that was the opposite, sorta. David Pollack

Aug 19, 2014, 12:20 PM

Having two Georgia guys on our DL (Grady /Vic) is going to be huge. Motivation to a lineman is everything that is anything. Hi Motor guys anyway , they will have that extra gear for 4 quarters in this one.
Poor Hutson Mason and whoever his backup is....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Grady Jarrett is typical of a long line of CU players who

Aug 19, 2014, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Grady Jarrett is typical of a long line of CU players who ]

John Johnson

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grady Jarrett is typical of a long line of CU players who

Aug 21, 2014, 12:50 AM

John Johnson was a totally a-typical Clemson recruit from Georgia ... something that never used to happen back in the day.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go get'em Grady!!***

Aug 19, 2014, 9:14 AM

Extract your pound of flesh Grady! (or several)***

Aug 19, 2014, 9:17 AM

in this regard he's like most CU students....

Aug 19, 2014, 9:42 AM

it's palpable on this board.

Re: in this regard he's like most CU students....

Aug 19, 2014, 10:28 AM

Hahaha, having graduated from Clemson, I can say I never met a Clemson student that had to settle after not getting into UGA. I did meet many that chose Clemson over UGA. If you find that people are hostile to UGA where ever you go, may I suggest that is a problem with UGA people, not Clemson people.

maybe so....

Aug 19, 2014, 3:44 PM

my law partner had 2 kids that he sent to Clemson that could not get in to UGA despite both their parents both being alumni. That being said they were both really happy there and are now Clemson fans.

sure***

Aug 19, 2014, 4:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, My daughter turned down a UGA scholarship to attend

Aug 19, 2014, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: in this regard he's like most CU students.... ]

Clemson.

UGA offered a scholarship that would have waived out of state tuition, making it less expensive than Clemson.

UGA was originally her first choice because she wanted to go out state. Then she went to a UGA-USuC game in Athens her junior year with a friend and saw first hand how your inbred fans act. Dropped UGA from her list right then despite the scholarship offer.

She went on to graduate from Clemson Magna ### Laude and in less than 4 years from graduating is just shy of a 6 figure income.

You have got to be s****** me, the $EC is the only.....

Aug 19, 2014, 10:48 AM [ in reply to in this regard he's like most CU students.... ]

conference of the power 5 that has a terrible academic reputation. UGA is a GED night school compared to Clemson.

Aug 19, 2014, 10:00 AM

Didn't Kirk Herbstreet or another national broadcaster say Jarrett was the best DT he had seen in person all year? Despite that, Jarret is still overlooked nationally. Not too different than high school. My guess is he'll have a coming out party against UGA -- along with Stephone Anthony. These are two of the best players in the country and nobody is talking about them. That will end soon as teams will game plan for Vic.

Underrated post above***

Aug 19, 2014, 10:12 AM

Agree but more than just those three....***

Aug 19, 2014, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Grady Jarrett still feels the sting of Georgia jilt ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2014, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Grady Jarrett still feels the sting of Georgia jilt ]

The media will be talking about Vic .... I guarantee you that in UGa meetings they are gameplanning for Jarrett and Anthony as much as Beasley! They have to keep Grady and the other DT from collapsing the pocket

Aug 19, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Grady Jarrett still feels the sting of Georgia jilt ]

This is going to be one of those "pick your own poison" games for ugay. There is nowhere they can go that will be "low hanging fruit" for them with this bunch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many * was Grady?

Aug 19, 2014, 10:16 AM

I'd bet he wasn't higher than 3. But man, what a player he turned out to be. Coach V wanted his team to be more physical and he got it in Grady.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

3* by most services***

Aug 19, 2014, 11:53 PM

Re: 3* by most services***

Aug 19, 2014, 1:01 PM

Kinda says something about the star ranking system, doesn't it.

Aug 19, 2014, 1:43 PM

I don't fault the star system for this one. There's no way to really measure heart and dedication from high school film. 3* may be about right for the measurables, but there was no way to predict this guy would have this kind of motor and relentlessness.

I think this is just the perfect example of what hard work and the right attitude gets you. 3* measurables plus Grady's attitude and approach to the game makes you an NFL talent.

Aug 19, 2014, 9:37 PM

We do differ in opinion on his one. The stars should take into account the effort and attitude displayed to date in a recruit's life, and he had shown some major abilities. I'm kind of glad he was under-rated though. he is our under-rated phenom now!

Aug 19, 2014, 1:41 PM

Grady is a man among boys out there.

Very rarely are the strongest player on the field and the chippiest/highest motor players on the field the same guy. He's the rare exception.

I'm going to love watching him play this year and in the NFL.

wonder who is the strongest

Aug 19, 2014, 3:02 PM

in the weigh ins grady had a chest like a body builder but who really is the the strongest..

Can we google tour and find this in the weight room on a chart?

Aug 19, 2014, 2:58 PM

OPEN UP THAT CAN Grady!!!!!

It's PAYBACK time Bro!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2014, 9:44 PM

It's gonna be fun to watch Grady/Vic/ and Dfence dismantle the UGA offence!!! GO GET'EM!!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic