Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Athlon: 12 Steps to Fix ACC Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Football Update: Athlon: 12 Steps to Fix ACC Football

Jul 15, 2013, 8:09 AM

Athlon: 12 Steps to Fix ACC Football

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand the drift of Bradley's article entitled

Jul 15, 2013, 8:17 AM

"12 Steps to Fix ACC Football," when he makes no suggestions relating to Clemson other than what Coach Swinney better do, if Morris leaves. Only a simple-minded moron wouldn't know that we'll need another talented offensive guru, but we're not concerned with that now...only what we will accomplish this year.

So, what exactly does this author believe we need to "fix" to produce a decent season? Where's his in depth analysis of our pluses and minuses? What was the point of the article, as relates to Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand the drift of Bradley's article entitled

Jul 15, 2013, 8:25 AM

For people to write that kind of article would require three characteristics: an ability to think deeply, the ability to use the thought process and most importantly to prepare the article before the deadline date!!

Agree but it read to me like the writer is perpetuating the

Jul 15, 2013, 8:39 AM [ in reply to I don't understand the drift of Bradley's article entitled ]

myth that Dabo is nothing more than a recruiter and a cheerleader. Then he questions the recruiter part.

I'm frustrated that this is the general perception presented often by the media and that some of our Clemson brothers have bought into it. Dad confound blame it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is the Commanding General of the Clemson Tiger

Jul 16, 2013, 1:34 PM

Football Army...and all those pea-brained pundits, commonly referred to as junkalists, can collectively bottle-up their opinions in one flask, labeled: CRUMB ROYAL, Special Edition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The article leaves you thinking Morris just happen to

Jul 15, 2013, 8:22 AM

wander onto campus and took the OC job. He is a great coach and has done exactly what Dabo brought him here to do. I have total confidence in Dabo to handle any coaching hires when and if the need arises. Go Tigers!

Forgot Napier & Steele? Dabo is 1-2-1 on coordinator hires.

Jul 15, 2013, 1:06 PM

I'd say Venables is TBD.

I don't have 100% confidence in Dabo replacing Morris but I do think that Dabo has learned a lot since his early years as HC so I think there's a good chance he'll hire a good replacement.

Look, i don't think anyone is going to argue that Napier was

Jul 15, 2013, 2:09 PM

a good hire, but what did Dabo really have to work with? He got thrown into the fire with about half a year to win over the team, the fans, the administration, figure out how to be a HC, recruit, and hire new assistants. I seriously doubt he had ample time to really scout out potential OCs. It's not like any big names were going to line up to come here and get involved with the mess we were at the time. If they come on and Dabo gets canned in 1-2 season, they are gone too.

No, he was pretty much limited to hiring a potential up and comer from a lower level of football (as he eventually did with CM) or hire someone internally or someone he had connections with. Seeing how scouting out Morris types is risky and takes TIME, it would've been difficult for Dabo to go that route at that time.

Your argument falls apart because Steele wasn't a nobody.

Jul 16, 2013, 12:47 AM

And Dabo doesn't have to do the scouting himself. TDP could have helped. And they often hire consultants to do those kinds of searches. I doubt that Dabo found any of his coordinators all on his own. Dabo most likely promoted Napier because they were friends. We'll probably never know.

One thing we will always know is you can't let it go. You

Jul 16, 2013, 1:22 AM

know you were wrong and now you can't admit it. That's the sign of a feeble, insecure, petty, want-to-be know-it-all that two years after the fact is still trying to defend a presumption that at this point is indefensible. Get a frickin' life. I'm sick of reading your derogatory crap. Maybe... just maybe, you'll get a clue after Clemson busts GA a new one. You post from your podium of critique as though you have some God-given answer for everything that has occurred with Clemson football. I guess that's why you're making the big bucks. Right? Do us all a favor and agree not to post ever again if Clemson wins the NC. Deal? Go hog wild if we lose a game but never again if we win the NC. Bet? You wouldn't even have the 'nads' for something like that. You're one of those dips that can always find fault with what someone else does yet think you're never wrong. That's easy when YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING but throw out your stats and numbers. Give it a rest!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two things we know are that you're intolerant & illogical.

Jul 16, 2013, 1:28 PM

I was merely responding to somebody else's post. My post was factual and logical. You obviously couldn't refute the facts and logic or make any kind of civilized adult counterpoint, so you launched into an insulting juvenile tirade. How sad.

What was I wrong about? Please explain.

If you don't like my posts and you're intolerant of differing opinions, please don't read them. I beg you. Please don't read them. It's a waste of everybody's time if you're going to respond with juvenile insults rather than carry on any kind of a civilized adult discussion. You act as though somebody is forcing you to read my posts.

Escuse' me. I have two issues with #10 on the list.

Jul 15, 2013, 8:29 AM

"10. North Carolina: Behave!

When did the Tar Heels decide it was a good idea to act like an old Southwest Conference school? Instead of behaving like a proud institution with strong academic standards and a desire to do things the right way, UNC has become a bandit school that traffics in cash and prizes for players and no-show class grades. Come on, Carolina, you’re better than that."

No, and I suspect they never have been.

It would have been just as accurate to compare them to today's average SEC school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

exactly. they were showing the sec that they do, indeed,

Jul 15, 2013, 8:48 AM

have what it takes to become an upper-echelon sec school,by getting away with some of the most serious indiscretions that an school can be charged with, just in case the acc had fallen apart, like some media pundits had predicted (or at least hoped).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

12. League-Wide: Knock Off Some Quality Opponents

Jul 15, 2013, 9:14 AM

Is a 7-6 USC really disinterested or just plain mediocre? Judging by their record, they were disinterested half of the season.

Not saying USC was a quality program last year by any means, but saying they were disinterested just perpetuates the problem Athlon says the ACC needs to fix. Give a mediocre ACC team credit for beating a mediocre PAC-12 team.

And yes, ACC schools need to win some major OOC and BCS games to improve their image.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Jul 15, 2013, 9:37 AM

The ACC absolutely must start winning its OOC/Bowl games against BCS opponents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The first weekend is big.

Jul 15, 2013, 10:51 AM

Clemson v uga, unc v scar, and vt v bama.

Worst case we must go 1-2. Acc image would neither be helped nor hurt as we are all underdogs. 2-1 would do nothing but help the acc image and whether the media spns it, any fan would realize the acc is improve. Go 3-0 and everyone would take notice. No way vt wins tho.

Another big one later is miami v florida, if Miami really has improved and can win that would be huge.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

I think there's a better chance that VT gains less than 200

Jul 15, 2013, 2:15 PM

yards and scores single digits than them actually beating Bama.

Re: The first weekend is big.

Jul 15, 2013, 3:59 PM [ in reply to The first weekend is big. ]

I would give it the first two weeks:

Clemson vs Georgia
UNC vs South Carolina
VTech vs Alabama
Miami vs Florida
Virginia vs Oregon

I think the ACC would actually improve its standing if it went 2-3 in these games (as long as the losses weren't too ugly). 3-2 would be HUGE for the conference IMO. All five of those OOC opponents are going to be preseason Top 10 I would imagine, while only one of the ACC teams will be.

4-1 and 5-0 would obviously be fantastic, but I'd prefer not to go too far haha.

VT could beat Bama only if

Jul 15, 2013, 3:21 PM

The game becomes a defensive struggle and they win the special teams battle.

Defensively, I think VT will be pretty solid....

Jul 15, 2013, 3:57 PM

With at least five of their starting eleven (Antoine Hopkins, James Gayle, Bruce Taylor, Kyle Fuller, and Antone Exum) being future NFL players.

However, offensively is where I think they will continue to have problems. Logan Thomas is, of course, back and while some talking heads would have you believe he is a reincarnate of RG3, I for one, am not buying it. He will be playing in a completely new offense with a lot of young and/or inexperienced players around him. He will have a Freshman running the ball and while his starting WR's are all Seniors, they have not seen many passes thrown their way primarily because the two guys who left the program after last season (Danny Coale and Jarrett Boykin) were the two most prolific receivers in school history. Even the o-line has been depleted of its starting experience. The five projected starters this year have a total of 17 games started combined on their resume.

All of this spells trouble for the 2013 Hokies IMO. They may contend for the Coastal Division crown but that's only because Miami and UNC aren't going to be much, if any, better than VT.

The 2013 ACC Champion will come from the Atlantic Division again this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dabo Swinney

Jul 16, 2013, 1:16 AM

Is writing his story , and so far the first chapter looks pretty good. Lots of material still to be added. Judgements are for endings , and Swinney has just begun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic