Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson vs SC State prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson vs SC State prediction

Sep 6, 2013, 4:14 PM

Clemson vs SC State prediction

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney has brought up FBS teams being upset by FCS teams repeatedly this week. Will the Tigers roll or have a Georgia game hangover? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they better not score 13.***

Sep 6, 2013, 4:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: they better not score 13.***

Sep 6, 2013, 5:02 PM

81-19 , Tigers.

See ... what I did ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Deja Vu ??? Clemson's last shut-out was against ...

Sep 6, 2013, 5:07 PM [ in reply to they better not score 13.*** ]

SC State (54-0) in 2008 ... since then the closest we've come to a shut-out was against Va Tech, holding them to a FG.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deja Vu ??? Clemson's last shut-out was against ...

Sep 6, 2013, 5:36 PM

That's sort a hard to believe they are our last shutout. We may or may not shut them out, but I suspect we will play very well on both sides of the ball and that's what's important. I like Dobo's approach to these games. They are all the same. That's a good way to approach games if you give it some thought. Treat them all the same and worry about how our team plays and not theirs. Maybe that's why Dabo has got Clemson back in the national talk.

Re: they better not score 13.***

Sep 6, 2013, 5:32 PM [ in reply to they better not score 13.*** ]

You better hope our 2nd and 3rd team guys can keep them out of the end zone then cause that's who will be on the field for most of the game. Unless you care about stats, which we all do to some degree, who cares. We will win handily and Dabo will not run up the score on them and for that, I give him a lot of credit. We can reach our goals for the season without beating SC St by 65 points. It's unnecessary and uncalled for. Of course, we may do it and not even be trying to score.

Every one of our 3rd string guys ought

Sep 6, 2013, 5:40 PM

to be better than their starters

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree and disagree

Sep 6, 2013, 6:36 PM

I agree that some, if not all of our scholarship substitutes would probably good enough to get a full ride at SC State.

But, I also see many instances of kids who are fine athletes and good enough to play for Clemson going to places like SC State because of academics. These guys are not only very good players, but they have a chip on their shoulders on game day.

A good recent example is former Clemson commit Javarius Leamon (left tackle, 6-7 310, redshirt freshman).

Also, when Clemson's 2nd and 3rd stringers get into the game (as a unit) against the starters from a school like SC State, many times, the cohesion and experience is not there even though the raw athletic talent is superior ... resulting in ragged play and giving up points.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction, Prophet

Sep 6, 2013, 6:25 PM

Pinion gave up 4 yards on 14 kicks (7 KO and 7 punts).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

This game is the best chance to get experience

Sep 6, 2013, 7:48 PM

for a lot of players to make sure we can build some better depth. I expect to see Boyd in for quite a while (until 4th Q?) so guys like Hopper and Davidson get time with him. Heck, I expect to so Rodriguez on the field off and on maybe even as early as the 1 or 2 Q. Swinney and Morris both have done this before with younger guys. Get em dirty early. Anyone who gets a little banged up has an extra week anyway.

But I agree that Boyd will probably not run much. He doesn't need to.

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson vs SC State prediction

Sep 6, 2013, 8:34 PM

A whole bunch to a little.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic