Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Projecting the ACC standings article
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,128

Projecting the ACC standings article

May 1, 2014, 8:29 AM

ESPN did a projected ACC article yesterday for the 2014 season. It is an insider article so can't read it if not subscriber.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=10856431

But this is the just of it. They have us projected #3 in the division behind FSU and Louisville. Projected record is 8-4, 6-2 in conference. Only a 6% chance of winning the ACC and a 1% chance of going 11-1 or 12-0.

Maybe it's my orange glasses but this is just stupid, they have Louisville beating us at DV for the first time? We may not get by FSU, but saying Louisville will finish 2nd in their first year w a whole new system and a
new QB, plus traveling to DV.

Essentially the CPU has our losses to UGA, FSU, USuC, Louisville. Said we have a 79% chance of going 1-2 in first 3 FBS games, FSU, UGA, UNC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After the neutering in Athens, our D will be the talk. With

May 1, 2014, 8:41 AM

3 more weeks to prep for FSU, Tally won't be the 'given' that everybody else thinks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am pretty sure fsu is in the bag

May 1, 2014, 8:56 AM

Speaking of bags, we just have to bag few crab legs on the sideline and have Winston go crab hunting

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Going 1-2 in those first 3 isn't far fetched...

May 1, 2014, 9:06 AM

However, I do think we will be 2-1 after those. I am hoping we beat FSU down there. UGA might be a little tough out the gate. Our D will keep it close but they have a nice stable of RB's to ground and pound us with until their new QB gets going. Our RB's aren't proven yet.

Bobby Petrino at Louisville is the Xfactor. He is a helluva coach. I don't think they march into the Valley and win this year, but those boys will be good again very soon. He is just crooked enough and they have low academic standards that he will build a nice powerhouse there again.

I say we go 10-2

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going 1-2 in those first 3 isn't far fetched...

May 1, 2014, 9:12 AM

> Bobby Petrino at Louisville is the Xfactor. He is a
> helluva coach. I don't think they march into the
> Valley and win this year, but those boys will be good
> again very soon. He is just crooked enough and they
> have low academic standards that he will build a nice
> powerhouse there again.

Petrino will get an ACC championship at some point I just don't see how they will win against the better competition THIS YEAR. But he will get it done. He had Arky finishing in the Top 5 before he got canned and Arky has never been a magnet for top recruits.

Agree

May 1, 2014, 10:26 AM

Petrino, IMO, is one of the best Xs and Os coach in all of football. Louisville will be real good but in year one? Not seeing it.

Re: Going 1-2 in those first 3 isn't far fetched...

May 1, 2014, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Going 1-2 in those first 3 isn't far fetched... ]

I would trade an FSU loss for beating the SEC East bookends.

2-1 in those 3 biggest games would make for a pretty good regular season.

Re: Projecting the ACC standings article

May 1, 2014, 9:09 AM

> Said we have a 79% chance of going 1-2 in
> first 3 FBS games, FSU, UGA, UNC.

I don't get the Louisville prediction. On the matter of going 1-2 in first 3 FBS games, ESPN is not really going out on a limb there....the line is already out for the UGA game and no way FSU won't be favored so essentially they're just picking the favorites in those games.

I'll say again, if Dabo can win in Athens it will be his most impressive win as HC. It of course could be topped by following it up with a win in Tally.

Re: Projecting the ACC standings article

May 1, 2014, 9:43 AM

Surprised no one has tried to derail my serious thread about Clemson sports.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone actually believe the offense will fall dramatically

May 1, 2014, 9:54 AM

Under Morris? I don't.

I'll be shocked if we don't beat UGA

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

A little surprised by the Louis Ville prediction...

May 1, 2014, 10:13 AM

...but otherwise, it's about what I would expect. 8-4. We have a very difficult schedule. I think 9-3 is just as possible, but I think 10-2 or better is far-fetched.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone is under estimating our Def.

May 1, 2014, 12:44 PM

Also, I think Mike Williams has a breakout year. He's an NFL WR.

Cole Stoudt will be steady.

I just don't see a massive drop off. I think there will be less big plays but I also think the offense will be efficient.

I will be shocked if Clemson loses 4 games this year.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Anyone who thinks Clemson won't be better this year...

May 1, 2014, 10:33 AM

than last just hasn't considered our personnel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone who thinks Clemson won't be better this year...

May 1, 2014, 10:39 AM

Clemson's offense will likely take a hit, defense should be better. I would be very interested to hear any well-reasoned points to dispute that.

Who knows how this shift will play out on the field. We are in the opposite boat of our strength shifting from defense to offense. No telling how it'll turn our for us at this point. It's hard to imagine next year SC might have the better offense and CU might have the better defense.

It's nice to see that we have built some depth on Defense

May 1, 2014, 10:43 AM

its almost like our HC knew this day was coming. He and the recruiting staff have done an excellent job in preparing the program.

You win games with defense. Our defense should keep us in those first couple of games until we can get identify our playmakers on offense.

I still think the "trap game" will be the home game versus UNC. For some reason that game scares me.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,128
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic