Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After the game I was emotional and overreacting, a lot.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

After the game I was emotional and overreacting, a lot.

Nov 26, 2012, 8:47 AM

I blame our coaching staff for this loss.

But primarily I blame the ACC. I believe that as long as the conference sucks, this will be the result. We can have all the top athletes in college football, but our conference does not prepare us to play top OOC teams.

I despise the ACC, and playing in this crappy conference does us absolutely no favors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Agree***

Nov 26, 2012, 8:47 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree

Nov 26, 2012, 8:51 AM

We need to find exit stage left on the ACC!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

of course you'd agree

Nov 26, 2012, 8:54 AM

now go wash gwp's car.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But DSP,

Nov 26, 2012, 9:03 AM

I can't take your job!!

I know you need the money to support LBU and jonnyboy!

;)

And go where?***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:07 AM [ in reply to I totally agree ]

Re: After the game I was emotional and overreacting, a lot.

Nov 26, 2012, 8:53 AM

I disagree with you! However I do wish we had a tougher conf. to play in but, the Acc has nothing to do with Clemson not being prepared! If our coaching staff done their work correctly and prepared the players we, should be able to beat anyone we step on the field with. I blame Dabo, Chad, and Brent and all else down the line. They seen the film. They knew what they was up against. They did not have a game plan in place that worked. How can you blame the Acc for that?

Now I would like to see us in another conf. or at least the Acc bring in more "football" schools.

Romans 10:9

I don't care how much tape "they seen." I blame the ACC

Nov 26, 2012, 9:16 AM

because week in and week out Clemson plays Duke, Wake, BC, Maryland, etc. Those games do nothing to prepare us for tough physical games like USuCk was on Saturday.

Yes, I was disappointed in our game plans, especially our offensive game plan, which I still don't know what the plan was. But the team proved it's tough to flip the switch from playing in the cupcake ACC to a physical SEC opponent. As did GT, and FSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

but its not a realistic option to think we can get out of

Nov 26, 2012, 8:54 AM

ACC. I get sick of hearing it. We have domintated the Coots for many a years. The SEC has always had a more physical brand of football and yet we still dominated our little feathered friends.

Spurrier owns Dabo plain and simple. USuc did not dominate us on Saturday night. We outrushed them for the entire game in basically one quarter. Our guys got tight and it showed up after we didn't put the game away in 2nd qtr. don't feel bad, Spurrier has owned many a good coaches that should have beaten him. Poor Peyton Manning could never beat Spurrier. mark richt was probably happier than anyone in the SEC to see the ole man leave Florida and Spurrier is back kicking his ### again with less talent.

it happens.

I agree, the main difference is that these coots aren't the

Nov 26, 2012, 9:19 AM

same coots Charlie won 4 straight against. And the SEC has not always been the super conference it has been the last 5 years.

Re:The ACC is not responsible for this loss. If we have the

Nov 26, 2012, 8:55 AM

talent then someone let us down: either the players or the coaches.

I agree but also believe that "we" need to put a more

Nov 26, 2012, 9:06 AM

emphasis on the game. It is NOT "just another game"!

Wofford would be bowl eligible in the ACC

Nov 26, 2012, 9:11 AM

I'm serious about that, they could beat at least half the teams in the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We might have won with their defense.***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I agree and disagree.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:23 AM

While I understand what you are saying, I have to think about a team like Boise State. For years people have complained that they have an ADVANTAGE by only having to play a few strong teams each year. They just had to "get up" for those few games each year, and they always seemed to do well against tough competition (Alabama, Oklahoma, etc...)

Wow. Why stop at the ACC? This is clearly society's fault.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:26 AM

I'm fine with the fact that a lot of people hate the ACC on this website. I share many of the frustrations. I'm fine with people thinking we should leave. I disagree, but I see the logic. But let's chill-out about blaming the ACC for every ill that falls Clemson's way. It's as misguided as the South Carolina fans who used to blame the SEC's "tough schedule" for beating them up before they play us.

I'm not sure what happened out there on Saturday but if there is "blame" to be assigned, rest assured that it can be placed somewhere within the Upstate of South Carolina.

null

These folks will go to any length to not blame Dabo.***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does the first line in the body of GWP's post say?!!?

Nov 26, 2012, 9:30 AM

Just Sayin

It is immediately overridden by his second line.***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:38 AM

I think he is saying both are contributing factors!!

Nov 26, 2012, 9:43 AM

Push around weak ACC opponents and starters only play a half then Play an OOC team and the opposite happens!

I can see where both are factors in this case

Maybe you should google "primarily"***

Nov 26, 2012, 9:45 AM

So does "primarily" in the 2nd line

Nov 26, 2012, 10:04 AM

mean that his first line is not a contributing factor?!?!

Do us a favor!!! Go find a short pier and take a long straight walk!

Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's not what's happening here.

Nov 26, 2012, 9:30 AM [ in reply to These folks will go to any length to not blame Dabo.*** ]

But you probably know that.

null

Nov 26, 2012, 9:46 AM

ACC is what it is. One thing Clemson can do to prepare us for the big games is SCHEDULE MORE QUALITY OPPONENTS! Enough with the Furman's, PC's, Coastal Carolina's, & Wofford's! Ever hear of "dumbing down America"? These kind of games are "dumbing down Clemson"!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Nov 26, 2012, 11:16 AM

Someone of you people are sounding like USuC! If the Acc is the reason we lost then USuC being in the SEC is the reason they are better! They hang onto the SEC like a fle on a dog. Just because they are part of the SEC and we are ACC doesnt change anything! We lost to a BETTER team plan and simple. We missed chances that we shouldnt of! The team was not ready to play. Was not prepared to play nor was they strong enough to play. Clemson has issues for sure. Being part of the ACC is not one of them. Look at TCU and Bosie State. They won regardless of who they played..(not recent I know). It all comes down on the coaches and players! If they do not EARN their checks, then we will see Clemson drop games like we just did! QUIT being... well stupid... Dont make excuses! We LOST.. I HATE IT! I now have to have a gamecock tag on my car for a YEAR becasue of it! lol... It suck.. Please we have to loose with the same class we when with! Clemson just has to fix the issues, and I dont think that it has NOTHING to do with the ACC...
Just my few cents worth!

Romans 10:9

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic