Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on Backstreets 'offensive' sign, lol
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 157
| visibility 101

My thoughts on Backstreets 'offensive' sign, lol

Mar 19, 2014, 11:58 AM

Wow, folks are really up in arms about this, but my suggestion would be to take a step back & a chill-pill honestly...since this will never directly affect anyone on Tigernet or in Clemson in any physically harmful way. Folks have opinions whether stupid or not!

So here's what I replied to another's funny comment over in the amphitheater:

I actually like backstreets & hang out there most frequently of all the bars.
It's a much more laid back environment, less frat boys & sorority snobs in there, people that work there are pretty cool (I used to when I was in school), the food is awesome! Folks don't mess with you in there & the prices are good...
Yes, it can be considered somewhat hippie-ish & always has been (but not alot of petrulie & stinkers in there these days), just a cool chill type bar with good music too.
Yes, Pete the owner can be inflammatory at times, but that's just his personality, sometimes the shock-artist or a-hole if you don't really know him, but a pretty good guy actually. He's always running his mouth about something & making jokes/picking (he's a yankee, *not meant as offensive), but he has his quirks & he speaks his mind...right or wrong & whether we like what someone says or not, it's their opinion & right to express themselves.
I fully support CWP carry, but I also understand it's his wish in his establishment not to want it there & that's fine. Folks are quite safe there.
Now calling people a douschebag or allowing it to be so wildly interpreted on what his intent for the comment was is pretty dumb, imo. Inserting foot in mouth & pi$$ing potential guests off doesn't seem sensible or lucrative, but he doesn't care obviously & that's how he wants it....just like most of us regulars there prefer the more local cool crowd be in there & not just student & Greek society making it all clicky in there.
I wouldn't place too much value on what his intent was by saying that on the sign, but it also could easily be directed to an individual or situational reply type deal.
If I worried & cried about what everyone else says, does, & thinks...then planet earth just isn't a great place to stay.
I'm not too worried about Pete's stance on CWP & will continue to enjoy food, beer & pool there.
I'll ignore something like that which doesn't directly affect or offend me also, otherwise I'd have gone "postal" a very long time ago....lots of deuschebags in this world on all side of politics & opinion.
Live, work, party, & love...I'll stick to that! ;)

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

up in arms? is that 'posed to be cute?

Mar 19, 2014, 12:00 PM

;)

if i wanted to offend a class of citizen, i wouldn't choose the gun toters... but maybe that's just me?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: up in arms? is that 'posed to be cute?

Mar 19, 2014, 7:13 PM

yeeeeeeeeesssssss iiiiiiitt wwwwwaaaaaaasssssss ;)

but 'm no poser!

Re: My thoughts on Backstreets 'offensive' sign, lol

Mar 19, 2014, 12:13 PM

If he's does not want CWP holders patronizing his business the fine. I don't have a problem with that.
However, to convey that message in such a rude and condescending manner is demeaning to a large portion of the population.
It comes across as saying "Not only do I not want your business, but I am better than you as a person."

Whether or not that's what he intended, he should have put more thought into the sign before posting it.
I don't have a CWP, but I will still think twice before going to Backstreets again

Mar 19, 2014, 12:14 PM

Honestly I'm more upset at the thought that someone would ever want to bring a gun into backstreets. Guns in college bars is a HORRIBLE idea. Not to mention Backstreets is the best and chillest bar in clemson. People need to relax. It's pathetic that it's got people in Oregon wasting their time to trash a place they will never be within 1,000 miles of. And anyone who thinks this will shut the place down is an idiot. Clemson is never going to run out of stoners that like delicious food, good deals, and good times.

big things have small beginnings...

Mar 19, 2014, 12:16 PM

like ideas. it's novel i'm sure. oh wait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right.

Mar 19, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts on Backstreets 'offensive' sign, lol ]

People need to relax and stop being afraid of responsible gun owners.

Re: You're right.

Mar 19, 2014, 3:48 PM

I really feel sorry for anyone who thinks they need to bring a gun into backstreets.

Mr. Batt? You were my professor!!!***

Mar 19, 2014, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts on Backstreets 'offensive' sign, lol ]

The main thing that excites me about that whole deal is that

Mar 19, 2014, 12:19 PM

people continue to have exquisite eye sight.

The beautiful white background of the paper used highlights the text that has been seen now by literally thousands of potential patrons.

If he had used black paper with white lettering it would have had a similar effect.

i thought stark

Mar 19, 2014, 12:23 PM

played for the knicks?

Correctamundo

Mar 19, 2014, 12:35 PM

I belief he's now a dual-threat car salesman.

Re: The main thing that excites me about that whole deal is that

Mar 19, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to The main thing that excites me about that whole deal is that ]

He could have used a slab typeface rather than the generic sans-serif for more impact, but other than that I agree.

Mar 19, 2014, 12:20 PM

He might wish one day that a couple of cwp carriers are in his business.

So, why not just post the sign NO CONCEALED WEAPONS ?

He might want to think about getting a legal sign instead a piece of paper.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

having a cwp doesn't mean you

Mar 19, 2014, 2:05 PM

Know how or when to use a weapon.I know a lot of cwp's that I wouldn't trust with a potato gun. These people actually make me feel less safe.

Any tom, ####, and Harry with a couple dollars and some free time can get a cwp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The great thing about America is that...

Mar 19, 2014, 12:24 PM

...I can take my business elsewhere. They are just on my do not patronize list with quite a few other businesses that have offended me in some way (i.e., poor service, poor food, poor product, etc.) Lots of competition is good for everyone.

Well said

Mar 19, 2014, 12:51 PM

I don't get upset over it, and I'm not offended, but I'm not much a fan of folks who choose to insult where none is required.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concealed weapons versus Concealable Weapons.

Mar 19, 2014, 10:57 PM

Think about the words for a minute.

Concealable weapons can refer to firearms, knives, mace, screwdrivers, box cutters, brass knuckles, ice picks, etc.

Concealed weapons would be any of the above on your person NOT SEEN.

Open carry may be legal IF the word CONCEALED is in the sign. No CONCEALABLE WEAPONS stipulated both open and concealed carry.

TNet lawyers, do your stuff.

Does he realize that now, legally, he assumes responsibility

Mar 19, 2014, 12:26 PM

to protect his patrons from violence since he has taken away their ability to do so themselves?

I personally would prefer a place that packs themselves, and lets it be known.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the armchair lawyers on this board. Laughable.***

Mar 19, 2014, 2:23 PM

I`m sure he`ll remember

Mar 19, 2014, 12:27 PM

To check with t-Net next time he makes a big decision. It makes perfect sense to me. It's always been a hippie bar. He doesn't want the southernmost deathly cocaine heads in there with firearms. Really very simple, you folks need to live your own life and quit worrying about others.

Re: I`m sure he`ll remember

Mar 19, 2014, 12:30 PM

Spell check screwed me on that one. He doesn't want duchebag cocaine heads in there with firearms.

I'm not up in arms over this

Mar 19, 2014, 12:50 PM

But the "live and let live" ideal you ascribe to him seems strange to reconcile with his choice to insult individuals (legal, law-abiding, responsible individuals) who choose to practice their right to carry concealed weapons.

The "######### cocaine heads" are already out of the law abiding responsible folks who are likely to follow laws anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's the beauty of it all...

Mar 19, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I`m sure he`ll remember ]

YES! dumba$$ comment on the d-bag part...BY ALL MEANS unnecessary!!!

BUT, luckily & thankfully...THIS IS CLEMSON!!!

NOT USuCk in cockcentral criminal ghetto where you DO get shot, stabbed, robbed, or killed while patronizing bars in 5-points or walking down the street (FACT, it's happened!)

THIS is CLEMSON, not chappel hole, not ATL jungle, not NY, & not Chicago or South Central LA!

we're truly blessed to have the family & home-style community & mentality around here, where if somebody has a problem words can't handle...it's fist-to-face & then usually cops.

i don't want my rights infringed upon in anyway, shape or form...but Pete isn't the enemy & folks should get this upset with our government for REALLY bending us over constantly & slowly but surely stealing our rights to life, liberty, & happiness.

i don't feel the need to be strapped in ANY place around Clemson (but should be allowed to if i want to be).

with all that being said...guns & alcohol & partying, idiot drunken students & sometimes overly-prideful locals just doesn't sound like a copacetic mix to me.
i should know because i own guns, i drink & party, & i've been in fights & dumb situations where having access to a weapon may have not been a great idea ;) this also goes with bottles, chairs, sticks/clubs, etc...

i guess my point is if you're paranoid about being robbed or assaulted (as a male) in Clemson & in bars downtown, you should probably just stay home & lock your doors & not come out! LOL!

I agree. Guns and alcohol do not mix well

Mar 19, 2014, 1:05 PM

Which is why the legislation specifically (and correctly) says you cannot be carrying a concealed weapon if you are drinking alcohol in a bar.

Re: I agree. Guns and alcohol do not mix well

Mar 19, 2014, 1:09 PM

truth! buuuuuut...folks break laws everyday,big ones & little ones, even "good law-abiding citizens" don't always make the wisest decisions.

see my driving record! ;)

i like fast

Understood

Mar 19, 2014, 1:17 PM

Then I assume you think folks will break the law and carry anyway? Even where forbid by law?

i'd say most do it right & stay legal...some DON'T!

Mar 19, 2014, 1:32 PM

THOSE are the ones you have to worry about.

more than anything I feel it would help lead to accidents in altercations of a heated & drunken nature...if you get my drift.

I know myself personally, & i'd never pull a gun on someone without intention of using it, but there are plenty of stupids, attention seekers, & power-trippers out there.

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

Yep. And they would carry anyway.I can tell you this. Every

Mar 19, 2014, 9:40 PM

person that I know, takes it pretty seriously. If I am going to have a drink in a restaurant, I will not carry.

Re: Yep. And they would carry anyway.I can tell you this. Every

Mar 19, 2014, 9:54 PM

As well they should take it seriously!

It's still more of a privilege than a right really, even though the constitution says otherwise...

Our government doesn't seem to like our constitution very much :-/

It is being trampled by an unchecked administration.***

Mar 19, 2014, 10:21 PM

Backstreets

Mar 19, 2014, 1:01 PM

Fact language not appropriate
Fact owner has a CWP
Fact you have a drink you can't carry in a bar or restaurant.
Fact he has ex military working there
Fact poor choice of words and he has apologized on TV.

thanks for the update jaws!

Mar 19, 2014, 1:06 PM

good call! (i know these facts also, since i know Pete well), just didn't figure it was required to tell everyone all of the "secrets" of Backstreets, lol :)

we all have much bigger things to be concerned about!

mainly ourselves...

Truth

Mar 19, 2014, 1:05 PM

Do you want drinking customers protecting themselves considering that it is against the law to drink and carry anyway.

That isn't, and has never been, the argument

Mar 19, 2014, 1:18 PM

I don't need my pound of flesh over this. I'm glad he backtracked on his decision to insult folks, or at least clarified what he intended.

I believe, that was really 99% of the issue folks had with it

Re: That isn't, and has never been, the argument

Mar 19, 2014, 1:39 PM

FACT: Never liked the place anyways.
FACT: Smells like #### in there.

Seriously,though, who goes to Backstreets

Mar 19, 2014, 1:45 PM

To do anything other than drink? Has anyone ever entered Backstreets without:

A) Being drunk
B) Planning on becoming drunk

Awwww.....looks like those limp wristed gun owners are

Mar 19, 2014, 1:49 PM

offended again.....how schweet.

Well... the sign was an explicit insult

Mar 19, 2014, 1:55 PM

It's not like they're taking offense at somebody just disagreeing with them. The sign is also profane.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with the sign.......nothing wrong with the

Mar 19, 2014, 2:02 PM

intent. Just gun folks getting all riled up over nothing...

and only the "criminals to carry" activists are rejoicing !***

Mar 19, 2014, 2:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, most people carrying guns into Backstreets

Mar 19, 2014, 2:24 PM

would be criminals.

The only thing to do at backstreets is drink, and once you buy a drink you are breaking the law.

Indeed, folks breaking the law would be breaking the law

Mar 19, 2014, 2:35 PM

That is neither here nor there in a discussion of a person deciding to categorize a large group of law abiding citizens as D-Bags.

Maybe he thinks 21-25 year olds (his main patrons)

Mar 19, 2014, 2:39 PM

That walk around strapped all the time are D. Bags. Kind of makes sense to me. You ever feel the need to be strapped at Backstreets?

I've never been.

Mar 19, 2014, 2:43 PM

But I do carry quite often. You are right in that he is free to think that, and free to post a sign saying that. He is also free to face the backlash of insulting a large portion of law abiding citizens.

Okay

Mar 19, 2014, 2:45 PM

If you went into the bar and got a drink with your weapon, thus breaking the law, would it be ok for me to call you a dbag?

I'll go one step farther

Mar 19, 2014, 2:50 PM

It is "OK" to call anyone you want a D-Bag. I can't stop you and you are free to do so. You may insult some folks, and get them mad, and have to face whatever legal reaction they have to that insult, but it's still "OK" in the truest sense.

But to your point, if you aren't responsible while carrying (and drinking while carrying is irresponsible in my book) then I'd be the first to condemn that.

I only like to call d. bags...d.bags

Mar 19, 2014, 2:58 PM

I ask you again, 99/100 times, what are you going to do as a 21-25 year old, when you go to a bar?

It's not like this is the Applebee's or Chili's bar, where people go to eat and maybe have a drink.

People go to Backstreet's to drink, and maybe get a cheap pizza.

If I'm carrying, I go in to have food

Mar 19, 2014, 3:12 PM

And a non-alcoholic drink.

And so would any law-abiding citizen who is carrying.

Have you been to Backstreets?

Mar 19, 2014, 3:14 PM

It's not that sort of place.

I have not

Mar 19, 2014, 3:18 PM

And I don't think that's salient to the question of whether the poster, as written, was insulting.

I think it is salient

Mar 19, 2014, 3:21 PM

Based on where the sign is posted.

If he posted in the middle of town, I would get the outrage.

OK, I walk into the bar

Mar 19, 2014, 3:24 PM

Not carrying, but a believer in legal law abiding citizens having that right, I read the sign. It is certainly still insulting.

Now, like I said, I don't take offense to it because he doesn't know me. But I certainly recognize the evident intent is insult.

If you're not carrying

Mar 19, 2014, 3:30 PM

Then you don't feel the need to carry a gun with you every where you go. So the sign doesn't apply to you.

That is one way to read it

Mar 19, 2014, 3:38 PM

I think, to be fair, that isn't the way it is written, but I'll grant that point.

Lets say I am carrying and about to enter. I read the sign. The owner has now called me a D-Bag. Insult intended?

What are you planning on doing in the bar?

Mar 19, 2014, 3:41 PM

If you say drinking and you are carrying then I would say yes, you are a d. bag.

Nope

Mar 19, 2014, 3:43 PM

Gonna grab a bite to eat. Maybe a coke.

Still insult intended?

You haven't been to Backstreets then

Mar 19, 2014, 3:45 PM

It's not that sort of place.

I still fail to see your point

Mar 19, 2014, 3:52 PM

To me it is rather simple. He wrote, for whatever reason, a sign which insulted folks. They were insulted and let it be known. He, if I read the later reports right, changed the sign.

That should be the end of it, except for the folks offended enough to still hold on to a grudge.

None of this requires me to believe him a bad person or be upset, and nor does it require me to believe the sign wasn't intending insult.

I'm saying that the folks he insulted

Mar 19, 2014, 4:02 PM

Probably weren't going to go to Backstreet's anyway. Thus, they would not see the sign, and thus, they would not be insulted by it.

I made a flow chart in the amphitheater to help you out.

OK

Mar 19, 2014, 5:09 PM

So the folks he insulted weren't going there.

Doesn't change the fact he chose to insult folks when there was no need to do so.

If it wasn't for the internet, and someone taking a picture

Mar 19, 2014, 7:54 PM

How many people do you think it really would have insulted? I'm guessing you wouldn't have even known about it. It's a small town bar with a feisty owner. I'm guessing people considered that quirky before everyone got offended by everything.

Your first sentence is true

Mar 19, 2014, 8:49 PM

And totally irrelevant.

Like I said, I'm not offended. But I find it laughable that the answer to folks calling him out for his insult is "Hey, you wouldn't have known about it if you didn't know about it"

Re: HOLD UP DrewTiger...when's the last time you were in it?

Mar 19, 2014, 3:32 PM [ in reply to I think it is salient ]

they seriously have dayum good food & lots of people go there weekly & for the daily specials throughout the week.
sliders night, pizza night, wings night, burgers night, DRINKS night :)

i'm a little offended you'd group me into "those people" that go to backstreets! ;)

you really shouldn't knock before trying it...again..?

Pizza was always great

Mar 19, 2014, 3:33 PM

It usually did a pretty good job of soaking up the alcohol. However, and again, this is just my personal everyone I knew and or know went to Backstreets to drink. The fact that it had decent food was a big plus.

AH-HAH! ok, just wanted you to admit the food's good &

Mar 19, 2014, 3:35 PM

it ain't that bad of a bar :)

I like Backstreets.

Mar 19, 2014, 3:37 PM

It was always on my usual tour of bars. Especially on pizza and liquor pitcher nights.

Re: the other food is excellent too!

Mar 19, 2014, 3:26 PM [ in reply to I only like to call d. bags...d.bags ]

especially the wings & burgers :)

now that i'm so high, i want backstreets food & drink!!!
LOL :-D

Have you ever been without drinking?

Mar 19, 2014, 3:31 PM

I know I haven't. I would like to see a poll of people who have entered Backstreets without purchasing alcohol.

Re: Have you ever been without drinking?

i have, but VERY few times...which is part reason to go to a bar

Exactly my point***

I have been to a number of bars and not been drinking

Mar 19, 2014, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Have you ever been without drinking? ]

I'm not sure how saying "I don't know anyone who goes into this bar and doesn't drink" is somehow implying he is insulting individuals who can choose to do just that.

So, you've never been there?

Mar 19, 2014, 3:43 PM

It's a college bar, where mostly college kids, go to drink and eat cheap bar food.

I'm assuming you're not a college kid...so it probably wouldn't apply to you anyway.

I'm thinking that he is just upset that he has to put the sign up in his BAR. How many other states allow CW in bars?

I honestly don't remember ever going there

Mar 19, 2014, 3:50 PM

Not sure how longs it's been around, but I probably haven't.

As to how many states allow CCW in bars the answer is not many. I believe it was 3 or 4 back in 2010 when I took the nationwide course.

And it's a hot-button issue of discussion, even among CCW folks.

I would have zero problem carrying in a bar if I wasn't drinking because I trust myself with my weapon. And I also tend to find that the only people this can stop from entering bars with a gun are individuals who plan to obey the law. It's a logical conundrum because I 100% see the problem of mixing alcohol and firearms.

I'm not advocating for the right to do so.

But SC said it was OK, and the owner only has to post a sign if he wants to disallow it. And the insulting sign he posted may have been out of anger for that, but if so he chose a strange target for that anger rather than the state who told him he had to.

Re: Nothing wrong with the sign.......nothing wrong with the

Mar 19, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Nothing wrong with the sign.......nothing wrong with the ]

im not riled up, just stated I never liked the place anyways.

It may not be a huge deal, but it's idiotic and insulting

Mar 19, 2014, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Nothing wrong with the sign.......nothing wrong with the ]

I don't see how you can say it's "just gun folks getting all riled up over nothing" when the sign was trying to insult gun folks. It had its intended purpose, and now the gun folks are giving it back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just saying, and not to lump all gun owners together, but...

Mar 19, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Well... the sign was an explicit insult ]

is the same crew that thinks people being p.c. is ruining our country crying about someone not being p.c. and hurting their feelings?

Thank you, Drew. End of story. Finite.

Mar 19, 2014, 2:27 PM

That is the main point. And to get into insults, but the sad thing is I'm really not too sure they even see it or get that.

This isn't a case of PC or not PC

Mar 19, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Just saying, and not to lump all gun owners together, but... ]

I don't get worked up one way or another over words that may have secret intentions or carry connotations not immediately seen by everyone. That's a worthwhile debate, and not one that can be simplified very easily.

However, this was a man aiming insult (or at least it certainly appears he was aiming to insult) at folks. It is not PC or NON-PC to argue that calling a group of folks D-Bags is insulting.

See, the "I hate this P.C. bullcrap"

Mar 19, 2014, 2:36 PM

Would say that you are just being sensitive and need to grow a pair.

Good Lawd...just watched the WYFF interview with the guy.

Mar 19, 2014, 2:39 PM

People are actually telling this guy his actions with the sign somehow also indicates he doesn't support the TROOPS?!?!?!? Please, Lord, kill this elephant beast called Republican Conservatism. Please, destroy it.

Re: Good Lawd...just watched the WYFF interview with the guy.

Mar 19, 2014, 2:41 PM

spoken like a true libtard

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is that compassionate conservatism we have all grown

Mar 19, 2014, 2:44 PM

to love. Thank goodness you didn't write that on a sign and put on a door. Then you would have to protest yourself, Smack.

just bringing it to your level***

i'm personally ALOT more offended by your comments FiloBetto

Mar 19, 2014, 3:25 PM [ in reply to There is that compassionate conservatism we have all grown ]

than someone calling me a d-bag because they don't want me to carry a gun in their business.

i'm neither political party really...considering myself much too smart to limit myself to picking A side or a "team" to rally & protest for. all parties have things i'm completely for & against so it's ignorant to group folks like that & i'm certain most truly intelligent, common-sensible, & worldly people would agree. I don't like any group in/of gov't telling me what i can or can't do with myself & not affecting others, or taking what i work hard for to give to someone who doesn't (that CAN!).
Cheering a group...that's what my university team is for, but i lean more "conservative" on values if you will, however reserve the right to call them ALL IDIOTS & liars to the public & voters (you're blind or naive if you don't see it, or a sheeple...) with Mr. Obama being one of the worst liars in our political history...to which he & the media have you snowed once again if you don't see it, especially with all the facts to support it.
i like some ideas of both but we have to cave on some values & wishes to gain others & decide which are more important to us personally.
with that being said, i'm not saying who you should vote for but throwing a political nametag on a group, whether for or against guns, or welfare, or weather conditions is just BS imo. there are plenty of folks & probably at least 50-50 that would disagree with you, so you risk offending as many folks as Pete.
as for PC & offending those who get too easily offended when they're supposed to be "tough"...it's funny that you surely consider yourself liberal & conservatives get too hurt too easy when THEIR rights are infringed upon (maybe not YOURS though), yet i'd be willing to bet that you'd be so offended if someone wanted to have or do something YOU didn't like, probably such as prayer in church or saying the pledge of allegiance in school, or having "in God we trust" on our money (or removing it because you don't like it).
sorry in advance if i'm generalizing & not spot on the money about you...but i'm generalizing, get it? see how it feels? calling someone stupid because they have a slightly different view of what they think is morally right & what they believe in, is in itself shiaty & stupid if you ask me...
and there's not really anything to do with Pete & the Backstreets deal in it either if you ask me. it's an issue of personal rights & freedoms, not gov't decision & choice of control over the population, or choosing a political party of fools.

so...F you if you don't like guns, I DO & i'm educated, experienced & know how to use them for sport, survival, & defense.

did Pete's comment come across wrong to some & offend? yep, but where do you get off turning it into a "conservative republican" bashing column & pulpit?

some may be agreeing with you & laughing, but plenty find it sad for you & your view/comments. just think about.
if i offend you...oh well, it's only a college sports forum & i'm actually not offended by your comments because i guess i have thick skin or i'm tough. but remember that the guns, cars, planes, greenhouse gasses, & etc...don't cause the problem & kill or hurt people, people like you, me & everyone else on here does it.
try not to be so much better than others & high & mighty.

guess you pulled a Pete...

Go Tigers!

And F you too, fella.

Mar 19, 2014, 8:53 PM

Keep fighting the good fight for your Conservative compadres.

Re: thanks! & you too there libby-loosey ;-)

Mar 19, 2014, 10:04 PM

My friends aren't your definition of "conservative" necessarily, wouldn't expect a hard iron headed Obama activist plow such as yourself to understand.
I kinda like calling intelligent & truly tolerant within reason folks my "campadres" but you wouldn't get that I guess.
Simply calling your spade buddy.
You didn't like it but I can see your point til the extent that you started getting stupidly politically "liberal".
And calling folks with guns crazy idiots.
Take us away & there's nobody to protect your rights & freedoms...better believe that! Checks & balances happens between the people & the politicians too, as it should!

You libbies sure can dish it out, but you definitely cannot

Mar 19, 2014, 10:29 PM [ in reply to There is that compassionate conservatism we have all grown ]

take it. You constantly attack conservatives on every front, but when you get your ### handed to you, you whine like a bunch of little pups who just had their tails bobbed.

Re: BOMB!...or rather BOOM!

Mar 19, 2014, 10:41 PM

Wait, is it even legal to type the word bomb anymore???

Lol

I have an idea! Take the guns away from the people that use them properly & for the correct reasons...then we'll be safe!

You morons act like criminals will follow the rules & just not bother you...pitiful!

Ever killed, cleaned, & eaten your own take? Or fed your family off of something you provided with your own hands & skill? Try it if not & get back to nature, that'd be a bigger help than supporting your superstores.

Re: Uh-Ohhhh...NOW it's political for sure! LOL, was only a

Mar 19, 2014, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Good Lawd...just watched the WYFF interview with the guy. ]

matter of time :-/

SHOOT EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T AGREE!!! wait...huh?

that's more of a liberal mantra...

Mar 19, 2014, 2:56 PM

they scream tolerance but if you don't agree with them...

That is indeed truly idiotic.

Mar 19, 2014, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Good Lawd...just watched the WYFF interview with the guy. ]

But, to be fair, his insult was also aimed at folks who wouldn't try to argue that stupid point.

And I don't hate him, and am not angry with him at all. I don't take offense because he doesn't know me. I do however find it odd folks would think it strange other folks feel insulted when they were explicitly insulted.

I fail to see how this has anything to do with being PC***

Mar 19, 2014, 2:40 PM [ in reply to See, the "I hate this P.C. bullcrap" ]

because words are hurting feelings

Mar 19, 2014, 2:44 PM

He said what he thought and now everyone is getting all worked up about the word d.bags. like it is some huge slur to an entire portion of the population.

Again, if you're going to Backstreets, 99/100 times you're going to drink. If you are drinking with your weapon, you are breaking the law, and probably endangering everyone else. So you are probably a D. Bag.

If you feel like you need to carry a gun 24/7 in Clemson, and especially into bars you are probably a d. bag.

after the "no cw's allowed inside", the sign was attacking

Mar 19, 2014, 2:47 PM

ALL cwp holders. that much is indisputable.

And who cares if he does, Sgt?

Mar 19, 2014, 2:49 PM

Who can legitimately be "upset"? It is funny.

Local, law abiding folks, who don't like to be insulted

And make their opinions known?

What's your point?

And?

Mar 19, 2014, 2:54 PM

You are offended. Big whup.

I am not

Mar 19, 2014, 3:14 PM

Others are.

And the big whup goes all around. It upset some folks, they felt insulted and reacted. Why is being insulted in the wrong reaction to having someone insult you?

Re: And?

Mar 19, 2014, 3:45 PM [ in reply to And? ]

Coming from someone who apparently supports the "side" of politics that relies on "offended" people to garner a sizeable portion of its votes.

LOL........you keep believing that, IBe. It has nothing to

Mar 19, 2014, 8:26 PM

do with demographics, shift in thought in this country, or horrible candidates you limp wristed Conservatives put other. Nah, man. It simply boils down to "offended people vote Democratic".....Good one, man.

Re: LOL........you keep believing that, IBe. It has nothing to

Mar 19, 2014, 11:20 PM

Yah maaaahhhn. First of all, it's a fact that the Democratic party capitalizes on marginalized groups feeling "victimized" and "offended" to garner votes...without actually every DOING anything to help those individuals (okay, the latter part is my own commentary). The current state of the Republican party doesn't really change that at all.

Second of all, I love the hypocritical "limp wristed Conservatives" angles, considering I really don't identify as a "conservative." Check my past stances on foreign policy, separation of church and state, abortion, gay rights and marijuana legalization.

Nice job of being a hypocrite. Implying that my labels are somehow misguided while misapplying your own labels towards me in the process. Mind=Blown.

My point still stands. You make light of people being "offended" when you're from the very group who shows a laughable degree of butthurt about EVERYTHING that could be construed as offensive....unless said offense targets your own political enemies. It's quite literally the oldest trick in the liberal playbook.

The hypocrisy and irony is almost overwhelming. LOL!

do you find it funny if i call liberals names ? no, you

Mar 19, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to And who cares if he does, Sgt? ]

respond with your point of view, no difference. everyone wishes y'all could accept that, but it seems y'all can't. your way or the highway.

No CW inside THE BAR

Mar 19, 2014, 3:01 PM [ in reply to after the "no cw's allowed inside", the sign was attacking ]

If you feel like you need to carry your CW inside his bar, he thinks you are a DBag. He doesn't think everyone who carries is a d bag. Sgt Tiger, let me ask you, what do 99% of people who read that sign going to do in Backstreets? Have you ever been there, and if you have, what did you do there?

If you choose to break this law, you are worse than a Dbag

Mar 19, 2014, 2:48 PM [ in reply to because words are hurting feelings ]

I have zero tolerance for folks who don't take the responsibility when they carry VERY seriously. It is idiotic and criminal.

That group is not the sole target of his insult. Assuming so seems to be making quite an ignorant generalization. Now, I imagine he may not even think what his sign implies, and as such I'd bet it could be worded much better, but to argue that the insult, as written, didn't aim well beyond the "Drink while carrying" crowd would be not to really read what he wrote.

Thom, he is aiming that message at those idiots out there

Mar 19, 2014, 2:51 PM

that don't just like their guns, but instead LOOOOOOOOVE their guns. He is a gun owner himself. He probably isn't a guy that treats guns better than his wife, though.

Well that may have been what he intended

Mar 19, 2014, 2:53 PM

But that wasn't what he wrote.

And like I said, I'm discussing purely cause I enjoy discussion. I'm not offended, because I refuse to take insult from someone who doesn't know me.

But to argue that, as written, it wasn't insulting well beyond your asserted target is, in my estimation, not defensible.

The only people reading the sign

Mar 19, 2014, 3:02 PM

Would be cw people coming into his bar correct?

Or walking by it, yes.

Mar 19, 2014, 3:11 PM

And to be fair he advertises it as a pub & grill, so that certainly would at least advise folks that it's possible to go in to eat and not drink (not that I think it makes a difference to your point).

Come on now.

Mar 19, 2014, 3:13 PM

Do you read paper signs on in the windows of buildings you're not planning on entering? Also, I'm fairly certain that 99% of the people going into Backstreet's know it's a bar. It's not on the main drag, and it looks, smells, and sounds like a bar.

I'm truly not trying to be disingenuous.

Mar 19, 2014, 3:17 PM

My point all along has been he insulted folks, and they got offended. They weren't searching for an insult, he put it out there for them to see.

Part of the problem here is some folks get upset when generalizations are made about groups to which they belong, and especially when those generalizations are insulting (and it is odd to try and argue there was no insult here). When you read the sign it certainly seems to say that the owner/bar thinks that folks who conceal carry weapons are D-Bags. That offends some folks because frankly it is a incorrect characterization of a large portion of that group.

Are you searching for an insult if you're being insulted?

Mar 19, 2014, 5:09 PM

I mean, if there's a sign in a storefront that just says "camcgee is an idiot," am I searching for an insult if I call the sign insulting? Would I be justified in not patronizing that establishment even if I didn't feel personally insulted, or even if I didn't care that the store owner was trying to insult me?

And, really, it doesn't matter if the sign is correct that I'm an idiot (certainly possible). It just doesn't make sense for me to continue frequenting a place where the owner thought it appropriate to post a sign that was explicitly insulting to me.

If there was a sign in a Clemson bar saying that

Mar 19, 2014, 7:55 PM

CamCG is a flaming Obama Lover and I'm not saying there is or isn't, because I may or may not have posted several the last time I was in town...seriously, why would you care?

Message was edited by: drewtigeralum03®

Re: If there was a sign in a Clemson bar saying that

Mar 19, 2014, 8:16 PM

any establishment that loves osamaobama will never get one cent of my $$$...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well don't visit any establishments

Mar 19, 2014, 8:17 PM

that Cam has anything to do whit, because man, he's got it bad for Obama.

Filo: yeah well, its probably not a good idea to take your wife

Mar 19, 2014, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Thom, he is aiming that message at those idiots out there ]

to the bar anyways, or let them go by themselves without you...look at me, i'm divorced! lol :-O

hmmm...i see your point THERE :)

You're just being obtuse***

Mar 19, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to See, the "I hate this P.C. bullcrap" ]

If I had a dollar for every time my wife said that

Mar 19, 2014, 8:37 PM

We could totally start a bar together. It would be awesome! We would be like the odd couple (but not really a couple)! Heck Cam let's do it, let's start a bar bro!

Insulting people is not being un- PC

Mar 19, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Just saying, and not to lump all gun owners together, but... ]

Political correctness doesn't must mean being nice.

A "Yankee hippie a-hole [sorry if redundant]"? Why did he

Mar 19, 2014, 4:27 PM

need to put the sign up in the first place?

Well said!

Mar 19, 2014, 5:05 PM

I love backstreets...always been my favorite bar. I hate the frat goons and dumb sorority girls that occupy everywhere else

Like it or not, it's Pete's place and he can do as he chooses.

No one is saying otherwise

Mar 19, 2014, 5:07 PM

No one is trying to abridge his rights (or at least no one here). What they are saying is he seemingly chose to insult folks, and some folks are offended by what he said and letting it be known.

You people are so naive saying,"People are quite safe there"

Mar 19, 2014, 6:55 PM

.You do realize that until a few years ago, people,ALL people thought they were safe in movie theaters,restaurants,post offices, doctor's offices,malls,SCHOOLS. Guess what. You MAY not be safe anywhere anymore from either a lunatic or heaven forbid, but it is coming,when a radical muslim decides to open up on everyone in a shopping mall. Knowing that it is possible, even though highly unlikely that I will ever be present when something like that happens, I choose to be armed as often as possible. If you saw The Godfather, I often think of what Sonny said," I don't want my brother walking out of that bathroom with just his #### in his hand". If I or my wife are ever in a situation where that occurs, I want to have options. I don't want to depend on fate or being able to talk a lunatic or fanatic out of murdering me. A lot of you may think we, CWP carriers, are nuts. Maybe we are, but maybe not. I can tell you this,if you start carrying a weapon, you will quickly decide that you don't want to argue with someone who is riding your bumper, talking too loud, breaking in line,etc. No sir. You do not want any kind of confrontation. And, I think I speak for the majority of CWP carriers. So, if the owners of businesses do not want us there, that is there choice. They can display to the world that ONLY people who believe no one will harm them shop there. Good luck to you.

Re: i give you credit because i don't disagree at all w/CWP

Mar 19, 2014, 7:07 PM

h3ll...i'm thankful for it! and that situation(s) you describe could happen anytime & anywhere...however for some reason less plausible at Clemson, maybe a false feeling of security. But this wouldn't happen if i'm near my vehicle or home, i know that much.

still, i've personally, in all my years living & visiting around clemson & going out (backstreets & others) i've NEVER had a situation that couldn't be handled with my brains, my fists, or more alcohol, that's no joke.

to each his own (theory too)

First, I live in Powdersville. If you have been through here

Mar 19, 2014, 8:32 PM

it appears to be about as safe a place as there is in South Carolina. I run 5 or 6 times a week down near the high school on country roads. Never dreamed I could be at risk. A couple of months ago, less than a mile from Wren, an older man and his wife came home just after dark. He went inside and she went to the mailbox. 75 feet from her house. A car with three men stopped, one got out, grabbed her by the throat, put a gun to her head and told her to be quiet and get him in the house. Her husband happened to see it. He grabbed his gun, met them at the door, got shot in the stomach himself, but he put three rounds in the attacker and killed him. THAT WAS IN POWDERSVILLE. My question, what are you going to do between the bar and your truck?

Second, I have been in a few scrapes myself. Several years ago I got in an altercation with someone I knew pretty well. But, I did not know he was bi-polar and not taking his meds. A few days after the fight, he tried to commit suicide! That will make you think. Nowdays, you do not know who you are dealing with and how far they are willing to take it. My advice it to avoid a fight if possible, but if not possible, I want to be able to defend myself or my wife to the fullest.

Ok, I get it the world is a dangerous place

Mar 19, 2014, 8:35 PM

I think it's probably more dangerous with a bunch of armed college kids in a bar.

I seriously doubt that you get it. I bet you want to go to

Mar 19, 2014, 11:49 PM

the theaters with big No Guns Allowed signs, because you fell all warm and fuzzy that is a Safe Zone. But, I bet if some lunatic ever ignores those signs( well, I'm sorry to tell you, he won't ignore them, in fact he will seek them out)and opens fire on you and yours, you will probably be one of the first to ask," Where were the police. Who gave him the guns? Let's go take all the law abiging people's guns from them so this won't ever happen again".

Re: First, I live in Powdersville. If you have been through here

Mar 19, 2014, 8:45 PM [ in reply to First, I live in Powdersville. If you have been through here ]

Well...first of all, if I don't have a concealed carry gun, how is someone else going to have one in the bar? They'd check someone suspicious if that the case I hope.
Am I required to tell them going in? If not, anybody COULD have a gun in there if they don't go to the extent of frisking & metal detecting everyone (& F That).
Let's hope they aren't crazy & packing & looking for a disaster to start! But #### man I refuse to live completely paranoid & always on red alert! ###### this is America & I won't bend my ideals of comfort AND Freedom just because I'm scared to live without thinking I need my gun always...
If it came down to it, I'd attempt heroism I'm certain of that much, & there it is.
We all have choices on how we wanna live & where we wanna go.

Fear, JBthetiger.......fear is another thing the current

Mar 19, 2014, 8:51 PM

version of the Conservative Republican will always hammer into its minions. Always be afraid. We are war. Everytime you step outside, it could be your last. Be very afraid.

it's not about fear at all

Mar 19, 2014, 10:05 PM

It's about being prepared if something happens. I hope I never have to draw my weapon, but if a situation arises I would rather be prepared to handle it than the alternative. I can't carry most of the time since I'm in school, but whenever I'm back home I carry and it's not out of fear.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Fear, JBthetiger.......fear is another thing the current

Mar 19, 2014, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Fear, JBthetiger.......fear is another thing the current ]

I don't believe in that crap & only paranoid tv & media devouring fools do!
It works both ways too, by the way! Everyone's fears are different. Some folks fear not having free health care or some bs rendition they're supposed to believe is free.

But if you love it, then turn on the tube & let them warp your ideals & knowledge & tell you what to think with one-sided fandom for those who would hurt you & tell you they're helping you, but remember they're telling you what to do & not giving you all the evidence to choose for yourself.

So easily manipulated without even questioning...sad really.
You've gotten your daily dose of media/ultra-liberal free "medicine" brainwashing straight from Barrack's silver spoon it seems & you're begging for more until you realize it actually sucks & doesn't lift society up but rather bring EVERYONE but the elite down to a lower level or class. Keep letting it pass unquestioned & you'll reap those ensnared rewards. I choose to see reality.
Not all folks are good & innocent, as not everyone is deserving of a handout, that's the real shake!

It amazes me that you think because you are going to follow

Mar 19, 2014, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: First, I live in Powdersville. If you have been through here ]

the guys ban on fireams in his bar, that the criminal or lunatic is also going to obey that request. I have a friend that three years ago, when I got mine and started to carry said the exact same thing as you," I am not going to live my life in fear". He is now seriously considering buying not only a handgun, but an AR-15, which I don't even own.

For what it is worth, I don't carry all the time. And, I don't go around thinking someone is going to start shooting all the time. I do pay attention to where exits are in restaurants and theaters which I visit alot. I also pay attention to who is walking near me in parking lots.

You didn't explain why your friend had the change of heart.

Mar 19, 2014, 9:56 PM

Maybe he had a real reason. Maybe he has let other people convince him he needs them. Maybe he just has found a new hobby. I don't know. I don't care, either. By your logic, I literally should live my life always expecting something horrible about to happen to me and I should be prepared. Awesome.

This isn't 1960 anymore. And what made him change his mind,

Mar 19, 2014, 10:07 PM

probably a neighbor of of his, shooting and killing a man who grabbed his wife in the driveway. What if that had been in the parking lot at Walmart in Easley? It is just a thought. You are free to do as you wish, but I am certainly no ######### because I choose to carry on my person,LAWFULLY, with full fledged and fingerprinted background check, what the criminal chooses to carry illegally and with mal intent on his mind. Just as a thought, I wonder how many bar patrons have left Backstreet intoxicated with their keys in their hands. I wonder if the owner has a problem with that....Personally, if I am ever shot, and it is by someone with a CWP trying to save my life, I can accept that a lot better than a criminal trying to take it.

Re: & safety is awareness...just because I CHOOSE to not

Mar 19, 2014, 10:33 PM [ in reply to It amazes me that you think because you are going to follow ]

Live fearfully doesn't mean I don't acknowledge the danger, but it's a risk I'm willing to take for living life. Not everyone decides to be like me, but I choose to knowing the consequences. We all live & die & don't have a clue when we're gonna go. I control what I can & some things I chance. Maybe I think I'm invincible to a certain extent but that's me...
I also don't consider owning an AR-15 any different than a shotgun, they just look cooler & serve different purposes when hunting.
I do plan on getting my CWP whenever a good/cheap opportunity arises, but after my move back here from Germany I was honestly slightly concerned about telling the government what kind of or how many guns I have, because it's none of their business. after the way things are steadily moving...maybe you get me?

seems like only douchebags would be offended

Mar 19, 2014, 6:59 PM

why let one person's silly sign offend you?

I didn't hear the 1st comment there yesterday at all!

Mar 19, 2014, 8:12 PM

& I was there before & after the game, so that validates that not many people going in there (if any) last night were offended, turned away, or made any remarks & I tend to hang near the door & pool table (maybe my natural instinct to know where the exit is).

KABAMMA!!!!!

Mar 19, 2014, 8:17 PM

I have to concur on that however ;)

I kinda like my money that I bust my hump & struggle for!

You know there are actually legally binding stickers

Mar 19, 2014, 9:07 PM

That you can get from the state and that when posted clearly in entrances to an establishment prevent a CWP holder from legally carrying inside. If the owner really just wanted a reasonable request honored he would have done this. If he wanted to be a idiot he could write something inflammatory on a piece of copy paper and place it on the front of his building. Which actually provides no legal restriction to a gun owner to carry in his establishment.

To me this isn't about one man's right to ask for his patron's to check the weapons at the door. It is about the rapidly spreading disease of the gun control mentality. Seems our government can convince us a gun is inherently evil. I don't have the numbers but you should look up how many crimes are committed with legally owned guns. Maybe take a moment to listen to the stories of people whose lives were saved by law abiding CWP holders instead of a government agenda. You might change your tune.

Oh yes, the gun control crowd. The gun control govn't.

Mar 19, 2014, 9:12 PM

Remind me again other than the Assault Weapons Ban NOT being signed again (a win for those that want those guns) what major, if any laws, have occurred that have caused any grievances for gun owners or those seeking to acquire guns? I've been hearing about this Obama fella that is going to take our guns for about 7 years now, and oddly enough, it seems to be business as usual if you look at the gun companies' bottom line.

Re: Oh yes, the gun control crowd. The gun control govn't.

Mar 19, 2014, 9:30 PM

for one thing this "so called universal background check" will make me a CRIMINAL if I give my grandson the deer rifle I bought for him.. I would then lose all my guns and would not be allowed to vote!!! I sure U love that!!this is chucky schumer @ his best and lindsey supports this!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Connecticut, California, New York, etc... say hello,

Mar 19, 2014, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Oh yes, the gun control crowd. The gun control govn't. ]

#######.

It's not for a lack of trying (for a long time):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffI-tWh37UY

http://gunowners.org/alert1082014.htm

The only thing that's prevented it so far is that patriots outnumber ####### like you in this state still.

But you already knew that, didn't you, Comrade?***

Mar 19, 2014, 10:40 PM

Re: Connecticut, California, New York, etc... say hello,

Mar 19, 2014, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Connecticut, California, New York, etc... say hello, ]

Bingo

THe fact that he hasn't succeded is for his lack of trying.

Mar 19, 2014, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Oh yes, the gun control crowd. The gun control govn't. ]

You are aware that he and Hillary, who saw fit NOT to defend an American Ambassador, are doing everything in their power to subject the U.S. citizen to the International Arms Treaty. You are aware, that if they are successful in doing this, the United Nations can come in our homes and detain us. Let me ask you. Are old enough to remember the Chinese man, or was he Taiwanese, who stood down a Chinese tank with nothing but his courage. Well, that was a grand gesture,but that is all. If no one has weapons of any kind, it won't take much for a Tyrant to control the lot. Keep in mind, Stalin,Moussolini,Mao-Tse Tung,Hitler,Castro,Kim Jong,Obama were and are for gun control. That is a helluva list to be aligned with. I will take the side of Washington,Jefferson,Hancock,and Spud.

Isn't for his lack of trying...........***

Mar 19, 2014, 10:47 PM

add JBTHE1TIGER to that list on the founding fathers side!

Mar 19, 2014, 11:00 PM [ in reply to THe fact that he hasn't succeded is for his lack of trying. ]

Thank you!

From my cold dead hand...

Re: YEP! with his anti-gun rhetoric, he became top salesman!

Mar 19, 2014, 10:52 PM [ in reply to Oh yes, the gun control crowd. The gun control govn't. ]

What an idiot...threaten to decrease or take something away & they want it that much more!
Being human, human nature.

Thanks Obummy! Ya guaranteed your own agenda will never happen anytime soon, thanks to your spreading fear of abolishing our rights :)

Idiots only know one tune.

Mar 19, 2014, 10:23 PM [ in reply to You know there are actually legally binding stickers ]

Idiocy.

I'll be the first to admit it isn't bad for gun owners in SC

Mar 19, 2014, 9:21 PM

Probably the perfect mix of responsibility and freedom. But it isn't that way all across the country and it certainly doesn't seem to be the plan for the new era we live in.

Where are you talking about? What new era are you referring

Mar 19, 2014, 9:25 PM

to? I just asked you what meaningful legislation has been put in place by the United States Government to take your guns away from you on a permanent basis or in the least, make it harder for you not to be able to purchase a firearm. We can go back 10 years if you like. I literally can't think of anything. All I remember is the Assault Weapons Ban quietly disappeared in the night. I can't think of one single thing Obama or the govn't has done otherwise except get outraged, talk tough, and then really do nothing at all to change anything about the gun culture in America.

I guess you haven't seen the latest ban in Connecticut

Mar 19, 2014, 10:52 PM

whereby 350,000 citizens were made felons overnight. I guess you haven't seen the cases where New York has imprisoned legal CWP owners, who legally, checked their guns at the airport. And then kept the legal citizens firearms which were illegally confiscated.

Re: Well thank God!

Mar 19, 2014, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Where are you talking about? What new era are you referring ]

But if only that were true! Registering your guns is a form of control & a means to confiscate them whenever they deal it necessary under the guise of OUR security & safety.

Hmm...taking away our one & only defense doesn't sound safe to me!

Re: I'll be the first to admit it isn't bad for gun owners in SC

Mar 19, 2014, 11:02 PM [ in reply to I'll be the first to admit it isn't bad for gun owners in SC ]

Just in time PurplePanther ;)

Like I said not bad in SC

Mar 19, 2014, 9:34 PM

You must have missed that. But have you ever tried buying a gun in NY Illinois or California.

No, I clearly read it. And you clearly still can't give me

Mar 19, 2014, 9:41 PM

an example that backs up yours and many other paranoid gun owner's belief that the government is coming for your guns, and particularly THIS CURRENT government. Not trying to argue with you, man, but seriously, I've been hearing about this crap since before Obama was elected. 7 years later nearly, tons of guns violence, school shootings, etc, and I've yet to see any legislation PASS (the key word being PASS) that has had any effect on gun owner rights.

Here you go.

Mar 19, 2014, 11:00 PM

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2013/3/you-can-help-defeat-proposed-un-arms-trade-treaty.aspx?s=%22UN+Arms+Trade+Treaty%22&st=&ps=

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/second-amendment-gun-legislation-discussion/104781-hillary-clinton-signed-small-arms-treaty-un.html

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2012/09/urgent-hillary-clinton-signs-un-small-arms-treaty-updated-2469290.html

Gun ownership is one of the last distinctive hallmarks of American citizenship

Mar 19, 2014, 11:08 PM

Irks me when people buy that guns are evil crap. It's almost like I can only hear them say. "I hate America" the entire time they repeat that garbage.

Replies: 157
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic