Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“Rushing the Field” at Clemson. Why others don’t get it..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 401

Nov 29, 2018, 10:43 AM

Something occurred to me while reading the interview with the Herbstreit twins when one of them mentioned “rushing the field” after games at Clemson.

We know our rivals always try to joke about our tradition and casual observers frequently think we go way overboard even for minor wins.

But something few ever mention is that we also “ rush the field” after we ... lose.

Yes college football world ... Clemson fans rush the field even after a LOSS!

Our fans are out there for/with the team even when they come up short on the scoreboard.

So, why don’t people seem to ever talk about that?

Well ... here's my theory.

Could it be because a large proportion of the recent college football universe has never actually seen a Clemson home loss?

Anyway ... that’s what occurred to me while reading about the Herbstreit twins. ??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Rushing the field” like a bunch of maniacs is...

Nov 29, 2018, 10:48 AM

going to be the demise of the tradition. Calmly gathering at the paw, showing some degree of civility and order, is the only way to prevent that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

only a matter of time before it's ended.......bank on it

Nov 29, 2018, 10:56 AM

by 1 of the following:

1)idiot fan doing something to opposing team causing harm or fight
2)fans costing Clemson by rushing the field before the clock runs out- penalty, another play, etc.
3)some fan getting hurt and suing

going to be a sad day when it happens- grew up sitting on the hill and running on the field- already can't sit on the hill, only a matter of time

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: only a matter of time before it's ended.......bank on it

Nov 29, 2018, 11:28 AM

I agree with all three. And another likely scenario

4) visiting team player takes out a fan. Brawl ensues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 11:46 AM

Agree - we REALLY have to worry about visitors causing us pain; esp. USUcK - if I have to hear 1 more Chicken Fan scream about "field was rushed, and we did not get to finish the game..." I'm gonna flip !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well sadly have to agree with them, Saturday was not good

Nov 29, 2018, 12:06 PM

how hard is it to look at a clock and wait to zero and the final play? People laugh at the countdown clock about being on the field but if fans don't start adhering to it the whole thing will be done away with. It's one thing when we have the ball and do a kneel down and the other team has no timeouts and Dabo and team starts walking across. It's totally different when the other team is rushing up to the line and should be able to get a play off-- whether it impacts outcome of game or not. There was I believe a 1 score game against someone years ago where we should have been flagged and the other team should have gotten another down.

Nov 29, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to only a matter of time before it's ended.......bank on it ]

I agree with you.

Just look at what happened at the end of the LSU TA&M game last week when the fans rushed the field.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: “Rushing the field” like a bunch of maniacs is...

Nov 29, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to “Rushing the field” like a bunch of maniacs is... ]

you are correct and in todays world there is no chance of people behaving. people are self entitled bozos who wont behave. all it takes is one nut job to ruin this and there are no shortage of those

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True

Nov 29, 2018, 11:33 AM [ in reply to “Rushing the field” like a bunch of maniacs is... ]

You can't make balloons outta turtle food.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 11:36 AM [ in reply to “Rushing the field” like a bunch of maniacs is... ]

On Men in Black, K is told "people in general are good"... K's response is " a person is good... A crowd of people are an ignorant mob, and you know it"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to “Rushing the field” like a bunch of maniacs is... ]

Actually I think things are moving in the opposite direction. I saw a few SEC games this year where the fans actually rushed the field to celebrate and of course the school was fined by the conference. But at least those fans are trying to put a little college emotion back into a league that tries to pass itself off as more of a professional stadium setting with heavy security.

After the premature rushing last week I’ll be surprised

Nov 29, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to “Rushing the field” like a bunch of maniacs is... ]

if they aren’t already planning how to scale it back or end it all together next year.

I don't really "rush" ... mine is more of a saunter.***

Nov 29, 2018, 11:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some said you appeared to be sashaying

Nov 29, 2018, 11:47 AM

I maintained you were a saunter

Re: I don't really "rush"... mine is more an ease over the

Nov 29, 2018, 12:02 PM [ in reply to I don't really "rush" ... mine is more of a saunter.*** ]

wall and flop on the ground

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Rushing the Field” at Clemson. Why others don’t get it..

Nov 29, 2018, 12:26 PM

It is a special tradition.

But is is outlawed and the school gets a fine in other conferences. I agree that is will go away the same way our balloons did.

But it is cool and does seperate us from other schools.

At time 2:50:36 after loss to Pitt in 2016

Nov 29, 2018, 12:35 PM

Cameras primarily focused on Pitt's moment but at there's a second or two showing Clemson fans on the field. Albeit, not an enthusiastic "rush" to the field like some games but none-the-less Clemson fans "rushing" the field after a loss.

https://youtu.be/p6ZZ-yFHvB4?t=10236

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't rush. We take our time and the team waits for us***

Nov 29, 2018, 12:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 12:55 PM

I don't care what anyone else thinks about this. It is for us, not them. Screw 'em.

Replies: 18
| visibility 401
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic