Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers lead for QB Chad Kelly after spring game visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Apr 10, 2011, 2:20 PM

The Buffalo (NY) St. Joseph's dual-threat quarterback and nephew of NFL HOFer Jim Kelly said he was blown away by everything he saw in Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES!!! WE HAVE GOT TO BAG THIS KID

Apr 10, 2011, 3:37 PM

hopefully hes not a flip flopper!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure would love to see him in Clemson Orange...

Apr 10, 2011, 7:52 PM

This guy is a play maker! I'm glad we offered him.

Go Tigers!

He hasn't committed, so if he goes elsewhere,

Apr 10, 2011, 11:19 PM [ in reply to YES!!! WE HAVE GOT TO BAG THIS KID ]

I wouldn't consider him a flip-flopper. Agree with you though that it would be nice to get him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YES!!! WE HAVE GOT TO BAG THIS KID

Apr 11, 2011, 8:38 AM [ in reply to YES!!! WE HAVE GOT TO BAG THIS KID ]

If we can get this new offense cooking, and get his talent at the QB position......watch out!

Wouldnt Boyd still be here when this kid got here

Apr 10, 2011, 4:11 PM

if he committed? Interesting message to send to both QBs telling this kid he might play immediately...

Re: Wouldnt Boyd still be here when this kid got here

Apr 10, 2011, 4:20 PM

Im glad to see that- if it happens. I want the best guy to play, not the one thats been here longest. If Kelly is better than Boyd then let him play

Apr 12, 2011, 4:13 PM

I agree. Enough of this he has been here longer. Lets start a, he is the better player, and he will be the one you will see play on Saturday!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't a promise that he would play. Just the suggestion

Apr 10, 2011, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Wouldnt Boyd still be here when this kid got here ]

that he has the tools to be effective in this offense and could become, at the least, the back-up if he earns it. Same thing you can say to any player of that caliber.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

RB or WR maybe...you RARELY put it in a kids mind

Apr 10, 2011, 4:49 PM

that he has the ability to be a starting QB on the Div IA level. Especially with a 2 year returning starter coming back. Again...if it were WR or RB...ok....if Boyd was leaving...not shocking. But with Boyd returning....this statement is big. And worries me about this year.

Re: RB or WR maybe...you RARELY put it in a kids mind

Apr 10, 2011, 5:17 PM

Except that he's the exact fit for Chad's offense. Big kid with a nice arm and serious running ability.

I'm not saying he'd play a down. In fact, I think he'd redshirt. Just saying they didn't promise him anything. Just said he had a chance of cracking the two-deep.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree about redshirting...

Apr 10, 2011, 10:27 PM

If that's not a deal breaker, it's a good situation. Redshirt next year, Taj will be a Junior. Then Kelly, a (rs) Freshman, backs up the more seasoned / reliable Senior QB in Boyd. Kelly then has an opportunity to run the Offense for 3 years. I'm not worried at all, and sounds like a good problem to have.

yall are forgetting all about stoudt in this equation :)***

Apr 10, 2011, 11:18 PM

Give him a shot.

Apr 11, 2011, 8:54 AM

I don't see an issue with telling a really talented kid that if he came, and he earned it, that he could start as a freshman. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally behind Tahj, and I hope he thrives in this new offense. But I say if you have that high a caliber player that wants to take a crack at the position, let him take it.

Wouldn't you tell ANY kid that?

Apr 11, 2011, 4:58 PM

if you come, and work hard, and earn playing time- you'll get it?

I don't understand why this would be news to any recruit - or why coaches from all over the place use this reasoning with anyone

What coach tells a kid- if you come here, and work hard, and earn playing time- we aren't going to give it to you regardless?

Re: Give him a shot.

Apr 11, 2011, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Give him a shot. ]

it was rumored that Tebow wanted to come to CU but Bowden quit recruiting him in favor of Korn or Parker....can't remember

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: No truth in that. Tebow was a Gator.***

Apr 11, 2011, 8:04 PM

Re: It wasn't a promise that he would play. Just the suggestion

Apr 10, 2011, 10:37 PM [ in reply to It wasn't a promise that he would play. Just the suggestion ]

in a technical sense, everyone has the chance to play right away.

We could redshirt him & he'd only play a year with Boyd

Apr 10, 2011, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Wouldnt Boyd still be here when this kid got here ]

86 rushes for 1057 yards is over 12 yards per rush and 137 completions for 2159 yards and 24 TDs is almost 16 yards per completion and a TD about every 6 completions. Just wondering if he's that good or if the competition isn't as tough up there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We could redshirt him & he'd only play a year with Boyd

Apr 10, 2011, 4:44 PM

Considering it's an NFL city, I'd bet the interest in HS football is pretty big. Hockey may be bigger, but football is probably pretty big.

Re: You play the best you have, All players know that. If

Apr 10, 2011, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Wouldnt Boyd still be here when this kid got here ]

you get beat out: so be it. I am sure TB knows the rules,

Apr 11, 2011, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Wouldnt Boyd still be here when this kid got here ]

I imagine they tell that to *every* athlete who is in high demand, especially quarterbacks who put so much of their decision into how fast they can be the starter. That's probably reason #1 why Boyd came to Clemson, matter of fact--the likelihood of early playing time.

Apr 11, 2011, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Wouldnt Boyd still be here when this kid got here ]

Telling him he would have a chance to play earlier

Apr 11, 2011, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Wouldnt Boyd still be here when this kid got here ]

Kelly is not blind and stupid. He saw the 8-24 performance and he knows he could start.

You're reading too much into it

Apr 11, 2011, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Wouldnt Boyd still be here when this kid got here ]

that is what I was told about something similar.....

Hopefully we will never go back to the Seniority rule.....play the best players! PERIOD!

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

lol, look at this goofy pic of him that TCI.com snapped

Apr 10, 2011, 11:36 PM

lol

Re: lol, look at this goofy pic of him that TCI.com snapped

Apr 10, 2011, 11:38 PM

lol

Re: Not exactly why you think this is goofy

Apr 11, 2011, 8:31 AM

Would you rather see him in handcuffs or drunk on the floor of a hotel room?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not exactly why you think this is goofy

Apr 11, 2011, 8:35 AM

I agree with you. I think he looks like just another good kid. I don't understand the slam.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't look goofy to me. The worst thing about that

Apr 11, 2011, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: lol, look at this goofy pic of him that TCI.com snapped ]

photo is the guy behind him. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol, look at this goofy pic of him that TCI.com snapped

Apr 11, 2011, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: lol, look at this goofy pic of him that TCI.com snapped ]

I was sitting a couple rows up from him Saturday. He looks like a regular guy not goofy at all.

jeez guys, i'm just talking about the look on the kids face

Apr 11, 2011, 9:12 PM

the second they snapped the photo. i'm not saying the kid is a goofy lookin sum #####. i'm saying if chad sees this photo hes probably like "what he hel they couldn't have put a better photo up of me? one that doesnt look like im takin a #### ?"

Mouth breathers win championships.***

Apr 11, 2011, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: lol, look at this goofy pic of him that TCI.com snapped ]

While I won't bank on him coming to CU with it being so

Apr 11, 2011, 9:20 AM

early, it's nice to see that recruits are still getting such a good first impression on the recruiting front.

This staff is absolutely top notch in that area. Hopefully we're gonna be able to "coach 'em up" this year too.

If we have an unexpectedly nice season this year and we could blow the doors off with a second awesome class in a row.

Isn't he the nephew of QB Bills?***

Apr 12, 2011, 3:21 PM

After looking at his film, I'm very impressed.***

Apr 13, 2011, 2:05 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After looking at his film, I'm very impressed.***

Apr 13, 2011, 3:14 PM

Hmmmm? I guess we've forgotten that we have Stoudt. He's the SON of an former NFL QB. Not bad IMO. And I sure was thankful he was in ORANGE on Saturday. He's pretty darn good IMO. My money is on Stoudt being more of an issue than Boyd regarding when Kelly would be able to start.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic