Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After Watching Hunter Johnson's videos...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

After Watching Hunter Johnson's videos...

Feb 2, 2017, 12:57 AM

This kid has an arm. He can throw in tight windows, and spin it for 40 yards with ease. Scrambles well
for an extra 15-20. Faster runner than I had thought also after watching his film. If you haven't seen it, check it on the network's recruiting profile. Don't be surprised if that pocket passer with a big arm heats things up for Spring practice. I know I'm not the only one seeing this, it will be a QB showdown that's a guarantee.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I looked at Chase's video yesterday......

Feb 2, 2017, 1:25 AM

We got some great talent at QB. And more on the way.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Hunter Johnson has better footwork, but...

Feb 2, 2017, 1:31 AM

I watched a camp with both of them and Chase through a better deep ball.

Re: I think Hunter Johnson has better footwork, but...

Feb 2, 2017, 7:08 AM

"Threw"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2017, 7:18 AM

On no you didn't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2017, 7:43 AM

"di'int"

Ooops...*****

Feb 2, 2017, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: I think Hunter Johnson has better footwork, but... ]

The only real knock on Johnson is...

Feb 2, 2017, 2:02 AM

That he's raw. Kind of a gunslinger who hasn't really faced the best talent and had to fit passes into tight windows. He has the arm talent to do it but there is a difference between having the ability to do it and having to do it on a consistent basis under pressure.

I think he may start at some point this year or at the very least get some reps but regardless, I think any QB that plays this year is really just keeping the seat warm for Trevor Lawrence. It's kinda like the DW and Chad Kelly situation. Kelly was good, but he's no Deshaun. Johnson, Cooper and KB are good but they're no Trevor Lawrence.

All are very gifted but DW4 had the brain and/or football knowledge

Feb 2, 2017, 7:40 AM

That set him apart from all of the new gunslingers. We'll see!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly...presnap is as important***

Feb 2, 2017, 7:44 AM

Re: All are very gifted but DW4 had the brain and/or football knowledge

Feb 3, 2017, 6:29 PM [ in reply to All are very gifted but DW4 had the brain and/or football knowledge ]

Exactly!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: After Watching Hunter Johnson's videos...

Feb 2, 2017, 8:14 AM

Quit worrying about arm strength. All of our QB's can "spin it." These guys have to learn a whole new system, & learn to breakdown a College D. It's all about what's between the ears & who picks up the playbook best. Bottom line!
Isreal & Cooper will be starting this season competing with Bryant. Hopefully Johnson & Brice both redshirt, grow and learn. TL will also redshirt his Freshman year. A college QB only really needs one to two solid seasons to get them primed for the NFL. No need to get all beat up if you don't have to. Go Tigers! #wetoodeep

Brice I would buy to redshirt. Johnson I'm not so sure.

Feb 2, 2017, 9:45 AM

If you think Lawrence is a definite redshirt when he gets to campus then you haven's seen him play and you don't know the expectations for him. Many are saying that he is the best high school quarterback to come out of high school in the last 15 years and maybe ever. You don't guarantee a redshirt for him.

Re: Brice I would buy to redshirt. Johnson I'm not so sure.

Feb 2, 2017, 9:58 AM

They thought the same thing about Jimmy Clausen. It's an adjustment from hs to college I don't care who you are. Lawrence may come in and light the world on fire. But he's also going to have to unseat an incumbent starter which isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. It will be interesting to see how the battle plays out. The coaches will play the best guy regardless of year and recruit rankings

I get that but

Feb 2, 2017, 10:01 AM

to say that he will redshirt as though it has already been decided seems like an uninformed statement. Do you expect him to redshirt?

I would also argue that Johnson's redshirt depends as much on Bryant as it does on Johnson. If Bryant shows that he can be the #2 then there may be a greater chance of Johnson taking a redshirt.

Re: I get that but

Feb 2, 2017, 10:07 AM

Honestly I think it depends on qb performance this year to decide whether Lawrence will redshirt. If someone lights it up this year the coaches won't be in a rush to play him unless he is just way better than everyone

Feb 2, 2017, 10:10 AM

I still think he avoids a redshirt. Barring injury the coaches expect him to come in for three years and be gone. I don't expect them to give one of those years to playing strictly on scout team. I think the only tiny chance would be for both Cooper and Johnson to look like All-Americans this year in practice/games. Then they may feel that a redshirt is acceptable for Lawrence.

Feb 2, 2017, 10:36 AM

If we don't redshirt TL next year, it means we had a terrible 2017 season, and our recruiting of QB's sucks without Morris. Not!
Even DeShaun couldn't start as a freshman. Te could come in and make a few plays, but didn't have the playbook down until his 2nd season.
All good problems to have...

Feb 2, 2017, 10:48 AM

Deshaun started every game after Florida St as a true freshman and played significant snaps in every other game he was healthy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2017, 11:59 AM

Lol ??????

Feb 2, 2017, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I get that but ]

Yes, after FL State! And because Cole Stoudt sucked except for one game of his career. We have a much, much better stable of QB's now....

Feb 2, 2017, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: After Watching Hunter Johnson's videos... ]

At this point, it will be a battle between KB, ZC and HJ during the spring. They will all have a leg up on CB because he won't enroll until the summer, but don't count him out. CB ran an identical offense to ours at Grayson, against superb talent and led them to a championship. He is ready...watch the film. He may redshirt indeed, but this will move to a ZC, HJ and CB battle through the end of fall camp. Don't count out any of those guys. It will be VERY close.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2017, 1:04 PM

Schussler also came from Grayson and played in the same system. Doesn't mean he can step right in. I do agree CB will be much nether than people think.
I've heard from people in the know, ZC is special. Size, arm & mind. We shall see soon. April can't get here quick enough. It also gives us something to talk about and speculate.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic