Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville Game Scares Me Not...Lamar Was a Flash In The Pan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,289

Louisville Game Scares Me Not...Lamar Was a Flash In The Pan

Jun 25, 2017, 10:44 AM

Yes, he's dangerous but with much of his supporting cast gone, BV and crew will shut him down for the most part. Also Clemson will not turn the ball over 5 times.

FSU is about the only game that has me a bit uncomfortable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a touch concerned about auburn primarily bc it is so early

Jun 25, 2017, 10:48 AM

And I think stidham will be comfortable initially. However, I think the dline is about to break him into southern football or at least football where we actually play defense. I think if we win 2/3 of of the auburn Louisville and fsu game we may be back in the mix again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll have a couple arrests between now and then.

Jun 25, 2017, 11:04 AM

Oh wait, that won't have an impact.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Louisville Game Scares Me Not...Lamar Was a Flash In The Pan

Jun 25, 2017, 10:57 AM

We have seriously played down to them the last two years. The overall talent of the two programs are heading in different directions. I feel like our guys would have to seriously underperform to lose to them this year.

Jun 25, 2017, 12:24 PM

I do agree that our lads have kept them in the game almost every year. Additionally, now that most of those Charlie Strong Defensive players are gone, I expect to see those Petrino games of old, where game scores are 45-38.

Kinda hard to make a prediction on turnovers.***

Jun 25, 2017, 11:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

difficult for me to understand

Jun 25, 2017, 11:16 AM

Why we haven't wiped them out in all games. No comparison on talent and coaching. Jackson became less of a factor in games as the season progressed. He is a good player (CLEMSON recruited him) but I don't consider him a world beater! If we can keep possession of the ball our defensive guys should be able to limit Mr
Heisman to average figures! I am sure that coach Dabo will have the Tigers ready to play for sixty minutes.
He better! That's a long and expensive trip and I WILL be there.

30 . 20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: difficult for me to understand

Jun 25, 2017, 11:36 AM

Well 3 years ago when they came to clemson it was close bc DW broke his finger and had cole stoutd play so that's why that game was close. We should have handled them at LU the next year but they did have a very talented defense and DW had to find a new #1 bc mike was hurt I think that's that was close and this past year at clemson was close bc turnovers. This year they lost that defense and playmakers and we have blue print to stop Lemar now this year I think the talent gap shows finally!!

Re: Kinda hard to make a prediction on turnovers.***

Jun 25, 2017, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Kinda hard to make a prediction on turnovers.*** ]

This is so true.

Precisely Yes, but to say we have less than 5 is pretty safe***

Jun 25, 2017, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Kinda hard to make a prediction on turnovers.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me, in order of concern...

Jun 25, 2017, 11:20 AM

FSU

Auburn

Louisville

NC State

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: For me, in order of concern...

Jun 25, 2017, 11:31 AM

Better stick vippisu in there somewhere. The trip to Blacksburg will be no picnic in the park

VT lost a lot on both sides of the ball...

Jun 25, 2017, 11:33 AM

While VT can be a tough place to play, this is effectively a rebuilding year for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But their fans will be shaking keys. So there's that.

Jun 26, 2017, 2:56 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 25, 2017, 11:37 AM [ in reply to For me, in order of concern... ]

Same here!

Jun 26, 2017, 1:03 AM [ in reply to For me, in order of concern... ]

I agree with that order as well.

VT is in a re-building year. However, Justin F. (HC) has been known to be a recruiter and a very good coach. He has brought VT back into the football scene in the coastal. However, with Clemson's D, and their starting QB along with major losses on offense, I think it's a Tiger win.

Jun 26, 2017, 7:33 AM [ in reply to For me, in order of concern... ]

What about the chickens? We all know the at the end of 56-7 that we weren't that much better than them, "or better at all."

After Bama destroys fsu, they won't be the

Jun 25, 2017, 11:23 AM

Same all yr... Louisville repeat for fsu..

Jun 25, 2017, 11:32 AM

Tbh I'm more worried about Auburn and FSU mainly. Fsu is loaded this year but I think we can def win glad it's at death valley this year. LU game I'm on the fence they lost a lot of stars on defense and their oline is still weak. With the blueprint that was laid last year, I think people know how to handle Lamar now and he won't be a surprise like last year he won't be surprising anyone early this season! It's at LU and they always play us tough so it won't be easy but with our defense I'm more worried about FSU then Auburn!

Jun 25, 2017, 2:34 PM

Behind FSU, NCST scares me the most. They always play is incredibly tough in Raleigh, and now they have revenge on their mind. We may be more talented, but we almost slipped up and lost at home with probably a more talented team than what we'll have this year. They get their QB back, their D-Line is nasty, and belief is a powerful thing. They saw last year that they can beat us, now they want to prove to the world that they will. The crowd will be wild, and maybe worst of all, we get them the week before FSU, so you know no matter how much the coaches preach "this week is the most important week" there won't be a single player on that team that won't be at least thinking about Florida State, especially if both teams are undefeated at that point, or both highly ranked. The only sense of calm I feel is maybe the guys will be more locked in on NCST this year and not just "show up" like they did last year, because of how close the game was last year and will give the Pack our full attention

Jun 25, 2017, 11:28 PM

We actually dominated NCST last season but TOs deep in ours and their end keep it way too close .
The Pack will be better this season and it will be a tough game.
Heck we have beat them like 13 out of 15 but most of those game were nail biters

Jun 26, 2017, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Game Scares Me Not...Lamar Was a Flash In The Pan ]

Nc st should an easy game for the coaches to get players attention. Easy to show they almost got beat by them.

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,289
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic