Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Adversity...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,796

Adversity...

Oct 14, 2017, 5:52 AM

Some of you need to wake up to reality.

Let me start by saying, we are all disappointed with the loss and everyone should be. Losing sucks. We played badly tonight. No secret.

With that said, losing is a part of life and it's certainly a part of sports.

This clemson football team and staff has experienced unprecedented success over the last severe seasons. Some of u seem to forget where Dabo, this staff, and this team has taken us.

After last night, this team is facing some adversity. Some of you "fans" calling on Dabos head, calling the coaches idiots, attacking players, and whining about every little thing, makes me wonder if u have any idea how to face adversity in life.

Do u turn this quickly on your family, friends, coworkers, etc?

If I'm not mistaken, we lost a game last year in the middle of the season, AT HOME, with our team HEALTHY! We faced adversity, how did that season turn out?

Dabo is no stranger to adversity. I have full faith he'll have this bunch regroup and they'll be ready in 14 days against GT!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Adversity...

Oct 14, 2017, 5:56 AM

the difference is, this Syracuse team is mediocre, at ABSOLUTE best. there is really no excuse for losing to a team like this, so unless Syracuse wins out, which i seriously doubt, our hopes of repeating are over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2017 Syracuse 3-3... 2016 Pitt 4-4. We lost both...

Oct 14, 2017, 6:15 AM

In 2016, we had Deshaun Watson, we were at home, and we had a healthy roster.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone loves bringing up that Pitt loss in this situation

Oct 14, 2017, 6:00 AM

but never gives credit to Iowa for beating #2 Michigan or USC for beating #4 Washington. That was the ONLY reason we survived that loss. That same luck isn't happening today.

There's something in these hills.

Still 7 weeks to go in the season. A lot can and will happen...

Oct 14, 2017, 6:11 AM

We also may lose another one.

Are you ready to bail if that's the case?

My point was, losses happen. They suck but it's part of the journey. It's how we respond to it that makes us the program we are.

###### coaching and #### poor execution are a part

Oct 14, 2017, 6:16 AM

of the journey? Maybe for a Bowden coached team, which was what last night looked like. We lost to a bad team. A team who's only advantage was the wanted it more. That is on the coaches.

Our teams response may be severely hindered with the injuries we were dealt.

Why don't you email Dabo and ask him to cancel the rest of the season...

Oct 14, 2017, 6:22 AM

While your at it, be a man and tell him all the things you have been saying on the message boards.

We sucked last night. I think we'd all admit that. Everybody has a bad day. It doesn't make it better or right but it happens. We'll see how we respond. I have no reason to believe we won't respond positively with Dabo and his track record

Bad days aren't a result of poor planning. They're bad luck,

Oct 14, 2017, 6:42 AM

tough draws, things not working out, etc.

Last night was a lack of execution, poor planning, even worse execution and an arrogant coaching staff who thought we could do anything and get away with it.

Do you ever actually contribute to a conversation?

Was that really a reply to my post?

Oct 14, 2017, 6:56 AM

Please explain

Re: Everyone loves bringing up that Pitt loss in this situation

Oct 14, 2017, 6:19 AM [ in reply to Everyone loves bringing up that Pitt loss in this situation ]

You’re right in that 3 top teams lost last year, and we were fortunate. However, we have seniors that have only lost 6 games (three freshmen year14, Bama15, Pitt16, Syracuse17) the whole time they have been at Clemson, we have juniors that have only lost 3 games, we have sophomores that have only now lost 2 games, and now the freshmen have lost their first game. Sometimes a kick in the teeth and a big taste of humble pie is what all of us need in this life. I will be cheering even harder today for hopefully at least two if not more top 5 to top 10 upsets. They say to make it to the championship game you have to be two things: a really great team and lucky. Let’s hope our boys get healthy and we come back hungry for the rest of the year. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last years loss was in week 9... this year week 7.

Oct 14, 2017, 6:24 AM

A lot can and will happen between now and playoff selection. If we win out, I like our chances at getting a spot.

Win out with who playing? Cooper? No way.

Oct 14, 2017, 6:45 AM

Fuller? Hell no.

That loss wasn't just an L on a scorecard. Clemson's got serious issues as a result.

you do realize Fuller had 0 carries last night and Bryant

Oct 14, 2017, 7:00 AM

has a sprained ankle and concussion... pretty common injuries in football. We have 2 weeks to get him healthy.

We'll be fine! Go pull for the Coots!

"Hope."

Oct 14, 2017, 6:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Everyone loves bringing up that Pitt loss in this situation ]

What a ###### team like Syracuse clings to.

Worked out for them last night. They hoped we wouldn't execute. It worked. That loss is all on the coaches.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,796
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic