Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Adams posts picture of him counting money this morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Adams posts picture of him counting money this morning

Feb 5, 2013, 8:32 AM

Its on his instagram..from what I see its only 20s but still with the timing of all this is kinda funny.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Adams posts picture of him counting money this morning

Feb 5, 2013, 8:35 AM

Supermon52 is his instagram name. I dont know how to post pics or I would.

No its not.

Feb 5, 2013, 8:35 AM

Nor is it uncommon, nor do we really have any room to say anything about pictures of recruits holding money. You guys get all up in arms when people say things about us, but then are just as quick to say the same things about other schools.

if they throw a rock at me, i'm throwin' at least 2 back!

Feb 5, 2013, 8:42 AM

don't get mad...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you have no style nor are you a tiger***

Feb 5, 2013, 11:16 PM [ in reply to No its not. ]

Re: No its not.

Feb 5, 2013, 8:43 AM

Im not up in arms about this. It doesnt bother me one bit about what goes on where bc im sure a lil bit of something goes on everywhere. I think its funny bc recruits do this knowing that at times it can lead to them being investigated and just an overall bad look on which program they choose. He isnt holding 1000s of dollars just some 20s but with the timing of it, you would think they wouldnt do that.

Its really not a big deal

Feb 5, 2013, 8:47 AM

Its just kids trying to look cool. The same thing as taking a picture in front of a nice car or with a model.

Not-so-smart kids trying to look cool.

Feb 5, 2013, 9:09 AM

That kind of stuff is not funny to any coaching staff.

These kids want to think they are grown men. They don't know the half of what it's like to have a "grown man level of responsibility." Their antics cause unnecessary problems for adults who don't deserve to have to deal with those problems.

Its those adults jobs to deal with those problems

Feb 5, 2013, 10:31 AM

If you are a college football coach and can't handle kids acting stupid. You are in the wrong profession.

Actually, no, it's not the coaches' "job" to deal with those

Feb 5, 2013, 9:44 PM

problems. Unfortunately, it becomes a difficulty of their job. It is their job to recruit. And to coach. And to mentor/guide. But it isn't their job to have to continue to deal with progressivlely-deteriorating poor judgment or other "problems" any more than it is teachers' jobs to deal with students' progressively increasing poor judgment or "problems." It's actually rooted in an attitude of entitlement: entitlement to do whatever one wants to do.

What progressively poor judgement has Adams been making?

Feb 5, 2013, 10:00 PM

The only thing I've heard this kid draw criticism for was being too quiet, and now taking a pic with money. You make the kid sound like he's nothing but trouble, which is grossly inaccurate. If they are to "mentor/guide", would you not say this is apart of it? Perhaps, when he gets on campus and the coaches begin to assume that responsibility, they will let him hear it.

Besides, these guys are getting paid 7 figures...I think they can handle a kid's immaturity. Teachers on the other hand, don't get paid no where near enough...

Clearly my post above was a general response to the sweeping

Feb 5, 2013, 10:09 PM

comment made to my prior post. This was not a continuation of the Adams comment. It grew, based on the sweeping comment made.

I NEVER said Adams was nothing but trouble. Can't take the posts out of context.

Mentoring/guiding is taking up more and more time IN GENERAL these days because some of the basics seem not to be ingrained. And I don't mean for that to be an Adams comment, either. The coaches are paid big bucks to coach the big games on the big stage. The teacher comparison was very relevant. I can make a similar comparison, even, to doctors, who now more and more have to deal with identifying domestic violence, alcoholism, drug abuse, abuse of workers' comp, etc. The go to school to be physicians, but they end up having to deal with the collateral damage of a deteriorating society. Point is, this isn't part of their "real" job description. It just defaults to them or falls upon them.

The internet is a powerful tool...and one that is often abused and/or unforgiving of even naivite. Same for twitter and other social media. That makes the coaches' jobs even tougher.

Feb 5, 2013, 8:47 AM

Betcha he's having fun playing you recruiting experts like a fiddle.These prospects are better than E.F.Hutton.
I just can't see this kid picking a flat out dumpster fire like Auburn.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2013, 9:18 AM

on 2/7 all the games / fun will be over and real life will
set in. Then they are just rookies among all big men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link, please?***

Feb 5, 2013, 10:35 AM

Truth

Feb 5, 2013, 9:55 PM

Got the feeling he's trying to play a game with teams he didn't choose so they will be screaming about cheating and all!! Startin to get the feeling maybe he isn't nearly as mature as he made himself out to be!! Truth will always show itself in the end!!

Feb 5, 2013, 10:30 PM

Holy crap you people are ridiculous!!! If you looked at his other pictures you'd see he has a JOB at McDonald's. Give the kid a break I'm sure he earned it on his own, it's just a few 20's!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic