Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's up with these guys coming in motion?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

What's up with these guys coming in motion?

Sep 22, 2014, 1:26 PM

I can see every once in letting Humphries or someone come in motion if we actually give it off to keep the defense honest.As I said yesterday, he could of crawled to a first down in ot or jogged in for a td.But what are the plays where the wr comes way behind the qb.If I looked at it correctly, the wr is 10-12 yards behind the line of scrimmage.No defenses are respecting either one of the decoys and they are just wasted and exhausted players running in motion,especially the latter.What happen to our playcalling, it's looking to wofford style to me?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure what you are using to determine

Sep 22, 2014, 1:31 PM

the effectiveness, or why you say "no one is respecting it"...

LBs are taught to read one of two ways... either back to line or line to back...

Even though you don't see them chasing, motion slows down their first step, which does one of two things.

1. allows our OL to get angles on the 2nd level (run calls)

2. holds them long enough to get behind them with WR (makes them late to their drops)

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

If they had faked to Choice on 4th down and Humphries

Sep 22, 2014, 1:47 PM

cut up the field, he'd been wide open in the end zone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What !?!?!?

Sep 22, 2014, 1:34 PM

You apparently don't fully understand the purpose of having a player go in motion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Some of it is just setting up other plays

Sep 22, 2014, 1:40 PM

You see how the defense reacts. It's the same reason why QB's will often bootleg without the ball after handing up. If the defense doesn't honor the bootleg you will often see a coach call the fake hand off, naked bootleg.

If the other team doesn't pick up the RB, you'll see the wheel route later in the game.

motion gives LBs one more thing to think about, and causes

Sep 22, 2014, 1:41 PM

them to hesitate

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Not when the jet option isn't a threat.***

Sep 22, 2014, 1:47 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can't look at one game though...

Sep 22, 2014, 1:53 PM

we've given the ball on the jet sweep enough, plus the little touch pass... that opposing LBs have to respect it.

It's in their gameplan, and I can tell they aren't just letting it go

Humprhies doesn't threaten anyone's LBs, it's not one game.

Sep 22, 2014, 1:57 PM

We tried the jet sweep in the UGA game and it went nowhere. Adam "Fair Catch" Humphries doesn't hit the edge fast enough, nor does he have the moves to make anyone miss. We literally only run it to set up the fake, and good teams will be able to just ignore it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you struggling to read?

Sep 22, 2014, 1:59 PM

If they don't shift to him, then he gets the ball. They have to account for the jet sweep, which opens up other stuff. You have to give it to him on occasion to keep them honest.

We ran Gallman on the jet sweep at least once

Sep 22, 2014, 1:58 PM [ in reply to you can't look at one game though... ]

FSU murdered him in the backfield as well. It's hard to go sideline to sideline agains FSU. That said, it still spreads out the line a little and creates creases in the interior.

Re: What !?!?!?

Sep 22, 2014, 1:44 PM [ in reply to What !?!?!? ]

I see a wr 5 yards already behind a qb that has dropped 7 yards.No way he ever touches the ball, which frees up a defender somewhere on the field,I do know this.I'm ok with the underneath motion guy as long as they get a recorded handoff somewhere during the 2014 season to keep defenses honest.But i challenged anyone to name me one top 50 team that does wofford/gt/high school man 20 yards deep.You are taking away a target down the filed for Watson to throw/check to...Hopefully it's scratched by the weekend

We will throw the ball to that WR

Sep 22, 2014, 1:46 PM

If the defense doesn't account for him. We've run that play before.

^ point

Sep 22, 2014, 1:52 PM

The threat of motion isn't necessarily a hand off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

on several occasions... he's our check down guy and he's

Sep 22, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: What !?!?!? ]

uncovered

Adam Humphries is playing Sammy's position

Sep 22, 2014, 1:46 PM

and apparently zero adjustments have been made to account for the fact that he's not half the athlete Sammy was.

Exactly. On those plays, we are playing with 10 against 11***

Sep 22, 2014, 2:25 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We throw it to the jet sweep guy if they don't account

Sep 22, 2014, 2:31 PM

Which means that player is still in play and has to be accounted for by the defense. We have thrown it to that player on numerous occasions.

Re: We throw it to the jet sweep guy if they don't account

Sep 22, 2014, 3:39 PM

When a guy goes in motion, it can show you what the D is in. If his cover guy follows him, it's probably man. If he doesn't, it's probably zone. There are some exceptions - some D's are trained to just switch off, even in man coverage - but it's a good way to get the D to telegraph their coverages.

LOL***

Sep 22, 2014, 3:40 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic