Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Actual Comment from 107.5 This Morning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 4,052

Actual Comment from 107.5 This Morning

Aug 14, 2013, 8:57 AM

"Todd Ellis could've been one of the Top broadcasters in the country and on one of the major networks, but he chose to be with us at 107.5 and we're so blessed to have him here."

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Todd Ellis announces games with the giddy excitement of a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert, and his voice sounds like an infomercial for "What Smoking Can Do To You"

LMAO 107.5, LMAO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cocaine is a helluva drug***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:00 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I loved listening to Bob Fulton...but listening to Todd is

Aug 14, 2013, 9:05 AM

excruciating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Todd Ellis and that buffoon Teddy Hefner....

Aug 14, 2013, 9:13 AM

are two of the absolute worst broadcasters on the radio. They should both be sued for assault since listening to them is intolerably painful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

spot on

Aug 14, 2013, 11:02 AM

Ellis is pathetic and Heffner is a joke....embarrassing to have that guy on the radio acting like he's Columbia's voice for sports knowledge. Anyone who's ever seen him umpire HS baseball also knows he's a loose cannon on the field as well. I could go on and on about that buffoon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree..Bob Fulton was a really good one, but Ellis is awful***

Aug 14, 2013, 10:36 AM [ in reply to I loved listening to Bob Fulton...but listening to Todd is ]

Ellis is a glorified sideline reporter with no talent.***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Touchdown Clemson. Towndown Jasmin."***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I'd rather listen to a fart in a bath tub......

Aug 14, 2013, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Ellis is a glorified sideline reporter with no talent.*** ]

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm certain that hartins would be happy to oblige...

Aug 14, 2013, 9:29 AM

you can send him a Tmale.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of announcers

Aug 14, 2013, 9:34 AM

Where did all the good ones go? Other than Gus Johnson, none of them are all that great in my opinion. I do like Chip Caray for the Braves though.

Chip Caray and Joe Simpson are awesome IMO***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss Skip Caray, Ernie Johnson, and Pete Van Wieren.***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:41 AM

Simpson is a gigantic #####

Aug 14, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Chip Caray and Joe Simpson are awesome IMO*** ]

My dad took me to Baltimore when I was a kid to see the Braves play in Camden Yards and we ended up staying at the Braves hotel. We walk into an elevator in the hotel and Greg Maddux is standing there and my eyes were like saucers. Nicest guy you could ever meet. Just about the opposite encounter with Simpson

I've never met him....

Aug 14, 2013, 9:45 AM

but I do think he is a darn good broadcaster. There is no arguing, he knows his stuff.

I agree. Good broadcaster

Aug 14, 2013, 9:49 AM

###### human being

I still miss Skip Caray and Pete Van Wieren. *sniff,sniff****

Aug 14, 2013, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Speaking of announcers ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Jim Phillips, too. May he rest in peace.***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too, and I still miss Milo Hamilton and Ernie Johnson.***

Aug 14, 2013, 10:01 AM [ in reply to I still miss Skip Caray and Pete Van Wieren. *sniff,sniff**** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

as a lifelong Yankee fan, i grit my teeth trying to listen

Aug 14, 2013, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Speaking of announcers ]

to John Sterling....an absolute buffoon of an announcer. Jack Buck was pure class but i get to listen to Vin Scully out here in Cali now, and though i hate the Dodgers, listening to that guy is like listening to perfection call a baseball game.

The thing he does that drives me nuts (other than his

Aug 14, 2013, 9:46 AM

general homer hyperbole: e.g. "And Marcus Lattimore WITH A BURST OF SPEED UP THE MIDDLE...for a gain of two," "And he's SLAMMED DOWN TO THE TURF BY SWEARINGER...for a 15 yard gain") is he doesn't usually describe what's happening on the field, he just reacts to it like you're watching it on TV with him. What yard line did they get to? Was it a first down? You'd think the one thing a play-by-play guy should be able to do is describe the play that's happening.

Re: The thing he does that drives me nuts (other than his

Aug 14, 2013, 9:49 AM

I hate when broadcasters don't know when to be excited. Like if a running back breaks around the outside. Sure. Go ahead and start yelling TO THE 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5 TOUCHDOWN! But when you freak out at, like you said, the tiny runs up the middle, it gets real old, real fast

^^^THIS!!! Overemphatically calling a play for no gain

Aug 14, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to The thing he does that drives me nuts (other than his ]

as if it was a 20 yard gain.

That's a good description of how the Peach Bowl was handled.

Aug 14, 2013, 9:56 AM [ in reply to The thing he does that drives me nuts (other than his ]

Tajh runs for 14 yards and slides, the defender tries to remove Tajh's head with his knee while Tajh is on the ground and the comment is about how poorly Tajh was taught to slide.

HotRod runs over a 300+ pound LSwho lineman and knocks him back two yard and the comment, "YOU AREN"T SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE DO THIS TO AN SEC TEAM!"

No mention of either or the great runs or any of the great calls, blocks or athletes making the plays.

My first five reviews of this game I used the mute button extensively. After that I used my sense of humor and enjoyed the tremendous FAIL of the putzes calling the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

call and ask todd to say "touchdown Jasmin"***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:53 AM

I can never resist laughing at the mention of Todd Ellis'...

Aug 14, 2013, 10:08 AM

name. It reminds me of an old joke I use to tell my gamecock acquaintances.

Seem that Todd quit the team shortly after the coach's death. Evidently, they wouldn't let him be a pallbearer.

Todd said it was just wrong that he was being denied the opportunity to let Coach Morrision down one more time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good one! Can't believe dsp says you don't have a

Aug 14, 2013, 10:11 AM

sense of humor ;)

I dont understand this whole thread. Why would I listen -

Aug 14, 2013, 10:16 AM

to him for any reason??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well here is Todd Ellis saying touchdown!!!!!

Aug 14, 2013, 10:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9YKUAfl1Wc

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well here is Todd Ellis saying touchdown!!!!!

Aug 14, 2013, 10:45 AM

why would you guys be listening to todd ellis? pete yanit s decent or I guess I have just gotten used to him but will as his color man is horrible imo.

If Todd says you heard it staight from the horse's mouth...

Aug 14, 2013, 11:00 AM

he really means it!

he's still licking his wounds from the teeth rattling hits

Aug 14, 2013, 11:05 AM

he took while being the "man" for the Chickens, not to mention the million picks he threw as the most over hyped recruit they've possibly ever had....those of us old enough to remember when he signed with them can attest to how they thought they had just signed Joe Namath Jr.

= to people saying Deptula should work at ESPN***

Aug 14, 2013, 12:38 PM

Replies: 32
| visibility 4,052
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic