Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
According to SI's Stewart Mandel, Mason will be Vandy's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

According to SI's Stewart Mandel, Mason will be Vandy's

Jan 17, 2014, 10:18 AM

new HC.

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/424196983809536001

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

CM really lacks self-awareness

Jan 17, 2014, 10:26 AM

If he wants a HC job, it's not going to be Vandy or UL. It's going to be a WKU kind of job. He has not been successful enough to warrant a HC at any decent BCS school. It takes time, and he needs to get his head straight. Otherwise he'll keep finishing 2nd,3rd,4th and these schools.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CM would have gotten the job if they thought he were a long

Jan 17, 2014, 10:42 AM

term solution. Everyone knows that Morris was gone after a couple of good years. VAndy didn't want to go through this again so soon

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: CM would have gotten the job if they thought he were a long

Jan 17, 2014, 10:45 AM

Doubt that was the concern. Seems working for years at a fellow high level academic institution with extreme success over the years and 20 plus years college exp probably had more to do with it than thinking MOrris would leave.

Do you not think this guy could leave after 2 yrs too?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

Jan 17, 2014, 10:49 AM

smh

Exactly I agree with Tiger Woods . Also Dabo was smart to

Jan 17, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to CM would have gotten the job if they thought he were a long ]

pay CM so much as a coordinator and to arrange the buyout.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CM really lacks self-awareness

Jan 17, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to CM really lacks self-awareness ]

I agree a 100%. In order for him to be a for real candidate for any of these HC jobs. He should forget about the try outs and put 110% of his thoughts into making Clemson's offense the best in the country. He has got to do what Gus Malzahn done at Aubum as an OC. Chad is expecting the big jobs/schools right out of Clemson when he has only been at a BCS school for Four years. The bad losses to the coots and FSU has done nothing to help him. Ok he can beat the schools that won't be challenging for championships consistently. Now he has to prove he can beat the top schools that can challenge for championships. Clemson I think is set up with enough talent for the next couple of years that if Chad and Brent gives all they have to give. I think they both could put them selves in a position to be seriously consider for HC-ing positions. Maybe not HC positions in the deep end of the pool. But if they go and beat everybody in the shallow end, they will be ask to bring their game to the deep end. That is my thoughts about Chad getting wide eyed every time a job comes open any where. Personally IMO, I think that BV has come in and made his self more noticeable in two years, than Chad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you might be right but I think he was too good for Vandy

Jan 17, 2014, 11:16 AM [ in reply to CM really lacks self-awareness ]

Vanderbilt is getting killed in recruiting right now because Franklin is taking recruits with him. That has caused their recruiting to slip at least 10 spots from where it once was. Most ex-Vanderbilt coaches don't move on to better positions like Franklin. I think Morris will come out ahead by this NOT working out for him in the long term.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: According to SI's Stewart Mandel, Mason will be Vandy's

Jan 17, 2014, 10:28 AM

Another year of training for our OC in waiting Jeff Scott. It don't get much better than that. I'm believing that Jeff will be ready when his time comes after coach Morris finds a HC job....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2014, 10:36 AM

I have said all along look at the competition. He is interviewing or in the conversation with guys with 20 yrs experience in college. Malzahn had to go to ARky St before getting a big job

WKU is exactly the type of job he will get. Many would say Vandy isn;t much better and the opportunity for success at WKU is greater than following Franklin

He is a great OC but Coach Ven will get a big time chance before Morris mainly due to his body of work and proven track record

Message was edited by: kiknchkn®

Tell 'em capon

Jan 17, 2014, 10:49 AM

smh

Jan 17, 2014, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: According to SI's Stewart Mandel, Mason will be Vandy's ]

Oh God, I can't believe it. I hate that I was having the same thoughts of a cootish mine. Age is destroying my mental capacity of a meaningful thought. Or by kiknchkn being on T-net is improving his. And that's harder to believe than the other. Help me Lord, I promise to try and be good!!!

Jan 17, 2014, 11:34 AM

All orange, Tiger fan all my life just happen to be one of several who remain unmentioend who went to CU undergrad and was a coot for Grad school

For the majority of the last 20 years Clemson has owned the "coots" so I by default found myself hoping they could find a way to be decent in the regualr season to set up a decent game with Clemson.

Now both are good so I am by far the happiest person around

Check out games of both each year have held season tickets for both for years. Maybe you will find my posts are more rational than most and I may not be as detestful as you may find most associated with cootism

If it is up to AD David Williams to make the decision...

Jan 17, 2014, 10:38 AM

...on his own then I have no doubt it will be Derek Mason.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he hasn't steamrolled a big name team

Jan 17, 2014, 10:39 AM

With his offense yet. And is still finishing high in a lot of conversations. And last I checked Louisville is a really big job.

Imagine where he will be if he takes a Chad Kelly or Deshaun Watson and sets the world on fire next year.

Jan 17, 2014, 10:41 AM

Really a smart hire. Stanford and Vandy can be linked academically and in a traditionally big conference.

He should do well but it is a tough job to take as many on here have posted

Morris will be fine, he better show his head is in it here which he will. However, now that it is on national publications that he was a finalist, can some on here actually accept that he may have dreams of other places than Clemson? Maybe some that people on here would consider a huge step backwards??

Re: Re: According to SI's Stewart Mandel, Mason will be Vandy's

Jan 17, 2014, 10:43 AM

Chad will get a really great job just needs to prove he can do it without sammy and tajh. I for one think he can and he is gone after next year.

Tell 'em capon

Jan 17, 2014, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: According to SI's Stewart Mandel, Mason will be Vandy's ]

sad

Jan 17, 2014, 12:05 PM

too good for vandy? in case you missed it, they and many more schools have TURNED HIM DOWN. maybe, no, he was not good enough, for all the schools that turned him down. I guess they were all wrong. really?

"Tell em coot"

Jan 17, 2014, 12:31 PM

"Too good for Vandy..."

Thanks for the laugh!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic