Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If lsu is made to forfeit the championship due to obj and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

If lsu is made to forfeit the championship due to obj and

Jan 17, 2020, 9:47 AM

I'd imagine other "internal" issues, do we get to claim it?

Axing for a friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: If lsu is made to forfeit the championship due to obj and

Jan 17, 2020, 9:50 AM

Wouldn’t want it like that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 10:32 AM

I'm with you Garnetisugly, don't want it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol...no forfeit...***

Jan 17, 2020, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but it would be our first natty with an asstuhrisk.

Jan 17, 2020, 9:51 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

In that instance the playoff committee will vote on

Jan 17, 2020, 9:53 AM

who is #1, and I am assuming they would most definitely vote for Clemson and subsequently crown us national champions. That would keep our winning streak alive at 30 and we would be the owners of 3 out of the last 4 national championships. Not bad for lil ole Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: In that instance the playoff committee will vote on

Jan 17, 2020, 9:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Well on Tuesday I calculated our chances of being

Jan 17, 2020, 10:15 AM

declared the national champs somewhere between 72% - 73%. But now, with more information coming forward and considering the arrest warrant for OBJ, I just recalculated and I'm getting a probability of 78% likelihood that the playoff committee will vote Clemson into the #1 spot and declare us national champs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

NO!!

A. Why would any clemson fan want that?

B. it doesn't work that way. Didn't GT forfeit their 2009 ACCCG? and we didn't "claim it".......nor should we........we got BEAT.

similar to reggie bush forfeiting his heisman........everybody knows he was the best player in the country that year, what was the point of stripping that away?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson wouldn't accept it...

There are at least two games in our history (uof6c and Georgia Tech) where the opponents won but later had to forfeit the wins for using ineligible players. However, Clemson's records do not recognize those games as wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Troll posts like this are why I rarely use Tigernet anymore***

Jan 17, 2020, 9:57 AM

Jan 17, 2020, 9:58 AM

LOL! It's the only way y'all could beat us... BTW, not gonna happen.

Or one could say, you had to cheat to beat us...***

Jan 17, 2020, 9:59 AM

Jan 17, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: If lsu is made to forfeit the championship due to obj and ]

Begging the captain's pardon, but we did beat you in 2012. And my guess is we will beat you again. Enjoy your Natty and please go away. :)

It's okay that Clemson lost the National Championship

Our players are still champions of God. LSU can't take that away.

The CFP & Coaches Poll titles will be vacated if they penalize LSU for anything

The AP & NFF will still keep LSU as national champs, so LSU would still be recognized as national champs in the NCAA record books. That's what happened w/ Southern Cal when they got stripped of the 2004 title, only took away their BCS/Coaches Poll (Coaches Poll won't vote for teams that are bowl banned by NCAA, so main reason theirs went away) & FWAA titles - they're still only recognized champs from major selectors b/c the AP & NFF didn't revoke theirs.

Besides, I wouldn't want our Tigers to get one like that, wouldn't be the same. Win 'em on the field, lose 'em on the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Won't happen, and I wouldn't claim it.

Jan 17, 2020, 10:02 AM

If they give it to us, we can forfeit it and give it to Ohio State, make them happy finally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Won't happen, and I wouldn't claim it.

Jan 17, 2020, 10:42 AM

UGA would probably interested in taking it also. I’m sure the trophy case hinges are a little rusty since it hasn’t been opened in 40 years.

LOL we wish right!?!

Jan 17, 2020, 10:12 AM

This post is definitely going to be made fun of on the TigerPoop website

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

With all the issues that LSU has had

Jan 17, 2020, 10:16 AM

In the last few years with “possible” ncaa infractions, it’s not likely that this incident will be looked at carefully by the governing board!

No, with all the 'SEC officials cheating,' in the...

Jan 17, 2020, 10:23 AM

1st round the title should certainly go to OSU. Maybe that will shut OSU's whineask coach's mouth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, with all the 'SEC officials cheating,' in the...

Jan 17, 2020, 10:50 AM

Doesn't Alabama have first right to any contested National Championship?

I imagine it could only be stripped if money was promised before the game. School and any returning recipients should be sanctioned and OBJ disassociated from LSU athletics. Lack of institutional control allowing him on the sidelines in the first place!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to NCAA Rules It Goes To Alabama***

Jan 17, 2020, 11:53 AM

Jan 17, 2020, 12:07 PM

Were we awarded the 2009 ACC Championship when GT was forced to vacate the win in the ACCCG? No

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic