Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Acc conference setup
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Acc conference setup

Sep 15, 2013, 11:48 AM

Why don't they split the teams North and South...instead of Atlantic and coastal. Doesn't make sense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acc conference setup

Sep 15, 2013, 11:50 AM

I don't think you want Clemson, FSU, GT, and Miami in the same division. The further south you go the stronger the football gets.

exactly- plus it ensures everyone in the league play a

Sep 15, 2013, 12:21 PM

Florida school every year which is important for recruiting. For us, it also gets us all the way up and down the east coast every year which is great considering we can't rely on a predominantly in-state/border state model like an LSU for example.

keep atlantic/coastal but louisville should have gone

Sep 15, 2013, 12:26 PM

into the coastal and pitt into atlantic IMO.

The conference decided to go with the zipper approach which

Sep 15, 2013, 12:34 PM

is better for competitively balanced divisions and exposure for all teams up and down the coast as well as recruiting in all the states. I agree with the decision.

However, I do wish the conference would do away with the permanent partner from the other division and simply rotate the teams played from the other division. The permanent partner is not fair in that schools like Clemson and FSU have teams like Ga Tech and Miami as their permanent parners while Wake gets Duke as a permanent partner. How is that fair? Also, if they did away with permanent partner then all of the teams would see each other more often. So what if UNC and NC State or lemson and GT don't play every year, get over it, deal witht he off year and move on. Also, It is crazy that FSU and GT don't play more often. Can you imagine how many FSU alums live in Atlanta? Can you imagine the interest in teh game? Dump permanent partners and rotate all opposite division teams.

Couldn't agree more about getting rid of the permanent rival

Sep 15, 2013, 1:29 PM

and playing two rotating teams a year.

If schools are worried about losing a rivalry, let them schedule a game as out of conference games in years they are not on each others conference schedule.

I agree.

Sep 15, 2013, 1:40 PM

The only possible justification I see for permanent rivals is for fans who travel to away games. But I don't think that makes up for all the reasons not to have them.

North South Conference just sounds dumb***

Sep 15, 2013, 1:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic