Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Bama is a souped-up version of OSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

I think Bama is a souped-up version of OSU

Jan 1, 2017, 7:02 PM

They are far and away better, but they remind of OSU. A great secondary, better D-Line. An inaccurate QB that can run pretty well. Bo Scarborough is a monster though, we must contain him and make Hurts beat us with his arm (as stated time and time again). I feel really good about is this matchup. Deshaun goes out with the best game of his career, and D plays really well, but not perfect. Gonna be a WILD ride, Tigers win 35-28.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can win - just need to limit big mistakes***

Jan 1, 2017, 7:05 PM

Absolutely, that's probably the biggest key

Jan 1, 2017, 7:06 PM

Bama will make you pay if you turn it over, unlike OSU.

Re: I think Bama is a souped-up version of OSU

Jan 1, 2017, 7:11 PM

> They are far and away better, but they remind of OSU.
> A great secondary, better D-Line. An inaccurate QB
> that can run pretty well. Bo Scarborough is a monster
> though, we must contain him and make Hurts beat us
> with his arm (as stated time and time again). I feel
> really good about is this matchup. Deshaun goes out
> with the best game of his career, and D plays really
> well, but not perfect. Gonna be a WILD ride, Tigers
> win 35-28.

Bama's secondary isn't as good as Ohio State's. They've lost three or four from it to injury this year. Bama also doesn't have a playmaker like Samuel. Washington dl also seemed to get good pressure. Ours is much better than Washington's. Bama's backers are great but I'd take Mcmillan over anyone Bama has there. If we do well blocking #93 we kill them. We match up very very well with Bama. Their short stuff, running game, and end arounds play right into our defensive strength.

Jan 1, 2017, 10:12 PM

Bama has the better D-Line, not as deep as last year though. Ruben Foster is a push with McMillan, I believe. OSU's secondary is a bit better, especially in the 50/50 balls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama's not as good this year as they were last year.

Jan 1, 2017, 7:17 PM

The SEC is over rated,the conference's only good QB couldn't start at Clemson. Udud's QB can't throw a pass over 10 yrds, Bama's QB,RB and depth on D is not as good as Bama last year. Meanwhile, MW7 has healed and DC8 has grown up. Neither were available last year.And we have DW4,HE WILL NOT LOSE THE LAST GAME HE EVER PLAYS FOR CLEMSON !

If they are able to run it right up the gut like they did

Jan 1, 2017, 7:24 PM

against WASH, we are toast; must make them throw and DBs must defend without a bunch of PI calls.

On offense I see lots of quick passes to set up the run and long throws. Leggett, Renfrow, and Scott should be factors.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

For the love of God, just always know

Jan 1, 2017, 7:26 PM

where OJ Howard is on every play. There is only so much crap I can throw at the TV.

Jan 1, 2017, 7:33 PM

Remember that OSU beat Bama the last time they played them. :)

Not important - I know - but I just had to point that out.

Take the number of points scored by their defense...

Jan 1, 2017, 8:00 PM

and subtract that from their final score. Remember, they played Washington not the ATL Falcons. We can hold them to single digits if we don't hand their defense two scores. Does anyone on this planet think Bama can hold us to single digits knowing that we dropped 40 on a better Bama defense last year?

35-28? Really? More like 35 to 9.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2017, 9:34 PM

Even before last night, I thought Bama was a better team than OH St., and thought that if they someone managed to beat us, they would have no change at beating Bama. Just how good Bama is, I do not know. One thing I haven't seen discussed on Tigernet is could Bama possibly be playing down to their competition. That is something I wonder about.

Regardless, I like our chances. But, as with any game, we're going to need to do it all: Protect Deshaun, run the ball, protect the ball, pressure their QB, stop the run, limit their explosive plays, and limit penalties.

I hope the staff can find ways to open up the run game. I suspect the OCs have been avoiding showing "too much" of the playbook, and felt they could win even with things being held back. I'm encouraged that the team is focused on details and finishing this final goal.

A little good luck doesn't hurt either. Last year we had the bad kind with big losses to injury (Mike Williams, Mac Island, Shaq. Maybe this year we can create some good luck, and maybe the ball will bounce our way a few more times.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic