Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about black people and racism.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1,094

Jul 6, 2020, 5:46 PM

Do you think we will ever talk about race in a practical way? How can it be conveyed to the black community as a whole that respect is earned? Its the bad apples in their communities that bring it on. I think the best ways to end racism/stereotyping for black people, and things that would go a long way, in no particular order, are...

1. Less violence
2. Stronger family units.
3. Educations
4. Stop complaining about race all of the time.

Just perspective from a regular white guy. Their communities as a whole aren't respected.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their communities?

Jul 6, 2020, 5:48 PM

did you know that black and white people can live in the same community now?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Their communities?

Jul 6, 2020, 5:50 PM

Obviously. I have black people in mine. I am talking about the bad communities bring on stereotypes.

Those are the communities where...

Jul 6, 2020, 5:54 PM

cities are pushing them out due to overpriced taxes/living.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

moving them to the suburbs where there are more

Jul 6, 2020, 6:58 PM

lower wage starter jobs would be a good start. Got to start somewhere and the ghetto is a tough place to start for anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nuyVb3tCf8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My community has a family from Trinidad, does that count?***

Jul 6, 2020, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Their communities? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My community is the U.N.

Jul 6, 2020, 7:58 PM

No one really likes each other or hates each other. Works out well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about black people and racism.

Jul 6, 2020, 5:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 5:55 PM

Far from problem solved. We have to do our parts too. Just pointing out the elephant in the room. It will never end with so many predominantly black communities being in absolute chaos. Respect has to be earned. Kind of like.the Japanese after WWII. I realize that we white people created an obvious situation where so many black people have a disadvantage. That said, there are basic realities of what the end result has to be. We can all work together to solve the problem. Sometimes I think we just blow off the obvious.

Jul 6, 2020, 6:04 PM

That (respect) is a huge part of it.

Blacks CANNOT enter the workforce and not perform. If companies have to start hiring blacks that cannot perform THIS IS GOING TO BE MORE UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES thanks to the dumbcrats.

Anyone who does not perform, unless it's in the fed gubment, is pushed out. Either fired or shunned. Black or white...does not matter. You have to pull your weight, period.

Jul 6, 2020, 5:55 PM

Jul 6, 2020, 6:03 PM

I am talking as a whole. I am just pointing out what cant be talked about. Those are issues that make white people stereotype. They are being sabotaged from within.

Jul 6, 2020, 5:56 PM

Carlsbad® Those four items are a good start. They are all somewhat interdependent. One word that might capture all of them is "culture."

They need a culture of education, individual responsibility, families, etc. With these, violence will naturally go down as incomes go up.

What will keep the entire black community down in the dumps are the ideas by the liberal dumbcrats - give them gubment freebies and tell them whitey is why they are poor and living in crime.

But the dumbcrats can't seem to figure out that doing the same thing over and over and seeing the same result is their fault.

Jul 6, 2020, 6:07 PM

If we scrapped all of the programs we would have a bigger crisis.

I'm for talking to and about individual people,

Jul 6, 2020, 6:49 PM

not these nebulous groups. Who on earth is the "black community"?

My friend Aaron has darker skin than me...I guess most people would call him "black". He has a wife and three amazing children. At least, to all appearances, they have a very strong family. Do I need to talk to him about "stronger family units"? Is he part of this "black community" that needs a "talkin' to" about this?

Re: I'm for talking to and about individual people,

Jul 6, 2020, 7:57 PM

The black community is everyone who is black in the USA. Its a subset of other communities.

So you believe I should talk to my friend

Jul 7, 2020, 5:18 AM

who has a very strong family and has never committed any crime, about his need for a strong family and to commit less violence, since you believe he is in this "community"?

Re: So you believe I should talk to my friend

Jul 7, 2020, 5:52 AM

Obviously not. Youre rambling. I don't think you fully understand what the word community can mean or is defined. It also can mean a group of people with a common characteristic. Yes, the black community.

Biggest problem facing black community

Jul 6, 2020, 7:11 PM

Asians had the highest proportion of two-parent families of any race/eth- nicity group, comprising 84.3 percent of all Asian families with children in 1990. White families were close behind at 82.2 percent, followed by Hispanics at 71.4 percent, Native Americans at 63.6 percent, and black families at 46.9 percent.

Root cause of generational poverty.

Re: Biggest problem facing black community

Jul 6, 2020, 7:59 PM

Exactly. Youre racist though.

How so?

Jul 6, 2020, 8:13 PM

BTW, you’re a blithering idiot.

So we are both wrong.....

Re: How so?

Jul 6, 2020, 8:15 PM

It was sarcasm. My point was that anything constructive is often construed as racism.

Ya got me!

Jul 6, 2020, 8:18 PM

Never know you as sarcastic, tho ??

I call it a draw, no decision.***

Jul 6, 2020, 9:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Statistics from the previous census say that three

Jul 6, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Biggest problem facing black community ]

demographic characteristics, if held at the same time, virtually assure one of reaching middle class status:

- Have a high school diploma
- Have a full time job
- Wait until age 21 to get married or have children

Race is not a factor in those three, or in one's ability to hold those three. Race might correlate with who does or does not, but unless one is a racist the case cannot be made that race if a factor in who can hold those three. Any discussion of about the socioeconomic status of any individual or race has to begin there.

If racism exists, lets identify how it is happening and stop it. But when the subject becomes socioeconomic, the issue is in those three behaviors, not in race. To say otherwise is racist itself, it seems to me.

I interact with homeless people at least one day every week, often two, in both small group and one-on-one settings. They are a 50/50 mix of blacks and whites. Some of those go on to be independent, some stay in the revolving door. The determining factor is whether the individual will specifically address the first two (at this stage, the latter is usually a thing that is what it is). Race is not a factor in who moves on and who retreads back into the program.

If anyone thinks I believe racism doesn't exist, I have a rant that I can whip out faster than Marshall Dillon's six shooter that says we dropped the ball in horrible fashion in 1865, and that the humanity stolen from blacks in the previous 200 years was never returned, which causes the cultural divide we see today.

The part of of that discussion that is about being middle class in American society is, however, about individual behavior, not racism. Racism is worse than we think it is, and hurts us more than we think, and the solutions are harder than we think, but anyone can be middle class.

Re: Statistics from the previous census say that three

Jul 7, 2020, 10:08 AM

I agree. Too many excuses for not doing the basics.

Jul 6, 2020, 10:06 PM

Well, that's a bit simplistic, especially given that those first three problems you mentioned come from white oppression for most of our nation's history. After the Emancipation and all the way up until the Civil Rights Bill (I would argue even further), white oppression worked to turn blacks violently against each other, harm the strong family units, and deny quality education.

As a result, the fourth point you listed seems logical.

It's not like white people in power stepped away in 1865 and said, "Oh, okay, now we'll just let black people have at it" and black people just didn't get their #### together. There has been a concentrated effort for over two centuries to keep them oppressed. It's not magically getting fixed in a few decades.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You'll be happy to list the ways whites have oppressed...

Jul 7, 2020, 8:28 AM

blacks since the civil rights bill and I'll thank you so kindly for making that list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely, sir.

Jul 7, 2020, 10:29 AM

I'll just give you the list since that's all you requested.

1. War on Drugs - Black communities targeted far more.
2. "School choice"/voucher systems meant to re-segregate schools.
3. Mortgage market discrimination, gerrymandering and crafting suburban areas to encourage and cater to white flight.
4. A whole host of employment discrimination that cuts black families access to key financial opportunities. The average black family in America has 1/10th the wealth of the average white family.
5. Prison population and arrest rate (black males have 1 in 4 chance of going to prison vs. 1 in 23 among white males)
6. For-profit prisons
7. Law enforcement "reforms" such as under the Clintons that sent even more blacks to prisons (I know you personally agree here).
8. Poor educational practices and funding, such as No Child Left Behind, that further weakened primarily black schools.
9. Practices by politicians to make voting harder for blacks.

That's just scratching the surface.

Surely you don't think the Civil Rights era suddenly put an end to all white racists in power and their agendas, right?

Here's a good article for you to read when you have time.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/race/reports/2018/02/21/447051/systematic-inequality/

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Jul 7, 2020, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about black people and racism. ]

"white oppression worked to turn blacks violently against each other, harm the strong family units, and deny quality education."

Standard Democrat policy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Are you claiming that didn't happen?***

Jul 7, 2020, 10:17 AM

Jul 7, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Question about black people and racism. ]

It is simplistic. I realize it is a two way street. I think it's talked about as a 1 way street though. Its not magically getting fixed. It will take generations. That said, the main issues as far as fixing the problems come from within. It's not white racism now that's the problem. White racism of the past is why it will take generations to fix though. They need to look at the current self inflicting wounds though.

You are missing the trees for the forest.

Jul 7, 2020, 6:06 AM

You said it yourself: "Its the bad apples in their communities that bring it on."

If that's the case, then why would you try to convey a message to the "community" as a whole? It sounds to me like you need to deal with a few individuals.

When's the last time we did something to try to reach a "bad apple"? Instead of thinking about what "black people" should do, or what we should say to "them," how about we try to help an individual (and it doesn't matter what color their skin is) who seems to be having a tough time doing the right things?

If we all reach just one, then it would revolutionize our nation.

Re: You are missing the trees for the forest.

Jul 7, 2020, 6:11 AM

You dont understand what the word community means. You need to start from scratch. The word community is also defined as a group of people with a common characteristic.

Do you think it'd be appropriate to convey a message

Jul 7, 2020, 6:50 AM

to the "black hair" community? Or just skin color? Do you know what the statistics are for crime among people with black hair?

Anyway, you kinda glossed over the main point of the post just now. Don't you think reaching individuals would be more effective than trying to reach a "community"?

Re: Do you think it'd be appropriate to convey a message

Jul 7, 2020, 7:08 AM

I think it's appropriate to talk about black people who think racism is an issue. I will define it better though. The black community who feels racism is an issue. There, now it is fixed.

Jul 7, 2020, 8:55 AM

Epiphany?

Jul 7, 2020, 9:08 AM

Not exactly. We all know it. Just wondering if we will ever be able to talk about the obvious. How about some accountability of what id acceptable? For example, in South Florida, like all over the US, young black dudes wear their pants low. Okay we have all seen that. Now they are showing their nut side too. We're talking at Walmart. Its "nuts". Just talking about earning respect.

Jul 7, 2020, 7:00 PM

Man, they are gonna cancel you with those posts. Gotta be like Cata and stick to it is all the white devils fault and nothing more than racism.

Seriously, ithere are issues that need fixed in the black communities( poor areas) that are caused by inequities but dang it there are also issues there they need to fix too. Al this we gotta change is dookie, both sides need some change and it a'int happeninbg till both sides grasp that fact.

If you've studied up on systemic racism, you'll find that it

Jul 7, 2020, 9:42 AM

is the reason there is elevated violence, weak family units, and poor education in the black community.

Get on board, regular white guy - this is all your fault.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you've studied up on systemic racism, you'll find that it

Jul 7, 2020, 9:54 AM

I feel bad. I will never get a statue.

Racistest thread ever***

Jul 7, 2020, 10:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Racistest thread ever***

Jul 7, 2020, 10:16 AM

In 2020 yes. In 2021 I will be locked up for such heresy.

I feel like we've had much worse on this board.

Jul 7, 2020, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Racistest thread ever*** ]

Sir, that's a bold claim!

Jul 7, 2020, 10:50 AM

The problem and the solution:

1) The DEMOCRATS have suppressed the blacks for decades, keeping them dependent on big government. Blacks by their nature are conservative yet they vote democrat. Why? Because the democrat machine has been hell-bent on giving them freebies for decades in exchange for votes. Think about it--the democrats were even opposed to the Civil Rights Act and Lincoln freed slaves. By all logic blacks should vote republican.

2) EDUCATION is the key, absolutely. Under educated blacks are overly susceptible to democrat bullying and brain-washing. Democrats don't want blacks to be over-educated--->they become republicans.

PROBLEM SOLVED..

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2020, 6:05 PM

Dems do just enough to keep poor folks poor, thus ensuring the way they vote. Dems do not care about poor folks because once they get off the dole they begin to ponder why they vote the way they did.

It would help getting the hyperventillating under control

Jul 7, 2020, 7:15 PM

from all sides, and in between, so real dialogue on any challenge we face together can take place. It's amazing how invigorating and informative a face to face conversation is with a complete stranger, no matter the race, political leaning, dress, what have you (exception for odor), compared with any type of news, social media, online forum, comment sections, and so on. Too many triggers and pro talkers telling us how we should feel and which side is right. Get a stranger's perspective and share yours. You get that all the other noise buying your time is just that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1,094
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic