Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Eight Tigers projected in seven-round NFL mock draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Eight Tigers projected in seven-round NFL mock draft

Apr 18, 2019, 4:05 PM

Eight Tigers projected in seven-round NFL mock draft

We're a week out from the 2019 NFL draft and there are a number of Tigers up for selection over the three-day event. CBS Sports has eight Clemson products going Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Eight Tigers projected in seven-round NFL mock draft

Apr 18, 2019, 4:19 PM

Strange, what happened to Mitch Hyatt draft stock? I don't hear much anything anymore on him being selected early...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 4:26 PM

Reading up on his draft projections, lack of power and size and not enough foot speed to make up for it. His steadiness and production are a plus so most project him as a solid backup type. One of my favorite guys, hope he succeeds.

Apr 18, 2019, 4:55 PM

Power? Wasn't he like 3rd in the bench for OL, like 28 reps or something like that? I remember Qninnen Williams bammer was highest at 35 then dropped from there, this is just from memory.

Apr 18, 2019, 7:33 PM

Power is a lot more than bench press, it’s hand strength, rolling the hips and staying at a low par level, ability to anchor. He’s not a naturally wide or thick built tackle

Apr 19, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Eight Tigers projected in seven-round NFL mock draft ]

Thank you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mitch Hyatt? Whats his knock?***

Apr 18, 2019, 4:49 PM

Apr 18, 2019, 4:57 PM

Very difficult to predict late rounds. There are just too many variables. I don't think it will make much difference for Hunter, whether he is drafted or not . . but for him personally, it would be a neat thing to happen. Even if its the last round.

Hunter will get drafted

Apr 18, 2019, 9:46 PM

I've yet to hear anyone say that he won't. Ive seen him projected 4-6. Typically about 28th ranked WR in the draft . Im saying 4th-5th.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

would be shocking if Dex fell to 2nd rd & Hyatt not drafted

Apr 18, 2019, 5:13 PM

I just dont see that happening. I also think Huggins may be a late pick.

Isnt this so fun. I remember the days when we cheered if we had anyone drafted muchless 8 or more in one draft.

Most projections I've seen/heard in the last month or so

Apr 18, 2019, 5:22 PM

have Dex in the 2nd round. Nobody is talking about Hyatt at all. The only time i heard him mentioned they said he had no power and slow feet or something to that effect. It wasn't very flattering.

Surely the Texans would wanna grab him

Apr 18, 2019, 6:13 PM

If he is still on the board in the late rounds. Only the greatest offensive lineman in Clemson history!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 5:32 PM

How did Mitch go down from a projected first or second rounder from just a year ago to someone who may not get drafted; I am sure that his power/quickness etc. has changed that much in one year - can someone please explain?

He was never an early draft pick

Apr 18, 2019, 5:53 PM

If he had come out early, he’d been in the same position.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Huggins, Hyatt and Joseph will get drafted

Apr 18, 2019, 7:10 PM

I'd be shocked if Hyatt lasted to the 3rd day of the draft.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely blows my mind

Apr 18, 2019, 9:15 PM

How can anyone watch 5 minutes of film on Big Dex, and thinks that he is not 1st rd material. Rashaun Gary has been sliding up in most mocks. He was the #1 coming out of HS, Dex was 2. Gary is a freak athlete but so is Dex. Gary's body of work over 3 years pales in comparison. Its not often that a guy like Vince Wilfork comes along, when it does you'd better go after it.

Don't understand the plummet of Mitch Hyatt. I was critical of him during the 16 and 17 seasons. But at no time did I think he was anything less than a day 2 guy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People seem to be afraid that Dex won't be a 3 down lineman

Apr 18, 2019, 10:55 PM

in the NFL. He's being viewed as a run stuffer that may not be able to affect the QB.

Re: People seem to be afraid that Dex won't be a 3 down lineman

Apr 18, 2019, 11:57 PM

I've been reading the same things. He's a dominant DT and a lucky team in the late first or early second will see how a man of his size moves that fast, is pretty intense. Swallows up double teams to allow linebackers to run free, big dex is a day 1 starter. So is Clelin and Christian. Along with Mullen but drafted later with Bryant behind. That is my hope for the line and I think a correct order of Mullen from what I'm gathering and the grades players recieve. We shall see.. Big Days coming up for all Tigers.

FWIW i think the issue with Hyatt is that he's not elite

Apr 18, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to Absolutely blows my mind ]

enough to play LT in the NFL. Only the very, very best LT prospects actually project as LTs at the next level. The rest of the LTs that get drafted get moved to RT or even guard. And that's probably where Mitch's apparent lack of power comes into play. It doesn't matter if a LT can run block, but it is pretty important for a RT and certainly a guard to be able to run block, and it seems people don't think Mitch can do that.

Re: Absolutely blows my mind

Apr 19, 2019, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Absolutely blows my mind ]

I agree with you on Big Dex, and he does seem to have some Vince W. qualities. I also believe that he will be a more dominant player than Gary at the next level just as he was in college.

Apr 22, 2019, 5:05 PM

Do not be surprised if Renfrow ends up in New England.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic