Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson WR among NFL.com's 10 to watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson WR among NFL.com's 10 to watch

Jul 4, 2018, 1:42 PM

Clemson WR among NFL.com's 10 to watch

Clemson senior wide receiver Hunter Renfrow was named one of the ten wide receivers to watch in college football by NFL.com on Wednesday. "Ultimately, my goal h Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson WR among NFL.com's 10 to watch

Jul 4, 2018, 4:29 PM

I am genuinely curious to see where the NFL draft ends up rating this guy.

You watch the film, it's kind of ridiculous. He's always open. He's not usually beating a guy on a straight vert or wide slap open for the house-call, but he works the underneath routes almost like he's got this invisible repeller field around him that somehow makes him impossible to cover. It's always there. Whenever you absolutely, positively have to have a first down, it takes massive and concerted effort from the other team - usually with high-low combo coverages - to remove him, or he's basically uncovereable. Which is just an amazing luxury to have. And especially if you've got guys like Mike Williams or Tee Higgins who can take the top off the defense - and they have to respect your ability to go after it, as everybody did with Deshaun Watson - that simply is not possible, not unless you're willing to leave a corner on an island against Mike Williams, which absolutely nobody was.

One thing I am almost 100% of, is that Deshaun Watson will want him. Badly. And teams tend to try to keep their superstars happy. It just takes an amazing amount of pressure off the QB to know the shorter checkdown option is there - always - if the homerun ball isn't.

Be fascinating to see what that translates as, in NFL terms. The scouts won't like what they see on their stopwatches or measuring tape...but all that incessant openness, all that production against elite teams, all those clutch catches...well. If I'm Houston, I'd personally draft him no later than the third and wish Deshaun an early Happy Birthday, and figure those two will probably be together the next 10 years or so.

Jul 4, 2018, 6:13 PM

How fast was Fred Biletnikoff?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2018, 9:36 AM

Saw Biletnikoff play in person in the 60s. HR is exactly the same kind of receiver.

Absolutely Q - the young man is special

Jul 4, 2018, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson WR among NFL.com's 10 to watch ]

In terms of sheer clutch ability, Renfrow is right there with the GOAT DW4. That says its all. His hands are spun from gold.

We know he will work all year on his speed and fitness. Draft spot will depend largely on speed and quickness. Cole Beasley, 2012 SMU class measurables, were as follows:

Measurable Measurement %tile
Height 5' 7?"* 1
Weight 175 lbs* 4
10 Yard Split 1.57s* 47
40 Yard Dash 4.49s* 58
Vertical Jump 38"* 81
Broad Jump 126"* 83
3-Cone Drill 7.16s* 13
20 Yard Shuttle 4.4s* 12
Bench Press 17 reps* 72

Love your observation about Houston Texans fit. Also found your Mike Williams/Tee Higgins analogy interesting - one WR who starred on natl champ team & went top 10 in draft and one who Dabo did not consider worthy of 1st string going into 2018 spring game. Motivation? Anyway, another excellent post ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Absolutely Q - the young man is special

Jul 4, 2018, 9:00 PM

Kind of a subtle star, humble hero

Jul 5, 2018, 7:22 AM

Clutch on 3rd down and picked on Bama 2 out of 3 times.
Couple of questions though:
- How much does he benefit from defenses paying more attention
to other receivers like Williams, Cain, and Higgins?
- How much of a distraction is his hot girlfriend/fiance?
- How badly does he need to work on his abs?
Ok, that was 3 questions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2018, 9:59 AM

Dear Brandon, thanks for the props on Hunter. But i think you shorted him a TD somewhere during the CFP:

2015 vs. OK --1 TD
2015 vs. Bama--2 TDs
2016 vs. Ohio St--0
2016 vs. Bama --2 TDs
2017 vs. Bama--0

Please give our hero his due!

Jul 5, 2018, 2:13 PM

Renfrow is so fun to watch. Hes always open and a really gritty player with good hands. It sounds kinda like people are sleepin on him though? Receivers like him are very valuable in the NFL I think he will do great.

Also, why does it seem like they are talking Deebo Samuel up more than Renfrow? I havent watched much of Samuel, but his stats aren't really that special, and on a garbage team, while Renfrow is a national champion. Whats the deal does anyone know why Samuel is up there?

Re: Deebo

Jul 5, 2018, 3:13 PM

His stats are light because he's always hurt. Because they overuse him. Because he's their only playmaker.
When he is healthy he can be electrifying, and when he is in the lineup they think they can play with anybody. He is their reason for hope in any game.
But Muschamp is always gonna Muschamp, and USC is always gonna suck. They will use him at multiple positions until he breaks and they have to develop a new weapon.
If Muschamp could develop multiple weapons and a QB that could distribute the ball to his own teammates, they might have a chance to become good. Yeah, right.
Remember George Rogers? 35-38 carries per game, win the Heisman, win 1 or 3 more games than you would have if you'd rotated in a fresh back, he gets addicted to powder and painkillers while you shorten his career, today you (they) proudly let him sell autographs for $5 outside their slum stadium. Their culture hasn't changed.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic