Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe I'm the only one but does anyone else remember...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,317

Maybe I'm the only one but does anyone else remember...

Dec 10, 2013, 2:22 AM

When you had to find polls that ranked outside of the top 25 to find Clemson University Football? Like a full 117 team ranking?

This was 2001 through 2007 with the exception of a few end of year polls. Yes I remember 63-17 and Charlie going 4-0 against SCAR but we have never been at the level we are today since I was 5 years old. I'm loving every minute of beating UGA and LSU and going to Orange Bowls. And I'll be loving every minute of beating the socks off of Ohio State too!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And yes I said "Orange Bowls" with an "s"***

Dec 10, 2013, 3:49 AM

Yes! Finishing the season at #23

Dec 10, 2013, 4:05 AM

Was a reason for celebrating. I remember when I was in 5th grade, I had been watching football for most of my life, but I was starting to get more into the whole things like rankings and everything. Anyway, the year before was when we beat Tennesee in the Peach Bowl and finished ranked. The next year was when we didn't go to a bowl because of the brawl with Sakerlina. I remember looking at the top 25 later on, maybe after bowl season, and seeing us not ranked and thinking that they did it solely based on us not going to a bowl and that they didn't realize we were good enough! I learned pretty quickly about rankings and how being 6-5 doesn't justify a top 25 ranking! Hahah

Absolutely!

Dec 10, 2013, 8:10 AM

I was in college during our most recent four win stretch against the cesspit in Columbia. It was great, but so unbelievably frustrating so see us lose games that we shouldn't. I'm disappointed that we lost to FSU and that other school, but honestly we lost because we played like crap those two nights. Can we beat them? Absolutely! But at least we aren't blowing games against Wake Forest or Duke (which I give a lot of respect to now). I like Dabo and hope he stays for a long time! These fans that don't like him blow me away! He's the best coach (or system manager) we've had in a long time! If they think they can do a better job, then put in an application! Otherwise, I I wish they'd shut the heck up!

Routine losses to Duke, Wake, and Maryland after wins over..

Dec 10, 2013, 11:42 AM

FSU and Miami (Although not GREAT FSU and Miami teams) have not occured in over 2 years.

Beating teams we are supposed to. It almost makes you wonder what TB and staff were doing leading up to game days.

good post!***

Dec 10, 2013, 12:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,317
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic